electrically adjustable seats

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
GMB
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

electrically adjustable seats

Post by GMB »

I'm will order my scirocco sometime in the next 2 weeks :hyper: but i cant decide if electrically adjustable seats are necessary or not. what do you think? are they worth it?
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: electrically adjustable seats

Post by Shaun »

How many times a week do you adjust your current seat ?
GMB

Post by GMB »

LOL! i didn't think of it this way :) thanks
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

you get more seat adjutability with the electric option, that said if your going to use the rear seat on the drivers side its a pain in the a#rse as takes an age to slide forward and back

not a box i'd tick again
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
the_tyce
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Dynaudio

Post by the_tyce »

I find the standard seats have very poor lumbar support. Wish I'd gone for the posh ones....having tried them in the dealership afterwards, they are much better!
gingerscotsman
With a: Manual box
Options: DVD Satnav, Dynaudio, Telephone Prep, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Electric Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Premium Mats.

Post by gingerscotsman »

I deliberately did not add this to my order because of the length of time it takes for the electric seat to move forward to allow passengers in the back. It takes an age !! If you intend on having rear passengers I would leave well alone.
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

the_tyce wrote:I find the standard seats have very poor lumbar support. Wish I'd gone for the posh ones....having tried them in the dealership afterwards, they are much better!
By standard do You mean the manual adjust seat with the electrically adjusted lumbar support?
(not sure what is standard in UK)