What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
padawanno
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by padawanno »

mortc002 wrote:
padawanno wrote:I had ordered my Scirocco in the last week of NOV. I have got the info that they are assembling the car in build week 6.
Am now getting excited :)
Looking to the right it seems you have no optional extras. Is this the case? the reason I ask is I ordered the same engine back in Sep with a few extras (See to the right) and have a build week of 9!!

The car I ordered is not an off the shelf one. I have ordered some extras to be fitted. I have no rhyme or reason on how VW organise their build.
Will keep you informed if the information i recieved is correct.
Am hoping you get your car early. Coz when I got the phonecall from the dealer, I got a big grin on my face and was getting all excited :) :vibes: :)
thehippo
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos alloys, multi-function wheel, DAB radio, bi-xenons and rear parking sensors

Post by thehippo »

I placed my order at the end of September and was initially told to expect delivery in December. I was then told that there were delays etc. but that I would hopefully get a build date "soon". Eventually in early January I was told that my order had been accepted at the factory in early December - after a bit of moaning I got the dealer to admit that they hadn't processed the order for a number of weeks because the didn't have a sufficient number of allocations.

I'm now being told that I should expect my car around May/June time, but have at least got them to agree to providing me with a free courtesy car from the middle of April until the Scirocco does actually arrive.

I'ts been very frustrating and if I knew this would have been the lead time back in September I wouldn't have bothered. However, I'm hopefully getting somewhere at last and can look forward to my '11 plate Scirocco for the summer.
alaska1977

Post by alaska1977 »

thehippo - your dealer should be giving you a courtesy car much sooner than April i.e. now. I had a similar experience with an order placed mid August and at the time verbally told latest to expect delivery was end of Nov. I was car-less at the time and because of this I didn't sort a car for the interim and managed without. Then it became apparent I wasn't going to get it before Christmas so I started complaining as I have young family, didn't buy a second hand car because of what they said etc., etc. I believe because he knew I was going to be waiting a long time and bacause of the empty promise at the start the dealer stumped up a courtesy car 10 weeks after I ordered and 6 weeks before they are contractually obliged to. I've had the courtesy car since October. Its always a battle but sure they'll give you one sooner if you complain enough
whatup
In: Viper Green
Options: R-Line interior + exterior, bixenon, rcd510, black windows, rear mirror pack, rear assist

Post by whatup »

i ordered my car the 24th of december and she was build this week (wk 6) the car has to be at my home, the last week of february/firs of march.. 122hp r-line green xenon... (see my avatar)
Sciroccoinmotion
In: Candy White

build week 6

Post by Sciroccoinmotion »

Was told my car is build week 6 so hopefully not to long now

how long should it take to get to the dealers ???
Rocco-liam
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Black 19" laguno Pack, (full body kit) vw side sills, vw front spolier, vw rear bumper
Confirmed week 2 build
Car is at the dealership waiting for me, pick up 3rd march :)

Re: build week 6

Post by Rocco-liam »

Sciroccoinmotion wrote:Was told my car is build week 6 so hopefully not to long now

how long should it take to get to the dealers ???
Depends how far away your dealership is from the port, and it depends if the transporter has a load full of cars for your dealership or whether they have a transporter with cars for different dealers , could be 1-2 weeks
RW1
Legend
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

If you follow the link in this link, it will give you a good idea. The ship for Wk6 is just loading. Look here.

C. ;)
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
markaddy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Parking Sensors, Leather, Pano sunroof

Post by markaddy »

thehippo wrote:I placed my order at the end of September and was initially told to expect delivery in December. I was then told that there were delays etc. but that I would hopefully get a build date "soon". Eventually in early January I was told that my order had been accepted at the factory in early December - after a bit of moaning I got the dealer to admit that they hadn't processed the order for a number of weeks because the didn't have a sufficient number of allocations.
thehippo - I have had an exact mirror of your experience, although the dealer was not as honest and has never admitted issues with their allocations. Although I assume that is why my order was only accepted 2 months after I placed the order.

Last week I was so frustrated with the long wait and lack of information and the lack of honesty, that I cancelled my order!

Since cancelling, I have been searching for an ex-demonstrator or similar and found an unregistered car with a decent spec from another dealer.

However, when I spoke to the other dealer, I raised the issue of allocation and they told me that they had ordered the car for stock so they didn't lose it. They said, when a dealer doesn't have any customer orders and have allocation, they will order for stock. They could transfer their allocation to another dealer with more customer orders than allocation, but don't do it, because they have to meet sales targets and they know they will easily sell brand new sciroccos.

It is such a relief to finally get somewhere and it makes me wonder whether I will ever try and order a new car again!
JK57
In: Rising Blue

Post by JK57 »

I ordered the 1.4 122 on 29th December, changed the paint and alloys. THe dealer initially told me wk 8 build but then changed that to wk 7, they've now told me its built and is en-route from the factory. Still cant beleive how quickly its went through compared to others
mortc002
Options: Dynaudio Pack, DAB, Blutooth & Parking Sensors
https://twitter.com/#!/TilehurstTech

Post by mortc002 »

JK57 wrote:I ordered the 1.4 122 on 29th December, changed the paint and alloys. THe dealer initially told me wk 8 build but then changed that to wk 7, they've now told me its built and is en-route from the factory. Still cant beleive how quickly its went through compared to others
I take it you are buying it debadged base don you having the 160 to the right ;-)
ReggieB
Options: Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio

Post by ReggieB »

Ordered 8th October, just been given estimated week 13! I've never understand the inconsistency in lead times posted here, and lack of explanation from VW, but at least I can start a countdown now... albeit provisional. I expect I'll get a call tomorrow saying they can't supply RB now!
the stig
Options: Leather seats, sports wheel, DVD Nav, Bluetooth, Dynaudio, 2way aircon, cruise control, Parking sensors, electric mirrors and Xeon lights

Post by the stig »

ordered the car 17th of last month, just had confirmation its in build week 2 at the moment, predicted early april...
nubsy
Options: leather, interlargos 18" alloys, front fog's, tinted window's.

Post by nubsy »

Just had call from dealer with a confirmed build week for next week. Wk 9 then i take it. Ordered 5th january 2011.
mortc002
Options: Dynaudio Pack, DAB, Blutooth & Parking Sensors
https://twitter.com/#!/TilehurstTech

Post by mortc002 »

nubsy wrote:Just had call from dealer with a confirmed build week for next week. Wk 9 then i take it. Ordered 5th january 2011.
where did you order from mate?
nubsy

Post by nubsy »

mortc002 wrote:
nubsy wrote:Just had call from dealer with a confirmed build week for next week. Wk 9 then i take it. Ordered 5th january 2011.
where did you order from mate?
VW Windrush Maidenhead Berks.
Barrym246
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking Sensors, Tinted Windows, Folding door mirrors

Post by Barrym246 »

I have orderd a roc 2.0 TDI 140 on 10th September 2010, told I was getting it on the 10th Dec 2010. 1 week before pickup I was told Jan / Feb cos of the BMT change to the engine and now last week I have been told order has been accepted at factory with a build date of April / May 2011 thats a whopping 7 - 8 months wait. Is this usual as this will be my first ever VW so far not impressed.
panhandle
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Everything bar the panoramic..

Post by panhandle »

FYI - I was BW6 and the car will be at the dealer's either today or tomorrow, which is of course just two weeks from production to dealership.
paul t
In: Deep Black
Options: FOGS,FOLDING MIRRORS,18"ALLOYS.MATS

Post by paul t »

Mine was also build week 6 and is due at dealers by tomorrow.However.when asked about picking it up on 1/3 he said he was abit busy that day!Pointed out will then be 19 weeks since ordering,and provided at dealers by tomorrow ,will pick up on 1/3.
gibbsy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

My dealer telephoned this afternoon. Still no firm build date from VW. Ordered on January 4 and accepted at the factory on January 21 with an estimated delivery for end of May. I am impressed with the diligence of the dealer (Capitol VW Merthyr Tydfil). Still I really would love it before June.
nubsy

Post by nubsy »

Dealer emailed 2day, confirm build for this week not next. VW Windrush Maidenhead. Ordered 5th jan 2011. He said it should all be ready for me middle to end of April. Here's hoping!!