Am I sad or what ??

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Ian_Mac
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Re: Am I sad or what ??

Post by Ian_Mac »

It was the lack of rubber inserts that put me off buying a cheaper eBay version, I like the idea of all 3 matching.

Luckily the 3 screws don't bother me, if you find a solution for £2 then that's an absolute bargain!
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

I can live without the footrest, definitely not keen on the screwed versions, looks a bit too amateur DIY for me.

Saw quite a plain footrest available in drilled and undrilled (for gluegun/double sided tape application) for £17 on ebay, not quite a proper match to the pedals though, so i'll give it a miss. I don't think i'd pay more than £25 for a proper matching footrest.

Seen the all metal VW bottle opener divider on UK Ebay for £5 + £1 delivery - will probably get that rather than the black plastic one with metal inserts to go in the covered cup holder.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
dinger19
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Parking Sensors,mats,bluetooth.

Post by dinger19 »

Just phoned Skoda parts department and was advised that the chrome exhaust tips will be with them on Friday.:(
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Just been in touch with my local TPS branch (Byker, Newcastle), they're happy to trade with the public and they beat ebay prices for what i'm after, no postage fees incurred as it's a local pick-up.

RHD pedal cap set (manual) = £74.29 + VAT (£89.15)

Rubber front mat set = £22.50 + VAT (£27.00), still happy with my old carpet set, these are for the winter.

Sliding cover variant cup holder (centre console) assembly in "satin black" UBN colour = £25.25 + VAT (£30.30)

2nd "missing" small rubber mat to fit in cup holder = £2.16 + VAT (£2.59)

Didn't ask about the OEM premium sills as i'll probably get the HK ones.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Ian_Mac
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Post by Ian_Mac »

All fitted in around 5 mins this afternoon :happybanana: Pleased I bought the removal tool though as the left clip looked like it'd be really fiddly to do with a screwdriver.

Excuse the dirty mats!

:yes: :yes:
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Ian_Mac wrote:I've just ordered one of these cheeky chappies to compliment the metal pedals

Seemed a shame to leave the footrest untouched. 8)
Very nice Ian
I'll forgive the use of my picture (thought it looked familiar lol !)
Can't believe my footwell was that clean once :hyper: Time for a spring clean me thinks
http://www.scirocconet.co.uk/forum/fitt ... t1438.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
Ian_Mac

Post by Ian_Mac »

Yes, I'm 2 down 1 to go now. Just need the Americans to get their act together and post the footrest.

I took the rubber mats out today, now keeping my fingers crossed that the majority of the bad weather has gone.

Cheers for the inspiration Martdy. :yes:
Sootchucker
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Looking good Ian :yes:

Can't wait for my car to arrive so I can do mine as well.
dinger19

Post by dinger19 »

Woohoo received a phone call this morning from Skoda parts that my chrome exhaust trims are in,so promptly forced myself to go and collect them and the good new is...........YES.....they do fit as I offered them up before I left all for £27.00 which is a hell of alot cheaper than VW. :)

Thanks to Sootchucker.:)
dinger19

Post by dinger19 »

A word of warning...check that your exhausts ends are of equal length as mine aren't and did not fancy cutting them. :eek:the only downside of that is one can be hammered all the way the other cant be. :(
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

Good news, can you take a pic or two when you have them fitted Cheerzzz

J.