Voice Control limited to phone

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
peebee
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: 19" Alloys, Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Leather, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control

Voice Control limited to phone

Post by peebee »

Hi All,

My Roc R came with factory fitted bluetooth (5N0035730C), but as it doesn't work with the iPhone I have recently followed Mr Simmo's post and swapped the box for the new bluetooth module (7P6035730C).
Trouble is that the voice commands now seem to be limited to phone only, and I can't use it to control the RNS510 NAV, Radio, Media etc. This worked fine with the factory fitted bluetooth before the swap.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Peebee
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Re: Voice Control limited to phone

Post by bianco »

Just guessing here...
The phone expects to use the star button on the steeringwheel - maybe it monopolizes it, and You need to push the star on the RNS to activate voice input. :?
peebee
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: 19" Alloys, Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Leather, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control

Re: Voice Control limited to phone

Post by peebee »

Thanks Bianco, you were right!
If I use the voice control button on the Nav unit it works fine for all the other functions, button on the wheel seems to be phone only.

:clap: