What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
nubsy
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: leather, interlargos 18" alloys, front fog's, tinted window's.

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by nubsy »

Dealer emailed thismorning and told me my roc would be on a ship tomorow. Should take about 3 weeks to arrive in uk. Then another couple of weeks worth of paperwork through the motability scheme. Build week 9. Ordered 5th jan 2011. Hopefully lookin at end of April to drive away.
Also having oem GT chrome exhaust tips fitted when it arrives, now available in vw accessories catalouge. Weld fitted aswell.
gibbsy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

Dealer rang yesterday. No build date, ordered 4th January.

Passing the dealer this afternoon saw a transporter pulling up with a storm trooper and viper on board. Lucky sods.
sjobbe
In: Candy White
Options: HID, RNS315, Interlagos, Sport Pack, Cruise, Dynaudio, Keyless Access, Bluetooth and Webasto with remote.

From Finland

Post by sjobbe »

gibbsy wrote:Dealer rang yesterday. No build date, ordered 4th January.
Passing the dealer this afternoon saw a transporter pulling up with a storm trooper and viper on board. Lucky sods.
I ordered mine one month after you did and my confirmed build week is 12. There is something odd with UK orders.
- TDI 140 ordered 3.2.2011
- Built week 12
- At the docks in Finland 19.4.2011
- Driving 4.5.2011
whicher
Options: 18" Interlagos, 2 Zone Climate, Cruise Control, Paddleshift, Colour MFD, Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenons, Winter Pack, Front Fogs, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Tinted Glass, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Fixed Price Servicing.

Post by whicher »

gibbsy wrote:Dealer rang yesterday. No build date, ordered 4th January.

Booo... :(

Seems like your dealer may not have allocation to order the car for you.
Ordered: 27th February 2011
VW Confirmed Build Week: 13
Built: 28th March 2011
Delivered to Dealer: 21st April 2011
Pickup: 30th April 2011

Time from order to delivery: 2months 3 days :D
baker31
Options: Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Door Mirrors

Post by baker31 »

Ordered mine in August from leasing company, after the initial delays was told in November would be delivered in March.
Was told it would be delivered to dealer on 4th or march, called lease company and found out on monday the car hasnt even been built yet.
Was excepted by factory on 8th of Feb and has build date of April but this could change.
10 month wait, how can they get away with this ?
desmi
With a: Manual box
Options: pack r-line exterior , 18 inch mallory , pack premium rns 315

Post by desmi »

so does this sound abit to fast , i called my car dealer asked for when my car will be build etc
i order him on 17 februari 2011 and he told me today build week is 11 and car shud arrive end march -first week of april is this quick and hes talking crap or is this possible ?
thehippo
In: Night Blue
Options: 18" Interlagos alloys, multi-function wheel, DAB radio, bi-xenons and rear parking sensors

Post by thehippo »

baker31 wrote:Ordered mine in August from leasing company, after the initial delays was told in November would be delivered in March.
Was told it would be delivered to dealer on 4th or march, called lease company and found out on monday the car hasnt even been built yet.
Was excepted by factory on 8th of Feb and has build date of April but this could change.
10 month wait, how can they get away with this ?
Baker, I suggest that you ask the leasing company for the date that the factory accepted the order. Next, request that they get the dealer (who the order will have been place with via the Leasing Company) to supply you with a courtesy car until your ordered car is built.

I think that most dealers have been agreeing to supplying a courtesy car if your one isn't ready for delivery 12-16 weeks from the date of factory acceptance.
drthingy

Post by drthingy »

estimated build week 19
dealer reckons Ill have the car by the end of may!

fingers crossed!
sciroccoR25
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: 19 talladega
Vienna R leather
Mirror package
Panoramic sunroof
parking sensors rear
driver seat with electronic way adjustment
Rcd510+dynaudio
safty alarm
media in
telephone preparation
toned windows

basicly everything except Dynamic chass controll and navigation.

Post by sciroccoR25 »

Looks like i thought that it would be delayed .Car suppose to arrive into the docks the 13th ,then transporter to a warehouse ten to the dealer .so i gues new arrival will be week 13 ;) owell then snow is gone
niggy
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Salsa Red

Post by niggy »

Just had an update of Build 11th April with eta late May ! Original order placed Early Oct '10. VW really need to sort this out, the delivery is useless.

Hope this car is worth the wait, can't say I would ever wait this long for a car ever again.
jammyd
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Post by jammyd »

Here is my update

Ordered 6th October
Factory Accepted Week 50!!!!!
Built week 10 ( 11/03/2011)
Missed boat on Monday :(

So still waiting

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
Scott_mac
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

Well I know mine has a status of 'V' according to the dealer... which actually basically seems to be nothing!

He reckoned it'd be 16 weeks from date of order before anything changed!!

Still, at least there will be some of the summer left in June/July time :(
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
alaska1977

Post by alaska1977 »

So seven months later its finally arrived. Collecting on Monday. Hope its worth the wait and aggravation !

Stating the obvious but the dealer acknowledged that anyone who ordered August/September 2010 had suffered serious delays. Think he said something like between the two dealerships they have 140 courtesy cars out On the plus side the delay has resulted in blue motion being added and had a free car for five months.
cornelce

Post by cornelce »

Ordered mine a few days ago, and explained the sales rep how desperately I need the car from June as I'm starting work away from home and therefore need the car. He really understood my situation and has given me a genuine estimated date - end of May, first week of June the latest. But then I decided to add on the sunroof, and so he rang me to say how that's going to delay it till mid July. Don't know what the real chances are, but I'm hoping to get it sooner...
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

cornelce wrote:Ordered mine a few days ago, and explained the sales rep how desperately I need the car from June as I'm starting work away from home and therefore need the car. He really understood my situation and has given me a genuine estimated date - end of May, first week of June the latest. But then I decided to add on the sunroof, and so he rang me to say how that's going to delay it till mid July. Don't know what the real chances are, but I'm hoping to get it sooner...
That's what my dealer told me when I ordered in the first week of January. 'Delivery by the end of May'. Someone might just be telling porkies.
Scott_mac
Options: Multifunction Wheel, Bluetooth, Cruise Control

Post by Scott_mac »

According to my dealer it's 20-26 weeks from date of order is what they are stating to customers.

I'd rather expect it late and get it early, than the other way round!!
Current:
2011 VW Scirocco 1.4TSi DSG
2001 Citroen Saxo 1.1 Desire
1972 VW Beetle 1302S
1967 Lotus Elan +2 130S

Previous:
2008 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D-4D TR
1998 Lotus Elise
1998 Peugeot 106 Rallye
*Deleted to avoid embarrassment*
cornelce

Post by cornelce »

Scott_mac wrote:According to my dealer it's 20-26 weeks from date of order is what they are stating to customers.

I'd rather expect it late and get it early, than the other way round!!
I guess it also depends on your spec! And haha yes very true, I like your mindset.
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

Called into my dealer this afternoon, conversation went like this:

''Still no news of a build date. The order has been accepted at the factory, but to be honest I have absolutely no idea when your car will arrive, or even be built.''

There's no problem at the moment with transport, my Volvo is not leased. I'll just be more than a little pi**ed off if I have to buy new tyres for it, which I will have to do in about 3,000 miles.
jammyd
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Post by jammyd »

gibbsy wrote:Called into my dealer this afternoon, conversation went like this:

''Still no news of a build date. The order has been accepted at the factory, but to be honest I have absolutely no idea when your car will arrive, or even be built.''

There's no problem at the moment with transport, my Volvo is not leased. I'll just be more than a little pi**ed off if I have to buy new tyres for it, which I will have to do in about 3,000 miles.
From my experience it is likely that build will be up to 20 weeks after order is accepted by factory, but they might be quicker!

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
gibbsy

Post by gibbsy »

jammyd wrote:
gibbsy wrote:Called into my dealer this afternoon, conversation went like this:

From my experience it is likely that build will be up to 20 weeks after order is accepted by factory, but they might be quicker!
Order was accepted very quickly just two weeks after ordering, so perhaps just another 10 weeks to go, then another four to reach the dealer, middle to the end of June perhaps. :rolleyes: