TING TING TING (STOP WITH THE TING TING ALREADY)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
adel218
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

TING TING TING (STOP WITH THE TING TING ALREADY)

Post by adel218 »

Does anyone know how to stop the safety belt warning sound? I know im not the only one here that is annoyed with the sound, and yes I know its nessesary but come one let me wear it at my own leasure.. Is there any on or off switch for it?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: TING TING TING (STOP WITH THE TING TING ALREADY)

Post by RW1 »

No switch.

The only way is to turn it off is in the dash instrument dials and the chime goes as well. So it's ALL the system disabled.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Actus Reus

Post by Actus Reus »

Put the seatbelt 'on' as it were with nobody in the seat, and then sit on the seatbelt. Loads of cabbies do it.
jammyd
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Bluetooth, Cruise Control... and a button in the roof which does not do anything! oh and I have just found I have TPMS which I did not order!

Post by jammyd »

Just wear the seat belt, I notice your not in the UK, but here you have to wear it, its the law!

2011 Rising Blue 170GT TDI DSG (its on my drive!)
2010 Candy White Roc Now Gone :(
2008 Meteor Grey TT TDI
2005 Deep Blue Golf GT TDI
The Cars before do not matter!
Danne
In: Pewter Grey

Post by Danne »

So u can turn off with Vagcom
Thommohawk
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Post by Thommohawk »

Personally I can't understand why you'd want to wear your seatbelt 'at your leisure', it's there for a reason... :shrug:
Current - Audi S5 4.2 Quattro V8 See here...
Now Sold - VW Scirocco 2.0GT TSI, Rising Blue, VW Bodykit, H&R Springs, Panoramic Sunroof, Anthracite 'Vienna' Leather Interior, Scirocco R Pedals See here...

L I V E S T R O N G
adel218

Post by adel218 »

Thommohawk wrote:Personally I can't understand why you'd want to wear your seatbelt 'at your leisure', it's there for a reason... :shrug:
Thanks for the comment guys..

Actus reus: good to know, like the idea where you seat on the belt. :)

Thomohawk: Well, when your going out to watch a movie in a mall or mc donald drive thru or maybe just simply to find parking space, driving slow around the parking space i find it a hassle to wear the belt most of the time.. its my own preference, you dont have to understand it.

Jammyd:Yup, Im in malaysia but i've stayed in UK a while back, here its the law too. In fact I believe it applies to most of the countries around the world. I do take safety seriously and wear them not because I have to but the option to swith off the sound or maybe if it would trigger on a higher speed instead when hitting at lower speed would be nice.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Can't u just get a the buckle/bit that clips in on eBay or scrap yard and use that to Cheat the system I'm thinking uve got the belt on.

You can then leave it in there all the time and not worry about wearing a seat belt at all!

But obviously don't blame me if u have an accident when u forgot to put it on cos it never beeped at you, cos u disabled so I can look cool driving round your maccy ds with the music on and arms out da window.

Innit.
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

Chungster wrote:But obviously don't blame me if u have an accident when u forgot to put it on cos it never beeped at you, cos u disabled so I can look cool driving round your maccy ds with the music on and arms out da window.

Innit.
:clap:
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
bianco
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

As we say about bikers without helmet: Apparently not much worth protecting there... :shrug:
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

I'm a biker and i have to say i think it's mad the people who ride in jeans / t shirt / no gloves no helment no protection basically!

one knock and you're on the floor and u best pray u survive!! Stupid but hey ho it's each person's choice isn't it.
Jane
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Gone forever.... :-((

Audi TTS... Making me :-)) again

Post by Jane »

Chungster wrote:I'm a biker and i have to say i think it's mad the people who ride in jeans / t shirt / no gloves no helment no protection basically!

one knock and you're on the floor and u best pray u survive!! Stupid but hey ho it's each person's choice isn't it.
It's never wise to ride without protection :lol: but as you say it's each persons choice.
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

Jane wrote: It's never wise to ride without protection :lol: but as you say it's each persons choice.
so what's your preference then....with or without protection??? :lol:
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

lol. Get a room.
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

Chungster wrote:But obviously don't blame me if u have an accident when u forgot to put it on cos it never beeped at you, cos u disabled so I can look cool driving round your maccy ds with the music on and arms out da window.

Innit.
haha.

I never understand the reasoning behind people wanting to turn off the chime. It makes no sense to me, to putting on the seat belt just comes naturally - perhaps that means Im not "kool"?
Now a Proud Owner!
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

Exactly. I know it's allowed in some countries, but I absolutely hate it when I see someone driving and not wearing a seat belt.
Last edited by Chungster on Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tifa

Post by Tifa »

just mix some drum&bass to the ting ting thing....sorted...
Chillout
In: Viper Green
Options: 1.4TSI Stage 1++(~220BHP), sunroof, 18" Interlagos, black interior rooflining, premium leather multifunctional steering wheel, electronic mirrors, tinted rear windows, footwell lighting, fog lights, coming/leaving home, mats, smokers pack, media-connection, cruise control and lots more...

Post by Chillout »

Ah... so now I know why these guys @ MacD turn their music up loud...
skyblues11
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

just ignore it. it will go away after a few minutes. I have been wearing a thick jacket lately and it makes belting up very uneasy. in short, slow trips like traffic jams and late at night , i just don't bother.

just treat it like a woman's nagging/ moaning. ignore it long enough and it will just blend into the background.