1.4 tsi 160 missfire

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
davo160
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: 18"'s , Dual climate, Parking sensors RCD510, Lux pack, Winter Pack, Fiscon pro bluetooth.

Re: 1.4 tsi 160 missfire

Post by davo160 »

Is this the first time with a missfire or has it been in with this before ? how many miles on the car ?
I
daz3031
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18s, front fogs, multifunction steering wheel, cruise control.

Re: 1.4 tsi 160 missfire

Post by daz3031 »

people_trees wrote:
daz3031 wrote:Finally got my car back after 2 and a half weeks...... Drives fine now although I have lost confidence in the car somewhat.
Have just started to have the same problem.
This will be the 3rd time my car is back at VW Chiswick in the 11 month life of my car.
They tell me it will be £10/day to insure me on their 'courtesy' car! :? :? :?

I've already paid out twice for one and really don't want to do it again
the last 2 visits were due to the windows spontaneously opening, I lost a bag containing a £340 camera then, and an old ipod that I kept in the armrest - so feel that my losses are enough already.
I too have lost faith in this car and the impenetrable customer service wall. :shake:

I dread the day that this faulty car is out of waranty and the next issue arises.
anyone legally minded and know what to do?
An update on mine - It has now been in the garage for a fourth time for the misfire. Was in for 4 days this time although apparently there is a technical bulletin out describing the fault and the solution is a software update. They had to get a CD sent out with the update and upload it to my car but it's still not right. It still misfires intermittently when cold but no where near as bad as it was before the new head gasket. I am fed up taking it back to the garage though, has been in for a total of 4 weeks since July. My new Octavia VRS gets built week 46 so roll on collection in January :-) Hopefully the Scirocco won't get any worse again then it will be entirely their problem :lol:

I'm not really too sure if you can do much legally regarding rejecting etc. I have certainly never had to pay for a courtesy car though!

Cheers

Darren