Vat and leasing companies?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
mrsail

Vat and leasing companies?

Post by mrsail »

Hi,

just wondered if anybody knew if the VAT increase will effect personal lease cars? even if the lease company bought the car at 17.5% rate?
ItS a question i didnt ask.... I do expect it to go up but just wanted to check it cant be argued?

cheers
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: Vat and leasing companies?

Post by Shaun »

You will have to pay the extra IMO , I'm not sure how car leasing and buying works but companies don't pay VAT on the purchases they will pay VAT on the selling or the leasing of the car therefore you will pay IMO
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Have a read through this, people had the same question last year when it went up from 15%, in short yes you will have to pay it.

S
quality reflects
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, leather, winter pack. Bluefin.

Post by quality reflects »

I assume they raise a monthly invoice? If so from next month the vat element on the invoice will be 20%.
http://www.qualityreflects.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regular work updates here:
http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww12 ... yReflects/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quality-R ... 4070809482" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Twitter: @qulityreflects
jammyd
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Post by jammyd »

its interesting as if you lease or hire. in short if you hire you are paying a monthly fee. if you lease you are paying towards the cost of the purchase price. you need to check the fine detail. its like a loan really!

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
mrsail

Post by mrsail »

cheers, I did think I would.....

it only works out at less than £10 a month so probably not worth worrying about I suppose in scheme of things.. but good to know!

thanks