VW breakdown cover supplied with new cars?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
mikealpha60
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

VW breakdown cover supplied with new cars?

Post by mikealpha60 »

My RAC subscription has just come through for renewal.

On previous VW's I got free 12months break down (VW Assistance). Is this still the case as I've not heard anything from my dealer. Be good if it is still avaialble because it would save me £60+ ?
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: VW breakdown cover supplied with new cars?

Post by Shaun »

Im not sure i am understanding you ?, do you have the car yet ?, with new VW cars you get 1 years free breakdown cover, also if you buy second hand from VW Approved they top up your cover to give you a year free too , or give you a full year if it has run out
mikealpha60
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184

Post by mikealpha60 »

yep, i've already got the car. By the sounds of it I do get this break down cover then. Just need to ring them up i guess to see if i get a plastic card with their phone number on.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

try looking on the back of the VW tax disk holder on the windscreen, the number is on there in mine iirc

S
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

mikealpha60 wrote:yep, i've already got the car. By the sounds of it I do get this break down cover then. Just need to ring them up i guess to see if i get a plastic card with their phone number on.
they dont seem to issue cards these days !?, your reg number is on record with them, just ring up and they come out :yes:
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

yup also got told last time the silver/grey plastic card wiv your reg number is no longer issued. cost cutting measure probably.
mordred1973
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

So when the 12 months comes to an end, VW assistance charges £109 per year to continue the cover (interestingly some £30 more than Seat charge for their 3rd year since Seat provide 2 years with the car unlike VW)

Is it worth it? I see in my TESCO clubcard vouchers I can get RAC recovery from them so will check out their price. What have others done when their original VW assistance expired?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Carried on with my RAC as normal (It was already in place). I just treated VW Assistance as a luxury to use in preference for the new car. Never got used. Neither did the RAC get called out who have been fine the last 30 years when called upon to help.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Buying a two year renewal is cheaper than paying the annual price.