RCD 510

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
kafraig
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: parking sensors

RCD 510

Post by kafraig »

Just purchased a year old 2.0TDI 140 GT and it has the RCD 510 - I was looking for one with sat nav and would like to upgrade - appreciate some guidance re after market options and costs.
davidscirocco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: panorama tilting roof, electric
"interlagos" alloy wheels
sport pack
RCD 510
air-contition Climatronic with dual- zone climate control, left and right side separately controllable

Re: RCD 510

Post by davidscirocco »

you can make a search on ebay for a RNS 510
kafraig

Post by kafraig »

Thanks, just had a look, there seems to be a few versions for sale - should I be looking for a vC? Most of the units are from Eastern European sellers and are used - does anyone have first hand experience of buying a used one from Eastern Europe - also most sellers say this is simple to fit at home - I am not the best DIY person as am a bit nervous about doing this myself what tools do I need and does anyone have an idiots guide to insllation?
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

Most units for sale are second hand, i know of a seller who is trusted if you want the info, fitting is just a matter of removing a trim panel and then 4 screws, you undo the connectors and then connect up the RNS , fit a GPS Aeriel (which just plugs in and sits just above the RNS) then push the unit in and screw it back up and put the trim on, for a proper installation and to prevent errors on the canbus VCDS should be used to program it, but its not usually needed if your not worried about the errors.

Oh and i would get a C version with the LED screen
kafraig

Post by kafraig »

Thanks, I would be grateful if you can pass on the details of someone reliable, I would prefer if it was programmed properly, does anyone know of someone in the Glasgow/Edinburgh area that can do this?
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

kafraig wrote:Thanks, I would be grateful if you can pass on the details of someone reliable, I would prefer if it was programmed properly, does anyone know of someone in the Glasgow/Edinburgh area that can do this?
Its this seller

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... rty#p64687" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kafraig

Post by kafraig »

Is there another way I can make contact as I am unable to PM as I have not made enough posts.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I have mailed him and asked him to come over here
Sootchucker
In: Candy White
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Like Shaun, I've know the seller for quite a few years.

Not only is he a top bloke (and honest as the say is long), but what he doesn't know about Nav units, CAN Gateways, MFSW's, Convenience modules, Central electrics modules (well you get the point), isn't worth knowing (and a damn sight more intelligent than any dealer I've dealt with).
kafraig

Post by kafraig »

Thanks - I am sure he will be in contact with me soon.

David
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Sorry but he has got back to me and he has stopped selling them :-(
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

Try this Site http://www.oemretrofits.co.uk/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Many have used them and they will do the coding and free installation days in certain locations. I'm using them when I take delivery in March.

Regards to all

Jeff