Headlight Washers

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
lokyt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos, Vienna Black Leather, Cruise Control, Rear Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Dynaudio Pack, Badge Deletion, Electric Mirrors, Stainless Steel Sills, Alloy Pedals, LEDs

Headlight Washers

Post by lokyt »

I replaced my standard halogen dipped beam h7's at the weekend with Philips Blue Visions. They are slightly whiter but still not impressed. Has anyone bought these for their Roc?

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/h7-5000k-d ... -12v-44160" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After I replaced the bulbs, I've used my washers to clean the windscreen. Before the bulb change when I pulled the stick towards me the lights turn off and the headlight washers do their thing along with the windscreen. Now after I replaced them the headlights don't turn off and the headlamp washers don't appear. It seems it only washes my windscreen.

Any ideas? :?
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Headlight Washers

Post by wigit »

they head lamp washers do not work on ever wiper wash cycle, from memory its something like every 5th
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
mordred1973
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

and the lights don't turn off....its just the deluge of water interrupts the beam.......

the washer do f' all other than put lines up the bonnet mind you lol
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

As above, headlights don't turn off when squirting and washers work about every 4th time iirc