Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Jim Mitch
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, dynaudio soundpack, DAB

Re: Another... Who is sill waiting? roll call

Post by Jim Mitch »

Still no delivery date confirmed (last estimate was 31 December (ordered in May)). At least I now have a courtesy hire car until delivery.
LadyRocR
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, Panoramic Roof, 19" alloys

It is at the dealers at last!

Post by LadyRocR »

arrived this pm! Not seen it yet as I finished work too late and won't see it tomorrow either as I have a late night! Will call Thursday and take a few pics :-) Can't promise the quality mind you!

I have just sorted the 7day free cover from VW insurance while they do the cherished transfer and get a tax disc :-) So I think I am excited and happy again. This is an incredible rollercoaster! All for a car LOL

LadyRocR
x
peebee
In: Deep Black
Options: 19" Alloys, Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Leather, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control

Post by peebee »

Good Luck LadyRocR, hope all goes smooth for you now it's so close :clap:
LadyRocR

Post by LadyRocR »

She is here!!! i can't post any pics so trix - to save you the effort
:worthless:

maybe someone can tell me what to do!

My biggest surprise was the R stitched onto the leather headrests as i thought that the leather option was no different. loved the look, loved the dash and the subtle touches! i was impressed with the engine sound! :eyepop: i didn't drive it as i will wait until it is really mine!

just waiting for the tax disc to come which maybe this week! so far so good :)

ladyrocr
x
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

you need to host the picture on a site like photobucket.

then use the image link and copy it on here using the IMG function (its available in the full editor screen when u do a reply) so it goes something like [img*]image link url here[/img*] in your post. pic will automatically load up when u hit submit. (ignore the *'s in the img bits as im just trying to demo the img function!! )
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Have a look at the tutorial :

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=9&t=4058" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the working example by using quote button to see how its done.

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... hilit=+img" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
essexbloke
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Just called dealer build put back to wk49 from 45, apparently VW bosses have apologised to all the dealers for their crap service ! Also build allocation is being revised each week so who knows what is happening as mine may come forward but wont know till the Monday of each week.
Strat
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

Got a call from my dealer to say that my order has been accepted by VW (nice of them isn't it), and they are awaiting a build week, should be confirmed in a couple of weeks...

We shall see what happens.
Rolling Deep...
peebee
Options: 19" Alloys, Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Leather, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control

Post by peebee »

Picked up my ex-demo R on Thursday last week after a 200mile drive to the VW dealership.
Needless to say the 200miles back home was way more enjoyable, even though it took twice as long due to traffic!
What everyone says is true, the Roc R is amazing and well worth the wait (and the money!).
Should be swapping my Bluetooth box tomorrow for the new version that works with the iPhone, then it's happy days:)

Will post some pics when we get a decent day of weather (probably next July!),

Peebee
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Congrats dude another RB R on the roads. Good choice :D
peebee

Post by peebee »

Sorry Chungster, I forgot to mention this one is Deep Black Pearl :nod:
wavodavo
Options: Dynoaudio
19" wheels
Black Leather

Post by wavodavo »

Mine is now comfirmed BW 48 but may still change. Oh and if anyone is looking for goodwill, VW only offer £250.
LadyRocR

I'm no longer waiting!

Post by LadyRocR »

:bounce:

12months and 12 days since I signed the order, I picked up the car last night! and OMG! I can finally say that I understand when others have said how different it is to the GT. The noise is incredible and the power of the engine is awesome. We have a Touareg V10 and that roars when you accelerate and the R is the same! I am grinning from ear to ear and it WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!! :wow:

Sadly, it has rained and the car is no longer showroom clean so I will be washing it tomorrow. Still not got round to putting any photos up sorry! Not had the time

For all you waiting ...... chin up! It is worth it!

LadyRocR
x
Graham486
Options: 19 inch wheels

Post by Graham486 »

I ordered my R in Aug and have an unconfirmed build week 3 2011. Black with 19s. Still too long to wait. Who knows when I will get it. Maybe worth waiting till March for the new reg. :cry:
peters
Options: leather, parking sensors, sat nav, folding mirrors.

Re: I'm no longer waiting!

Post by peters »

LadyRocR wrote::bounce:

12months and 12 days since I signed the order, I picked up the car last night! and OMG! I can finally say that I understand when others have said how different it is to the GT. The noise is incredible and the power of the engine is awesome. We have a Touareg V10 and that roars when you accelerate and the R is the same! I am grinning from ear to ear and it WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!! :wow:

Sadly, it has rained and the car is no longer showroom clean so I will be washing it tomorrow. Still not got round to putting any photos up sorry! Not had the time

For all you waiting ...... chin up! It is worth it!

LadyRocR
x

Very pleased for you LadyRocR. I got mine two weeks ago. Our cars came from the same dealership but I'm not from the area as my car was ordered from their fleet division.

I'm loving the R, it's exceeded my expectations all round, the only thing I wished I'd chosen was the dynaudio, as the basic speakers are a bit naff for me. The car does feel special and in a way I'm pleased it's taken so long to arrive as you just don't see any others on the road. For the price, the car get's a lot of admiring glances and people really shift out of the way on the motorway, compared to the Passat hire car I have been driving for the last three months, it seems to have real presence. I don't know how you're finding traction with the roads being greasy at this time of year, but it's not difficult to get it to wheelspin (even in third) momentarily if you accelerate hard. The noise is great and my other half wants me to swap her Merc for the Scirocco and she's not even into cars. Must find time to post some pictures. For everyone waiting, hang in there, the wait really is worth it.
LadyRocR

Re: I'm no longer waiting!

Post by LadyRocR »

peters wrote:
Very pleased for you LadyRocR. I got mine two weeks ago. Our cars came from the same dealership but I'm not from the area as my car was ordered from their fleet division.

I'm loving the R, it's exceeded my expectations all round, the only thing I wished I'd chosen was the dynaudio, as the basic speakers are a bit naff for me. The car does feel special and in a way I'm pleased it's taken so long to arrive as you just don't see any others on the road. For the price, the car get's a lot of admiring glances and people really shift out of the way on the motorway, compared to the Passat hire car I have been driving for the last three months, it seems to have real presence. I don't know how you're finding traction with the roads being greasy at this time of year, but it's not difficult to get it to wheelspin (even in third) momentarily if you accelerate hard. The noise is great and my other half wants me to swap her Merc for the Scirocco and she's not even into cars. Must find time to post some pictures. For everyone waiting, hang in there, the wait really is worth it.
Hi Peters

Did you have a Scirrocco before you got this one? The traction thing is something you get used to. I moved from a GTi to a GT scirrocco and would wheelspin ALL the time on acceleration. I learned how to drive it! I am sure that I will have to get used to this one as well as it is much more powerful!

And i am sooooo glad that you aren't near me :clap: So we won't be bumping into each other on the roads so much. Am actually looking forward to driving to work on the busy M6 southbound tomorrow to count how many looks I get!

LadyRocr
x
essexbloke
Options: Folding mirrors, Satnav, dynaudio, leather interior

Post by essexbloke »

Dealer just called confirmed build week 49 with delivery just before or straight after Christmas :clap: Originally ordered 8th may.
Vibester
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Post by Vibester »

VW need to sort their order system out.

While I am happy that people are getting their cars, there is obviously no regard for when cars are ordered and when they are built. For example, I have exact spec of Essex bloke but he ordered two months after me... how does that work?

Sorry to single you out as an example!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

dealer allocation.
its the same situation for non R's so have a search & plenty has been said about it before which should explain it.
robrain
Options: DVD/Dynaudio, Park sensors, Cruise, Electric mirrors, Bluetooth (handsfree)

Post by robrain »

Also vibester, you specced 19s & parking sensors, essexbloke didn't. Stranger things have been blamed for delays in the past.
Ordered 14/8/2010. Scheduled BW4 2011. In dealer Feb 4th 2011. Driving Feb 11th 2011