RNS 510 with Bluetooth and MDI

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
whicher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

RNS 510 with Bluetooth and MDI

Post by whicher »

Had my new 1.4 (160) TSI a few days now and I am completely over the moon and in love with it!! I thought that I would post a little issue here that I've discovered in case it helps anyone making their decision on what to buy.

I've got the RNS Sat Nav system and VW Bluetooth fitted to my car. Using the iPhone 4 I can connect to Bluetooth in the car without a problem and it works great! Similarly, plugging the iPhone into the MDI works a treat, being able to control the iPod through the stereo system. The problem that I'm having is that for some unknown reason, if the Bluetooth is on and the iPhone plugged into the MDI, you can't always hear music through the Stereo. You can control the iPhone and select songs and everything works as it should but no audio come out!

Simple solution for me was to spend a day converting my iTunes library to MP3 and organising it onto an SD card before copying the whole lot to the internal hard drive. Geez that took time to do! Works excellently though now, using Bluetooth on the iPhone, plugging it into the MDI (for charging) and playing music off the Hard Drive.

Great solution for me, but if someone specs the car without the sat nav system then you won't get a hard drive and could run into problems when using Bluetooth and MDI connection together on the same iPhone.

Sorry... a bit waffly but hope that makes sense! :D

James
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: RNS 510 with Bluetooth and MDI

Post by Shaun »

Never tried it. all my music is on SD cards brilliant really, just like little cd's , it works for me anyway.