RNS510 Updating and Experiences

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
yellowplum
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Re: RNS510 Updating and Experiences

Post by yellowplum »

Is this a colour difference or an upgrade?

http://img809.imageshack.us/f/imag0147s.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
and
http://img811.imageshack.us/f/imag0146c.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

^ I would say its a fault
yellowplum
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Post by yellowplum »

182_blue wrote:^ I would say its a fault
What the colour or the german message? The fault is that they didn't upload the disc when the put the car on the road - it's a courtesy car
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

The colour ?, or does it go normal
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

It's a colour scheme that should never have been used :)

There's three different colour schemes - Highline, Sportsline and Premium. Highline is standard on Golf. Details on them - http://www.my-gti.com/1214/changing-the ... our-scheme" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I changed mine to Premium for the Scirocco as seeing that on our Passat CC is miles ahead in appearance of the other two.
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

b0rk wrote:
yellowplum wrote:if you change the Bluetooth module from the old Rsap one to the one that works with most phones you lose control over the steering wheel functions from the NAV, however this car has the bluetooth enabled with the the Nav system.

So how is this possible?
The bluetooth box and nav unit need to be coded together simply swapping the boxes results in loss of functionality... anyway the RSAP module is now discontinued and replaced by a HFP unit. Assuming the correct version unit and rns fw then with VCDS Telephone – Controller 77 code as 0000422

I did a direct swap, and everything worked incl. the steering wheel control. Without coding. :shrug:
Sootchucker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Question for 182_Blue.

I recently got my V7 map disc (from our mutual friend in Leeds :D ), and yes, the 7 digit postcode entry works now. One quick question though, before with the V6 maps and 5 digit lookup, it would get you to enter the street name, then the option of entering a street number. I've found with the V7 maps and 7 digit entry, you no longer need to enter the street name (as it usually takes you there), but the ability to enter a street number is now ghosted ? Is that the same with yours ?

Cheers

Andrew
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Sootchucker wrote:Question for 182_Blue.

I recently got my V7 map disc (from our mutual friend in Leeds :D ), and yes, the 7 digit postcode entry works now. One quick question though, before with the V6 maps and 5 digit lookup, it would get you to enter the street name, then the option of entering a street number. I've found with the V7 maps and 7 digit entry, you no longer need to enter the street name (as it usually takes you there), but the ability to enter a street number is now ghosted ? Is that the same with yours ?

Cheers

Andrew
Not sure, i will need to go out and try it at some point, have you tried various postcodes ?
yellowplum

Post by yellowplum »

No you can still enter a number
Sootchucker
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

yellowplum wrote:No you can still enter a number
Hmmm, to be fair, I think I only tried one or two postcodes that I knew. I'll give it another go at lunchtime. thanks for the response guys. :yes:
ayeaye

Post by ayeaye »

Wonder if I'm doing something wrong - I've got V7 maps but no 7 digit postcode entry. Firmware on both units is 2720 - the DVD is the one that came with the RNS510 in the CC, and has v7 on the front.
Is there anything I need to set to get 7 digit postcode working?

Cheers
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

When I installed the V7 maps on my Rev B unit recently, I did nothing else except load them on the HDD. The 7 digit lookup worked straight away with no other intervention ?

Also, on the subject of not being able to enter house numbers on 7 digit lookups, I can confirm as you guys said, that it does in fact work. It must have been the 2 trial postcodes I put in, and others I have tried work perfectly.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

ayeaye wrote:Wonder if I'm doing something wrong - I've got V7 maps but no 7 digit postcode entry. Firmware on both units is 2720 - the DVD is the one that came with the RNS510 in the CC, and has v7 on the front.
Is there anything I need to set to get 7 digit postcode working?

Cheers
Is the V7 disc genuine ?
ayeaye

Post by ayeaye »

Well it came with the car from the dealer, so I would hope so :)
Map version is 7333 (off the top of my head, something like that - lots of 3s in it) according to the info on the RNS510.
yellowplum

Post by yellowplum »

This is version 7.1

Continental Automotive GmbH
I IC RD G SW NM DB

Content

Volume: CD_7419
Date: 26.11.2010
db: EU(2009Q4)
Area: West Europe
Supplier: Navteq
Version: 505.20.943.4.84
Customer Version: V7.1
Customer: 1627387139
Customer Info: VW
Features: V10
TPD: 2010087006
SVD: EDB_20101125140258_62
TMC: 20101006
Phoneme: yes
DBAL: V5.18 V6.28 V7.20
ayeaye

Post by ayeaye »

I think it's just V7 (would the DVD info state 7.1 as it only has 7) - are 7 digit postcodes a 7.1 thing only then?

Edit - looking at the date you've posted, as we had the car delivered before 26/11/2010, it seems unlikely it's v7.1 maps.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

ayeaye wrote:Well it came with the car from the dealer, so I would hope so :)
Map version is 7333 (off the top of my head, something like that - lots of 3s in it) according to the info on the RNS510.
Some cars coming through now dont have V7 map installed, in fact ask a dealer if they have it and watch there reaction LOL
essexbloke
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Probably a dumb question but how do you check which version of maps etc are loaded onto the RNS510 ?
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

essexbloke wrote:...how do you check which version of maps etc are loaded onto the RNS510 ?
Push and hold the setup button for like 10-15 sec. (first it shows setup, then it shows some radio AM & FM info, then it shows a full screen of advanced info)

This only works if a bit has been set with VAG-COM, or if the same bit was set by default when the firmware was installed.
Just give it a try, it might just work :vibes:
essexbloke
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Cheers bianco gave it a try got the radio station bit but nothing else. I only got the car end of December and wondering if I should have got V7 as the disc that was loaded was V6 ?