What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
alaska1977
With a: Manual box

Re: What's your Build Date? (Estimated or Confirmed)

Post by alaska1977 »

Ordered 19th august, told to expect delivery by end nov then told end dec. We did hassle the dealer a lot saying that had we known it would have been longer than November we would have invested in an interim car back when we ordered and with rolling delay this is becoming an inconvenience. Our order was for business lease direct with vw
fondant
In: Deep Black

Post by fondant »

alaska1977 wrote:Courtesy car arrived today. Vw passat six weeks before vw contractually required to provide one. More than happy with this particularly as it's costing me nothing. It should also give them an incentive to get the scirocco if they are paying for this hire car.
Interesting, I've been promised a courtesy car at 16 weeks (via enterprise, I assume VW have an arrangement with them), I requested one for 10 week deadline which is up on the 22nd Nov but request has been declined, do you know if your courtesy vehicle is being supplied by your dealer or VW direct via Enterprise. I would think if they do it for one person surely they should do it for others in the same situation?
alaska1977

Post by alaska1977 »

Ours is provided by europcar
JG400
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
Options: Bluetooth, Mats, Digital Radio

Post by JG400 »

I have to say the guys at the VW helpdesk seem pretty ill informed or lame , I worked out that I had been given a commision number (don't think they meant too but it was in an email) and contacted the help desk, they informed me the vehicle is pending a build date and mainly blamed the dealer for the delay , I asked about delays at the VW end and he said the only delay was a fire at a factory that has caused problems and there should be no reason why I shouldn't get the car within 16 weeks of the order date on the system (which is 1 month after I ordered it) , I pointed out that this would mean it had to be built in the next week or so (based on my revised order date :( ) and he was a bit stumped then and suggested I asked the dealer to see if they had any more information or could push for a build slot to be allocated !
SimplyGed
Options: Folding mirrors, RNS510 DVD Sat Nav, Telephone prep, Rear parking sensors

Post by SimplyGed »

My dealer has just rang to me to say my car will be built in the last week of this year! :)
He said to expect delivery approx. 3-4 weeks after that, which means I should get my car in Jan. This equates to 17-18 weeks from order (23rd Sept) to delivery. Don't know if I'll get any sleep between now and then :D

He did say he will call me again on the 14th November when VW update the system - whatever that means? - to confirm the build date. He said they update it every 2 weeks. Now, I don't know if this is just for Rocs, or for all their cars and factories, or just for UK orders. Does anyone else?

Anyway, I hope that information helps anyone else who is waiting for details of their build to get better info from their dealer/lease co.
This is not an automated signature. I have to type it in manually every time
Jim Mitch
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, dynaudio soundpack, DAB

Post by Jim Mitch »

alaska1977 wrote:Ours is provided by europcar
Ditto. I also had to bug the dealer and the lease company a lot to get one. Dont think they will make an effort to get you a courtesy car if you dont make a nuisance of yourself. I have a Mondeo but at least it's better than having no car at all.
Caput Mortuum
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: 18" Interlagos alloys, Dynaudio Excite, Media-In, Climatronic, Cruise Control, Winter pack, Defa engine & interior heater.

Post by Caput Mortuum »

Hi all,

I ordered two weeks ago and was now informed that my build week is week 2. Can't wait!

Best regards from Finland,
caput
andstock15

Post by andstock15 »

I ordered mine in 1st week of August and am still waiting for a date.

It's like an endless cycle as keep being told to call back next week.

Have had a letter offering to free VAT which is good but want my car now, gutted at the idea it will arrive just as the snow does....

Does anyone know if VW can keep the current finance deal of 7.9APR going into next year when a car is so delayed?

I feel like a 12 year old waiting for Chrismas for his new BMX and someone keeps blinking well moving Christmas back!!!!
sparrowlegs
In: Night Blue
Options: 19" SILVER LUGANO'S
CARPET MATS FRONT & REAR

Post by sparrowlegs »

I feel your pain andstock15,

Ordered mine on 29th October and told not to even expect a build date until Christmas. Think its gonna be a long wait.
scirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

Ordered my second 2.0L TSI last night will confirm my build week as soon as I know more. Dealer is expecting Jan delivery...
fondant

Post by fondant »

Jim Mitch wrote:
alaska1977 wrote:Ours is provided by europcar
Ditto. I also had to bug the dealer and the lease company a lot to get one. Dont think they will make an effort to get you a courtesy car if you dont make a nuisance of yourself. I have a Mondeo but at least it's better than having no car at all.
Jim Mitch, at what stage did they give you a courtesy car, 10 or 16 weeks ?
Jim Mitch
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Leather, 19" wheels, dynaudio soundpack, DAB

Post by Jim Mitch »

About 21 weeks actually. Like I said, it took a bit of effort. The dealer initially told the lease company that it was only available to "private" customers. They didnt seem too inclined to push on my behalf so I took the order details from them and followed up myself. From first request to courtesy car delivery took about 5 weeks. I feel it should not have been my responsibility, but I have the courtesy car now...
HUMANOID
In: Salsa Red
Options: Adaptive Chassis Control, Panoramic sunroof, Carpet mats- front and rear, Drivers Seat with electric 12-way adjustment, Leather Anthracite 'Vienna', Cruise control, Parking sensors- rear, Gas discharge (Bi-Xenon) dipped and main beam headlights, Electrically foldable door mirrors

Post by HUMANOID »

I must say that I'm very happy with the service from VW South Africa and their dealers thus far.

Before placing my order I phoned a few VW dealers and one of them was kind enough to provide me with a list of dealers with "open orders". I contacted these dealers and then placed my order with the dealer that gave me the largest discount. The dealer then amended the order on the VW system to my specifications and provided a com number immediately.

Order placed: 28 September 2010
Estimated build week: 38 (20 September 2010)
Confirmed build week: 44 (01 November 2010)

VW SA expects the car to be in SA on 05 December 2010 (my fingers are crossed). It will take two weeks to go through customs and then be delivered to the dealer.
harveyhanson
Options: Electronic Folding Door Mirrors

Post by harveyhanson »

I'm sure I'm gonna get hung for this one, but does anyone know the wait time on a Passat CC, I loved both (Passat CC and Scirocco) but seriously losing patience with the queue, so hoping someone could clear up if it would be quicker just to order the CC?

Thanks
Harv
Douchebag
Options: None, because I'm a tight bugger.

Post by Douchebag »

Same story I believe, or so my lease company told me. I was also thinking about making that change
Gronk
Options: Bluetooth, cruise, metallic

Post by Gronk »

harveyhanson wrote:I'm sure I'm gonna get hung for this one, but does anyone know the wait time on a Passat CC, I loved both (Passat CC and Scirocco) but seriously losing patience with the queue, so hoping someone could clear up if it would be quicker just to order the CC?

Thanks
i have a scirocco on order and in the middle of the 'wait for build week 45' fiasco. Was talking to my lease company last week and they said they have 200 cars on back order....65% were CC's so doesn't look like that will be a way out.
harveyhanson
Options: Electronic Folding Door Mirrors

Post by harveyhanson »

Gronk wrote:
harveyhanson wrote:I'm sure I'm gonna get hung for this one, but does anyone know the wait time on a Passat CC, I loved both (Passat CC and Scirocco) but seriously losing patience with the queue, so hoping someone could clear up if it would be quicker just to order the CC?

Thanks
i have a scirocco on order and in the middle of the 'wait for build week 45' fiasco. Was talking to my lease company last week and they said they have 200 cars on back order....65% were CC's so doesn't look like that will be a way out.
Thanks for the reply, thought that might be the case, I preferred the Scirocco anyways (although the Passat CC has a lot better spec for the cost, but that's another issue, at least I will get a 2011 spec - defo built after week 45)).
I am gonna have to wait, come on Santa, bring me my xmas present, I don't like walking in the wind and rain!!
Harv
Scooby-Doo

Post by Scooby-Doo »

but does anyone know the wait time on a Passat CC
Ordered mine on 10th July,build week was 44 then 45 then 49,delivery expected early January 2011. 6 month wait.
suli_din
Options: Electric mirrors 19" Lugano wheels

Post by suli_din »

VW ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES!!

I'm cancelling my order and getting another car on contract hire in stock.

Will never get a VW in my life due to problems I've had.

Placed order in September now they're telling me March April. It is a nice car, but not worth waiting that long for.

For as long as I live, will be telling everyone about VW's poor manufacturing and customer service.
Rocco-liam
Options: Black 19" laguno Pack, (full body kit) vw side sills, vw front spolier, vw rear bumper
Confirmed week 2 build
Car is at the dealership waiting for me, pick up 3rd march :)

Post by Rocco-liam »

suli_din wrote:VW ABSOLUTE SHAMBLES!!

I'm cancelling my order and getting another car on contract hire in stock.

Will never get a VW in my life due to problems I've had.

Placed order in September now they're telling me March April. It is a nice car, but not worth waiting that long for.

For as long as I live, will be telling everyone about VW's poor manufacturing and customer service.
Your not the only one that has been waiting since September. Some people have been waiting even longer. So stop winging