Coming home lights

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
etotheip
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Coming home lights

Post by etotheip »

Hey there,

Does anybodies coming home lights work? Mine appear not be working and gone into local dealer and they couldn't solve it either! :no:
Still going strong =)
robrob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Re: Coming home lights

Post by robrob »

Mine work fine.

Though I have to say I hardly ever use them as since they are not Automatic, I forget they exist...
Last edited by robrob on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

etotheip wrote:Hey there,

Does anybodies coming home lights work? Mine appear not be working and gone into local dealer and they couldn't solve it either! :no:
When you take your keys out the ignition if its dark pull the light stalk towards you twice, that will actiavte the lights which will stay on for however long you set them for on the MDI,

If that doesnt work I have no idea sorry :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
CTRnutter
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

CTRnutter wrote:
etotheip wrote:Hey there,

When you take your keys out the ignition if its dark pull the light stalk towards you twice, that will actiavte the lights which will stay on for however long you set them for on the MDI,

If that doesnt work I have no idea sorry :)
Ok I'll be throwing the keys at the dealer tomorrow to fix the same problem as it appears mine has stopped working too as I went out to check to see if what I had told you was correct :rolleyes: :shrug:
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I've only tried this once but for me as far as I remember I turn off the ignition flashed the full beam once and then pulled out the key, opened the door and that worked for me.

PS just make sure the coming home lights are turned on in the MDI.
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I just tried it now and still works the same for me :yes:
etotheip
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

Thanks for that folks and tried suggestions and still no luck. Dealer said they will speak to VW for fix!
Still going strong =)
easybreeze
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

were your DLRs turned off?
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

etotheip wrote:Thanks for that folks and tried suggestions and still no luck. Dealer said they will speak to VW for fix!
PS make sure the lights aren't set to 0 or to the side lights, leave them in the Auto position.
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

Yes DRLs are on always! and the switch has never left the 'auto' position but thanks for the input :)
Still going strong =)
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

Can I just added, once I take the key out and flash the light - they don't come on at this point, they come on when I open the drivers door and stay on for the time I've set even after I've locked the car.
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

rehmondo,

mine do that but the computer states that they should stay on for 30s!
Still going strong =)
jonosussex
In: Indium Grey
Options: sunroof, leather, satnav, reversing sensors, cruise, winter pack, headlight washers, folding mirrors..

Post by jonosussex »

Yep - i just got the same problem too! coming home and leaving home lights don't work - even though they are set on in the MFD!. I'll try the headlight flasher fix. Does that fix it permanently or do you have to do it every time?

cheers.
1996-1999 Mazda 323 2.0 V6
1999-2002 Celica 190
2002-2005 Celica T-sport
2005-2008 Golf GTi
2008-2011 'Roc 2.0 TSi manual - Rising Blue
2011- ?? Roc 2.0 TSi DSG Indium Grey
simmytt
In: Salsa Red
Options: winter pack,alloy pedals,

Post by simmytt »

i think you have to flash the lights every time for them to work, i could be wrong and hope i am wrong as i find this to be a pain in the backside and its not what i would call auto,the come home lights on my mk2 leon fr worked as they should turn off ignition take key out lights came on.
CTRnutter

Post by CTRnutter »

OK set the setting in the mfd, then with the keys in the ignition flash the full beam once, take the keys out the ignition when you open the drivers door the lights will come on and switch off after however long you have programmed them to stay on for, I have only had to do this once and now they come on automatically every-time I open the door after a journey.

not sure why they stopped but I reset everything and all is fine again :)
simmytt
In: Salsa Red
Options: winter pack,alloy pedals,

Post by simmytt »

i have to flash lights every time for them to work,but i will double check my settings.
jonosussex
Options: sunroof, leather, satnav, reversing sensors, cruise, winter pack, headlight washers, folding mirrors..

Post by jonosussex »

Thnaks!! Sounds like a plan - will try this morning and report. But why dod the bl**dy things stop working?

Can anyone give me advice on the convenience menu in the MFD? I really don't understand it and the manual is not helpful...

cheers
1999-2002 Celica 190
2002-2005 Celica T-sport
2005-2008 Golf GTi
etotheip

Post by etotheip »

Still not working but will reset settings in computer and see if that helps!
Still going strong =)
jonosussex

Post by jonosussex »

Mine haven't been working lately; followed this thread, then when all else failed I read the manual. Try page 59... Something like ....The coming/leaving home function nonly works if ............ it is dark....

Of course - I am now getting home in the light .. I thinks it a big DOH! from me... :?
1999-2002 Celica 190
2002-2005 Celica T-sport
2005-2008 Golf GTi
jonosussex

Post by jonosussex »

Yep - its dark, the coming home lights work!!!

On my GTi they worked day or night - that is why I was confuseb by Roccy - the clever little thing!!!
1999-2002 Celica 190
2002-2005 Celica T-sport
2005-2008 Golf GTi