Factory Mats On New Cars

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
silver130
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Factory Mats On New Cars

Post by silver130 »

For those of you who have recently picked up your new cars. If you ordered the mats on the factory order did you get the ones with the Scirocco logo on them.
I pick mine up on Thursday and I went to have a look today but it doesn't look like it has the Scirocco logo ones fitted :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
My current Scirocco came with them so assumed I would get the same ones. Would appreciate a quick response from you all so I can get it sorted before Thursday :)
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!
Gaz160
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Front fogs
18" inters
Reversing sensors
Sills
Mats

Re: Factory Mats On New Cars

Post by Gaz160 »

Picked mine up on the 1st and they don't have the logo on them.
scirocco
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

Do you like the bark off the new 210PS tsi compared to the old 200PS version?
Ian_Mac
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Post by Ian_Mac »

Are you ones with the logo on not classed as 'premium' or 'luxury' for which VW will try and fleece another £100 or so out of your wallet?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Ian_Mac wrote:Are you ones with the logo on not classed as 'premium' or 'luxury' for which VW will try and fleece another £100 or so out of your wallet?
That's correct the "Luxury" mats have a slightly thicker pile and have Scirocco written on them.
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

silver130 wrote:My current Scirocco came with them so assumed I would get the same ones. Would appreciate a quick response from you all so I can get it sorted before Thursday :)
If the mats were thrown in as part of the deal first time round or the dealer forgot to include them in the factory order, chances are it would be the luxury ones as that's what the dealers would be ordering. Ordering mats with the car on a factory build will get the plain ones.
sean28uk
Options: bluetooth telephone kit, multi function steering wheel, 18 inch wheels, nicer mats

Post by sean28uk »

Hi I am confused.

I did not order mats, as I did not even think about it at the time. When it was delivered I was told that they had thrown the luxury mats in, they are pretty nice and thick but no logo.

I must say plain black looks very nice and suits the interior well, but are these the standard mats then ? Not overly concerned and would have chosen the ones i had i think, but am now intrigued as to which ones i have.

cheers
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

premium mats = plain (factory ordered mats)
luxury mats = scirocco written down the side (ordered from dealer not part of factory order)
sean28uk
Options: bluetooth telephone kit, multi function steering wheel, 18 inch wheels, nicer mats

Post by sean28uk »

thanks trix - the dealer may have said premium rather than luxury to me.

at least i know the difference.

cheers
PDD1
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: leather

Post by PDD1 »

There are two standards of mats: as you might have guessed the more expensive comes with the scirocco logo, suggest you have got the standard. Mine took one day to deliver. Hope all goes well
silver130
In: Indium Grey
Options: Indium Grey. 2.0 GT. DSG. Panoramic Sunroof. Dynaudio. Rear Parking Sensors. Bluetooth Hands Free. Cruise Control.
Aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. Premium Mats.
Now Gone. Scirocco 2.0 GT Manual
Rising Blue Paint. Dynaudio.Premium Mats. aluminium Pedals. Sill Trims. R32 Gearknob.

Post by silver130 »

Picked up new car today. Good news. The Scirocco logo mats were installed. Apparently, the logo mats arrive separately when you factory order mats. I don't know if this is just something that VW UK do or not but I'm not complaining. :D :D :D
IF IT'S NOT BROKEN
I'VE NOT TOUCHED IT YET !!