Does your Rocco get unwanted attention from the Police?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Joloke
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Luxury "Scirocco" Mats

Does your Rocco get unwanted attention from the Police?

Post by Joloke »

I havnt been well for a week so the Rocco hasnt moved much :(
Just taken it out to blow out the cobwebs only to be followed for a couple of miles by the police :(

I drove past a wharehouse with a little siding next to it speed limit was 30 i was doing 28 -30 but not over i spied the car and they pointed directly at my Roc pulled out behind me then followed me :mad:

I wasnt speeding or doing anything wrong but it made me feel a little uncomfortable just before home i came to a roundabout my positioning in the road left a little to be desired i was going to turn right but noticed they were already indicating right so turned left instead and went home a slightly different way i was just fed up of being blatently followed :grumpy:

as i pulled away positioned to go ahead or right i pulled sharp left and forgot to indicate Opps!!!

They never came after me or pulled me it was just a normal patrol car so am i ok?

Im a bit paranoid now that they have me on film positioned incorrectly in the road turning left without indicating :cry:

Somebody set my mind at rest :?

am i a fugitive on the run or can i stop panicking?

Have any others here felt they been followed by the police just because of their Car?

Huggz
Jodie :)
Be Kind To The Enviroment and Drive a Green Car. Mines Definatly Green So I am Doing My Bit for the Enviroment ;)
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Does your Rocco get unwanted attention from the Police?

Post by wigit »

i've only had positive attention from our local beat officers and the guys who came out when we thought we'd had an attempted break in at home and they came to investigate

amazed the amount of attention they still get after two years

fortunately getting stopped by the window lickers in the supermarket car park has now stopped
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Take it easy, just hope your lottery numbers come up this week.

- You never know what was on their minds eg. A green one had been stolen somewhere nearby, so you were getting checked out for driver description.

- You drive a great car, they can't help admiring it. :D

- You did choose a bright colour! So you couldn't sneek past.

- If it was that bad, surely they would have pulled you over and had a word.

My mate in his Mk2 Scirocco was sat in the Trafford Centre in Manchester having his lunch peacefully when this Police car pulls up sharpish a few cars away and the Poiliceman gets out and bounds over very fast. Turned out he also drove a Mk2 S.. Frightened the life out my mate! His lunch was all over the footwell! :D

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Joloke

Post by Joloke »

Thanks Guyz
Deep down i think im ok just rang my dad and he said they would of pulled me if i was doing anything wrong but i cannot help but panick LOL! :eyepop:

There are times i wish i had a little more stelth car instead of a big mobile Lime :lol:

We did consider Sumatra we even went back to enquire if we could change our mind but the car was then in production :fall:

Everybody looks at it wherever i go but to be honest id miss the colour if i didnt have it :cry:

Whenever i fill up at our local filling station the lady there always smiles when she sees it :)

When it was in having the noise investigated the other week i pulled in driving the courtesy car a Black Polo,she said wheres your"Sunshine" car??

She told us it always cheers them up when it pulls in cuz its such a Happy Colour Awww :clap:
Be Kind To The Enviroment and Drive a Green Car. Mines Definatly Green So I am Doing My Bit for the Enviroment ;)
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Definitely. Not been stopped yet, but they always tend to follow me more than they did previously in my last car and always look over and around the car when near me stopped.
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Post by Kev »

RW1 wrote: If it was that bad, surely they would have pulled you over and had a word.
Agree completely.

If you'd done something they didn't like you would have been pulled straight away. You'll be fine.

I've never had any adverse attention from the rozzers. Just plenty of regular road users craning for a look.
Ibanez33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Mats, Electric folding wing mirrors, parking sensors, Sil protectors, Philips Crystal vision bulbs.

Post by Ibanez33 »

Joloke wrote:
When it was in having the noise investigated the other week i pulled in driving the courtesy car a Black Polo,she said wheres your"Sunshine" car??
Its alright for some!!! I've been given a craptacular bright red fox as a courtesy car, so basic wheels would have been an optional extra, ain't no courtesy in that lol!

To get back on topic..

The colour will draw attention and if you don't look that old they probably will think you've nicked it!! lol
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Kev wrote:I've never had any adverse attention from the rozzers
you need to polish your halo kev, i'm surprised :lol:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Joloke

Post by Joloke »

Ibanez33 wrote:
Joloke wrote:
Its alright for some!!! I've been given a craptacular bright red fox as a courtesy car, so basic wheels would have been an optional extra, ain't no courtesy in that lol!

To get back on topic..

The colour will draw attention and if you don't look that old they probably will think you've nicked it!! lol
They Gave me a Polo GTI
There are some advantages to having an automatic only licence :lol:

It was the salesmans own personal car,was soo manic but im sure there was a hole in the petrol tank :faint:

Soo Thirsty :eyepop:

yeh guess it is the colour dont think i look that young im nearly 39 :cry:

i am ickle though just 5' 4" or thereabouts :p
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Post by Kev »

wigit wrote:
Kev wrote:I've never had any adverse attention from the rozzers
you need to polish your halo kev, i'm surprised :lol:
lol
I'm going too fast for them to see me :p

Not really if any are reading this!
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Was pulled on a sliproad onto the A1 - I was apparently accelerating too fast for an empty sliproad, I got up to 70mph so that I could join the 70mph traffic on the A1 at 70mph. I'm sure the bobby just wanted a look at the car (they were still a rare sight around Newcastle in June 2009).

For whatever reason, teh Bobby decided it was safer to pull me over and have us sitting static at the bottom of a sliproad while he "had a word" than allow me to do 70mph on a sliproad which entered a 70mph road.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

It is not a legal requirement to use indicators.
Grampa
Options: Panoramic Sun Roof, Piano Black interior, black 19" wheels

Post by Grampa »

Once was waiting in a queue in a sandwich shop - Scirocco outside on double yellows, and a couple of PCs in the queue in front of me. One clearly liked his cars, and asked if he could take a look - sat in it and generally admired it and we chatted for a few minutes about it.
The sandwich shop owner makes it quite clear to the Police that they will be banned if they say anything to her customers about parking outside the double yellows!

Only unwanted Police attention I've had was when they sent me a nice photo and a request for £60.
nosreap77
Options: leather, parking sensors. rns510, winter pack, bi xenons, GT Steering wheel badge, aluminum sill covers, Eibachs, k&n air filter

Post by nosreap77 »

i get a lot of police folowing me but ive always put it down to the fact im only 23 so they figure im driving daddys car lol, they have never pulled me yet though! i had a mk4 r32 before this and used to get pulled on a daily basis in that though!
Poohbear
In: Deep Black
Options: Parking sensors
Multifunction wheel
Love my scirocco

Post by Poohbear »

The police follow cars all the time, it's nothing to get worried about. If you've done nothing wrong then there's no problem. To be honest unless threes a serious issue it's normally just words of advice, believe me I know.
char
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by char »

I've almost been pulled over, a few years back driving an old skool Mazda3 2litre sport always with my Xenon lights on :eek: and do the usual right lane brisk approx 75-80ish, slowing down behind people (not raging at all) I keep back and if they pull over accelerate up to the next queue but dont force the issue. There were also the usual other cars behind me also making use of my "snow plough", so the usual stuff ??

Anyway, I then had a car come up behind me and just ignored it to be honest, rather than boot it and out accelerate it :D Turned out to be an unmarked cop car, they pulled down the visor and it had police stop flashing on it...

I was like f*** I'm busted now! :cry: Pulled into the left lane and waited for them to overtake me. Needless to say, a stream of cars then steamed passed us both, fortunately one was a white van and after a tense 30secs they then pulled the white van over :)

So I guess I was pretty lucky, though pulling a van over in the left lane of a dual carriageway therefore blocking it, with just an unmarked car seemed completely stupid, seeing as there are parking laybys every few miles.

I've only got 3 points and they come off in a couple of months. So hopefully wont pick anymore up in the Roc LOL
Chillout
Options: 1.4TSI Stage 1++(~220BHP), sunroof, 18" Interlagos, black interior rooflining, premium leather multifunctional steering wheel, electronic mirrors, tinted rear windows, footwell lighting, fog lights, coming/leaving home, mats, smokers pack, media-connection, cruise control and lots more...

Post by Chillout »

in the Netherlands and Germany, I've been having extra attention from the Police.
At one time, I brought two female friends back to their homes after shopping, and the police stopped me asking if the girls were there on a voluntary base... wtf, like I was some kind of pimp.

They also stopped me on several occasions:
- to ask about the foglights as DRL
- to check my ID
- speeding (auch! that was my own fault)
- check on winter tyres (Germany)
- check on drugs/weapons (Germany)j
- after I called the cops because I saw 2 guys sneaking around the dark area behind my parent's house and I sticked around to keep an eye on them. Turned out they were Police themselves... whoops!
JP87
Options: Bluetooth

Post by JP87 »

Got pulled over the other day. Asked why and the reason was that they wanted to know if it was my car! Obviously I had all relevant paperwork etc but had to endure questions on how old I was, whether this was my parents car, what my job and salary was etc. Sodding patronising to be honest, just because I'm early 20s and have worked my arse off for 10 years to get a good enough job to afford a nice car.

Managed to restrain myself from asking what they earned and drove though!
Strat
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

JP87 wrote:Got pulled over the other day. Asked why and the reason was that they wanted to know if it was my car! Obviously I had all relevant paperwork etc but had to endure questions on how old I was, whether this was my parents car, what my job and salary was etc. Sodding patronising to be honest, just because I'm early 20s and have worked my arse off for 10 years to get a good enough job to afford a nice car.

Managed to restrain myself from asking what they earned and drove though!
are you legally obliged to tell them how much you earn and what your job is? not entirely sure you are...

surely them doing an insurance check and license check is all that's needed. did you ask them why they were asking such obscene questions?

when i bought my Golf GTI i was expecting police 'attention' being 22 at the time, but never had a sniff. be interesting to see what happens with the Roc R in March, especially as it'll look a mean ass mother fucker! haha almost can't wait for them to try to catch me out with them thinking its not mine etc being 24.
Rolling Deep...
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

JP87: In your early 20's and have worked 10 years? Did you used to sweep chimneys in your childhood? :p

But seriously, the police have no right to ask you those kind of questions about work/salary etc if the car hasn't been reported stolen, unless you live in some kind of dictatorship state.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI