Waiting on roc for ages.... getting annoyed with wait now.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
mrsail

Waiting on roc for ages.... getting annoyed with wait now.

Post by mrsail »

Hi All...

I ordered a 2.0l tdi GT in August 2010.......I was told at time of ordering it was a Nov delivery..... now 7 months later Ive been told that the build date is mid March...

I recieved a passat hire car for delay, but v-annoyed now at the amount of time I have waited!...

anybody else in same boat?..... any one been offered anything else... ie upgrades etc for compensation or is that something VW dont do?

Cheers
DonnyViper
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Bluetooth handsfree. Floor mats. Autoglym life shine. Viper Green.
Flat tyre indicator.

Re: Waiting on roc for ages.... getting annoyed with wait no

Post by DonnyViper »

Hi I ordered begin of September and still no build date at all dealer had allocation even at time of order. Got a golf hire car but not been offered any upgrade at the mo. My mates heard a rumour there is a shortage of diesel engines but who knows. Keep your chin up it's got to be worth the wait.
dan999
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: 210PS
Bi Xenon Headlights

Post by dan999 »

I can understand your frustration. I ordered in December 2010 and was annoyed to have to wait until March!
mrsail

Post by mrsail »

Yeah it was because VW decided to upgrade all the 2l diesel engines to Bluemotion ones, so they had to stop the build line and start afresh with all the models, think the passat and golf were first in line......
the scriocco was probably one of the last...

v annoying tho... think I must have ordered at the cut off point!.......
was hoping to hear people had been offered satnav upgrades etc for the wait!. :-) ... but suspect VW make to much to worry about keeping there customers happy....
simc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: leather;winter pack;reversing sensors

Post by simc »

Hi
Ordered same car, same time, also got Oct/Nov for initial delivery. On the bright side, they are now also saying mid- March, so it may be true! At least you're not driving a 100,000+ clapped out Laguna pool- car!

Post back when you get it. What colour? Mine's VG, which, having had a long time to think about it, seems increasingly........... Brave.
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

I thought the 170 TDI is to have no bluemotion technology attached (for the forseeable), just the 140. For this reason I would expect the 170's lead time to be unaffected by the implementation of blue motion technology.

If I get another Roc when mine is 3 years old, I might have to think about ordering it soon. How are these huge delays affecting part ex prices? Are VW dealers unwilling to give an accurate part ex price at time of ordering, or are they giving a sliding scale of value dependent upon length of delay?
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
paul_devon
Options: Electric folding mirrors,
Badge deletion,
Reverse sensors

Post by paul_devon »

I ordered a Scirocco GT 140 tdi for myself on 10th November and got a build slot as week 7 (next week).
I ordered my boss a Scirocco R on 10th January and got a build slot of week 12, although we were first warned it could be 12 months before receiving it!
We are over the moon with that and cannot wait for the delivery of them. This was using Murray Volkswagen in Newton Abbot
Caput Mortuum
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos alloys, Dynaudio Excite, Media-In, Climatronic, Cruise Control, Winter pack, Defa engine & interior heater.

Post by Caput Mortuum »

maisbitt wrote:I thought the 170 TDI is to have no bluemotion technology attached (for the forseeable), just the 140. For this reason I would expect the 170's lead time to be unaffected by the implementation of blue motion technology.
170 manuals were "upgraded" to Bluemotion also. In other words, the TDI 170 with DSG box is the only oil burner not to have BM Technology. Yet.
Andyh79
In: Night Blue

Post by Andyh79 »

The more and more I see, the more I think I've been pretty lucky. I ordered mine (GT TDI 170 - Manual) on November 9th and got a build week of week 5.
Went into production last Monday and am due to be driving by early March... Seems as though I have been unaffected by whatever has been going on. I was originally quoted 16 weeks, and it should be 16 weeks...

I know this doesn't help you, but it seems to be quite hit and miss whether people's get delayed or not.
Sootchucker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Hmmm..... reading all these threads is starting to make me think that the dealer is BS me !

I ordered a 140 TDI Bluemotion GT on the 8th January (this year :D ), pointed the dealer to these threads and told him to be honest with me, didn't mind waiting 15-20 weeks so long as I knew !

He contacted me on the Tuesday after ordering (11/1/11)to tell me the order had been acknowledged by VW and I already had a build week of Week 10 ! I though WTF (in a nice way). Just spoke to him again, and he still insists it's scheduled for a Week 10 Build and that it should be with me no later than Week 14 at the latest. That's an 8-9 Week build time and max of 13-14 weeks to the dealer from ordering ?

Seems to fly against everything esle i've read ?
Andyh79

Post by Andyh79 »

Sootchucker - you're even luckier than me!

Although it is POSSIBLE (if not likely) that mine actually could be on a boat this afternoon for Portugal where it would be in Sheerness by Friday and potentially (best case scenario) available to pick up next week! :) Very unlikely, but possible... I guess. That would be 14 weeks from order, so I guess what you're being told is possible... Hope it works out that way for you.. I'm starting to get very itchy feet waiting for mine.. :)
Sootchucker
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Here's hoping Andy :shrug:
paul_devon
Options: Electric folding mirrors,
Badge deletion,
Reverse sensors

Post by paul_devon »

Andyh,
Is it not worth waiting til 1st March so you get it on an 11 plate?!
Andyh79

Post by Andyh79 »

Paul - that's a good point.. I've been going back and forth on this one...
It's a lease, so I won't have the issue of selling on or part-ex so I'm wondering if I'll be able to wait!

You're right though.. my head says wait.. Dammit! :)
JG400
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

simc wrote:What colour? Mine's VG, which, having had a long time to think about it, seems increasingly........... Brave.
Oh dear , I wondered what that feeling was growing inside me :D.

Via our company car scheme I had originally ordered Sumatra with Viper Green as a fall back, Sumatra was canned and my Wife insisted that it was fate and therefore we were destined to get VG but everytime I see it, it gets younger and younger !!, for the record I ordered July the 30th , dealer had to re-order the car in Nov as original was 'stuck',due to a combination of colour change , engine change and new Sales/Ordering software , build week is 7, dealer assures me the car won't stop moving when it arrives at dock and I am overly optimistic I might get it beginning of March.

I actually believe that VW are over the major delays now , if you look at the evidence most people who are delayed seemed to have ordered in that transition period of July to November , after that people seem to be getting reasonable delivery dates of around 16 weeks quoted at them
mrsail

Post by mrsail »

Mine is actually a lease also...... and I know that the lease company I went to to buy the car had 15 people waiting for a car the same time I ordered in Aug.....
most of them cancelled! (i think 10 in total)...... this has meant the lease company have loads of cars on order!.... I think they can change the spec up till a cut off, so if its a lease this is why you are getting it so quick....

Ive also order candy white!
Grampa
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Panoramic Sun Roof, Piano Black interior, black 19" wheels

Post by Grampa »

JG400 wrote:Via our company car scheme I had originally ordered Sumatra with Viper Green as a fall back, Sumatra was canned and my Wife insisted that it was fate and therefore we were destined to get VG but everytime I see it, it gets younger and younger !!
The first time you see your VG in bright sunlight you will know it's absolutely the right colour...

the stig
Options: Leather seats, sports wheel, DVD Nav, Bluetooth, Dynaudio, 2way aircon, cruise control, Parking sensors, electric mirrors and Xeon lights

Post by the stig »

ordered last month on the 17th been confirmed by a phonecall from the dealer today its being built and to expect early april apposed to may/june which i was originally told....wait and see!
char
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black

Post by char »

mrsail wrote:Hi All...

I ordered a 2.0l tdi GT in August 2010.......I was told at time of ordering it was a Nov delivery..... now 7 months later Ive been told that the build date is mid March...
Hi, similar to you. I ordered Aug/Sept 2010 (lease car) and was given a delivery date of first week January, only for it to then slide and slide. Got a phonecall a couple of weeks ago with a confirmed date of mid March and was given the number plate which will be a 11 plate :) Strangely enough its the exact date that my current lease car needs to be returned, so I suspect the lease company was juggling around stock!

Been so long that I've almost become bored of the car! :?
maisbitt
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Caput: Are you sure the 170 TDI comes with bluemotion technology now? The C02 levels for the engine haven't dropped, nor has the fuel economy improved according to the brochure. The original C02 levels of the 140TDI are hugely different to those of the bluemotion version (which now attracts a £35 tax disc), but the 170 figures stay the same.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI