Second thoughts on viper

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Djjmcw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Focal front speakers, Kenwood rear speakers, Sill protectors, led drl's, Gloss badges & mirrors

Second thoughts on viper

Post by Djjmcw »

Hi all, I recently ordered a Viper Roc and just yesterday I spotted my 1st one on the road and tbh I'm maybe thinking I've chosen the wrong colour!! From the start its been eather that or Rising blue. Dont know what to do now! HELP
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: Second thoughts on viper

Post by RW1 »

Well, if you ain't sure about VG, then :shake:. Then are you sure about RB??

Once you've sorted that out, asap to the dealers and see if the colour on your order can be changed. From 04.03.11, it is not too late to make a change of that nature.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Strat
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

Personally i think the viper is a very acquired taste, and not the route id go down/didnt. RB is a lot safer and really nice colour so if you are not 100%, may be best to change?
Rolling Deep...
Scott_mac
In: Night Blue
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

I personally think you need the more aggressive stance of the 'R' to pull of Viper Green....
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
joegash
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150

Post by joegash »

I was sceptical when I ordered my viper, however when came it was stunning. The white and blue cars are everywhere where as the viper really turns heads, i personally wouldn't want it in any other colour but these things as always are down to personal preference. good luck with whichever you decide as i'm sure you'll love either way :)
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Viper Rocco, nice to look at, but i wouldnt want to own one.

Might be a nicer colour on another car though, having thoughts about painting one of my MK2 GTI's Viper Green. . . . . :nod:
scirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

Sure you only live once! At least you can tick owning a green car off the list.....
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

It's a brave choice to choose Viper. Are you not liking it as much or are you worried about retained value? I like them when I see them, but for me it's a colour to lease and not buy (my dealer has already confirmed it's not a desirable colour for them as a part ex - I chose RB).
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Djjmcw
Options: Focal front speakers, Kenwood rear speakers, Sill protectors, led drl's, Gloss badges & mirrors

Post by Djjmcw »

Thanks for the replies, Its a lease car so no probs on resale just cold feet I suppose
Scott_mac
In: Night Blue
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

Djjmcw wrote:Thanks for the replies, Its a lease car so no probs on resale just cold feet I suppose
Stick with it then!

You'll find it more easily in a car park :)
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
gibbsy
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

Our son's neighbour has a Viper and my wife really likes the colour. ''If only I was 20 years younger, I would have had that colour'' said she. I also like the colour ''If only I was 20 years younger, well perhaps 30'' said I.
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Scott_mac wrote:I personally think you need the more aggressive stance of the 'R' to pull of Viper Green....
I agree, although its not a colour for me :(
padawanno

Post by padawanno »

If you really don't like the colour - i would advise the dealer now so you can change it asap. You don't want to have a car that you are not going to be happy with.

Personally I chose the VG. I like the colour and when I first saw my first viper on the road it made me smile. When i first clapped eyes on my Viper Roc parked on the forecourt of the dealership as the salesperson picked me up from the station - I had a big massive grin on my face again. It just makes me smile.

It's all down to personal preference- I know, not everyone would pick such a leery car colour. I think it suits the Roc. If you want to join the pack then candy white, rising blue and black, I guess are the safe colours to choose. I love the Roc in white - but I couldn't cope with the cleaning it every 5 minutes ( not that i am cleaning my VG at the moment - hopefully this weekend !!!). Rising blue was my second choice, and salsa red and black were the others.

I guess I was smitten by the VG on the iroc concept.

Pick the colour that you are happy with. The owning of the Roc will make you smile :) I love mine - its only 3 weeks old.
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

Wise words Padawanno! :D
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
Djjmcw

Post by Djjmcw »

Thanks to all, The thing is I've been exited about getting VG from the one I seen in the showroom it did make me smile as soon as I saw it whereas the blue one I tested was really nice but I dont suppose I felt the same about it it was just yesterday when I passed one in a lay-by I was pretty shocked at the colour. And every one I see online looks a different shade lol,, I phoned the dealer today and he told me I can still change but I'm really not sure

Thanks
Shaun
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Cars in the showroom look really different to real life IMO due to the lighting etc, lets be honest your not going to see yours in a showroom after you have bought it, so if you dont like it on the road then ......
mjc6852
Options: dsg, rear sensors,winter pack,dynaudio, dab

Post by mjc6852 »

Stick with viper that's my advice. I went through the same thought as you, even though I had read on a forum that rising blue may be discontinued, in spite of this I thought maybe the blue, but then I saw a viper what a stunner! so i have stuck with it and I am hoping to have it end May. I have even got a v personal plate for it. Don't know if this helps or not but good luck with whatever you choose. :)
tonymar
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: 12 point electric black leather seats , dvd sat nav, parking sensors, electric mirrors, prem mats and flaps , alloy door sills , alloy foot pedals, GT steering wheel badge , 1983 mk1 scirocco GLS

Post by tonymar »

its all about personal choice , ive had my viper for over a year now and have never for one second regretted the colour chioce , i think it really suits the car .
i can understand it may be a brave choice for some people but im sure once youve had it a short while you wont regret it

if u want to be like the rest get a white or black one , they are the colours i see most , although white looks good they are too common now.
i also think the car can look plain in certain other colours - but thats just my opinion
peppermuncher
In: Deep Black

Post by peppermuncher »

I'm sort of in the camp of VG. I'm so board and sick of seeing white cars. :cry:

Every second car is white, good looking white cars are getting lost in the sea of poo cars coloured white.

How can a citroen c5 estate in white look good! God help me!!! I remember when if you had a white car it was either a works van (white van man) or you were too poor to afford a metalic. It seems that white is now the new silver. I'm liking the more imaginative colours.

Saying that my car is dark metallic grey! (What a tit!) :fall:
JG400
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

Don't worry the car looks fantastic , any doubts I had vapourised when I saw mine on the top exposed deck of our office multistorey carpark surrounded by drap white , black and blue other cars , spent the whole day answering questions from collegues as they gazed out the window at it.