Colour MFD Images

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
whicher
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Colour MFD Images

Post by whicher »

I've been asked by a couple of people to upload some photos of the Colour MFD on my car (which I picked up this morning! :clap: )

I think that it looks great and has nice animations that move the menu through the various different pages and options. Not completely worked out how it all works yet but have taken some pictures of various different pages to give you an idea. Any questions then give me a shout!

James

Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Colour MFD Images

Post by Cuprabob »

Looks very good but you were one of the lucky ones to get it.

I've had to remove it from my order due to supply issues with it
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

Cuprabob wrote:Looks very good but you were one of the lucky ones to get it.

I've had to remove it from my order due to supply issues with it
Oh no... That's rather boring! Did they give you a reason why they can't supply them?
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
Cuprabob
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

No reason was given but possibly due to the current issues in Japan that's affecting a lot of the supply chain
raffoul232
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Looks amazing, hopefully in a year or so once I trade in my car this option will be a must :yes:
ALL MODS ON HOLD
Andy Leic
Options: Front Fogs, Folding MIrrors, Cruise Control, Interlagos Wheels

Post by Andy Leic »

I had to remove it from my order to (ref my thread the other week). Supply issues with Japan, no indication when (or if) it'll be available again anytime soon, its been removed from VWs option menu. It looks really good aswell :(

Andy
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

Looks so much better than my old red dot matrix one :cry:

Hopefully my next car will have something a bit nicer to look at.

I'm still surprised that with the advances in screens for smartphone and the like that the graphics and resolution on these MFD screens has taken so long to get to this level, and it still looks a long way short of what it could be imo.

For £200 you can get an ipod touch with a higher res, more colourful screen, and it's a music player and does internet and games and photos and it's a touch screen interface etc. But VW want (as near as makes no difference) the same money for a smaller screen that basically just does text and simple graphics.

Yes you don't want clutter on the screen and it needs to be clear enough to read in a heartbeat but that doesn't mean they have to skimp and stitch us up for the price too. They could learn a lot from the smartphone world.
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

While I'm at it, I still wish for DSG cars they'd have a big gear number display right in the middle when you're in paddle mode and I dunno why the gears are marked on the screen as 654321 instead of 123456.
skippy
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

I also have the 'original' red dot matrix display, was rather annoyed when the White display and modified steering wheel were announced literally within weeks of taking delivery. Oh well, happens with everything, but that colour display does look cool. :)
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Who's going to be the first to retro fit it :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-Scirocco-COLOR ... 2a1189d126" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Is it plug and play like mk5 clock changes and can the mileage be entered? I did ask for the colour DIS added to my order only to be denied. :(

If it'll work with just vcds coding I may be tempted at that price. :D
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

b0rk wrote:If it'll work with just vcds coding I may be tempted at that price. :D
VCDS will not encode the panel. You need to be attached to VW diagnostics to encrypt the security etc. This is done by link to VW-Germany and codes are then downloaded. VW will want ot know why the Scirocco is being fitted otherwise the codes will not be released.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ser#p63315" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =38&t=5444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Plus there is a posibillity you may need a new Body Control mudule in the car !, Although the seller says not but I would not go on that !, also there was apparently a change in the imobiliser set up in mid 2010 which could cause issues according to .
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

So it's dealer fit only.. May as well buy the module from them in first place then as I can't see my local dealers being prepared to fit a part sourced off ebay. Dealer prices are IIRC £400 + £170 (refundable on return of old clocks) + say 3 hrs labour @£90 p/h basically the best part of £700, not really worth it tbh.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

b0rk wrote:So it's dealer fit only.. May as well buy the module from them in first place then as I can't see my local dealers being prepared to fit a part sourced off ebay. Dealer prices are IIRC £400 + £170 (refundable on return of old clocks) + say 3 hrs labour @£90 p/h basically the best part of £700, not really worth it tbh.
You could try to get somebody like VWCruise to fit them for you ?
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

I don't think VW Cruise have the ability to link up to the on-line FAZIT system in Germany. Their website suggests use of VCDS to code, ie long coding etc. only. Access to the FAZIT system is an essential prerequisite to do this exchange.

Very, very few outside VAG have the access for obvious reasons otherwise why bother with the secure encrypted ignition keys & immobiliser. One such is http://www.mdmtechnik.co.uk/diagnostics ... s5052.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
jonosussex
In: Indium Grey
Options: sunroof, leather, satnav, reversing sensors, cruise, winter pack, headlight washers, folding mirrors..

Post by jonosussex »

Have just ordered a new Indium Grey (2.0 TSi DSG) to replace my 3 year old Rising Blue. How do i find out if it has a colour highline ?
1996-1999 Mazda 323 2.0 V6
1999-2002 Celica 190
2002-2005 Celica T-sport
2005-2008 Golf GTi
2008-2011 'Roc 2.0 TSi manual - Rising Blue
2011- ?? Roc 2.0 TSi DSG Indium Grey
Cuprabob

Post by Cuprabob »

jonosussex wrote:Have just ordered a new Indium Grey (2.0 TSi DSG) to replace my 3 year old Rising Blue. How do i find out if it has a colour highline ?
If you ticked the box for the £185 option.

You may have not been offered the option as they were having serious supply issues with it. I had it specced on mine and had to take it off, like a few other people as it was holding up my car being built
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I see, they told me they could do it ?, they must be confused

PS, your link now worky LOL
*** ALL PRICES QUOTED ARE FOR EXCHANGE UNITS , YOUR OLD CLUSTER WILL GO BACK TO VW ***

** MILEAGE AND ALL SERVICE DATA WILL BE TRANSFERED TO NEW CLUSTER **

** WE REQUIRE ALL VEHICLE KEYS WHEN CODING THE IMMOBILSOR **

RW1 wrote:I don't think VW Cruise have the ability to link up to the on-line FAZIT system in Germany. Their website suggests use of VCDS to code, ie long coding etc. only. Access to the FAZIT system is an essential prerequisite to do this exchange.

Very, very few outside VAG have the access for obvious reasons otherwise why bother with the secure encrypted ignition keys & immobiliser. One such is http://www.mdmtechnik.co.uk/diagnostics ... s5052.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
RW1
Legend

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

They must be using a crack method :rolleyes: It can be done.

C.
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!