waiting on new roc.... want to buy SATnav+bluetooth?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
mrsail

waiting on new roc.... want to buy SATnav+bluetooth?

Post by mrsail »

Hi all..

I finally ordered a scriocco!... been waiting on order for ages, but delivery is going to be early 2011...

Its a pretty standard GT model as on a personal lease helped through work
But does anybody know if i was to buy and fit a vw satnav unit (VW RNS510 C MFD3) would i have problems with lease company?... ill probably change it back at end and get money back then if ok...

Is it easy to fit, Im pretty technical minded... but if any body knows anyone who can fit it for a cost in London area I would be interested...

also is there any way of getting phone bluetooth working through the unit or is this something that needed to be fitted beforehand?

thanks for any help!
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: waiting on new roc.... want to buy SATnav+bluetooth?

Post by Shaun »

The RNS510 is very easy to fit, took me less than 10 minutes with programming, the lease company wont know as long as you return it to stock, bluetooth is a little harder but nothing to bad, the only issue is do you have VCDS ? (used to be called Vag com) as you will need to program the car
mrsail

Re: waiting on new roc.... want to buy SATnav+bluetooth?

Post by mrsail »

hi that sounds good!... i was a bit worried it was to hard to install...

I havent got VCDS.... is that something I need for just bluetooth or do i need it to install the satnav also?

thanks