Rear View Camera

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: Rear View Camera

Post by Shaun »

mantzas wrote:No! Not at all. You should start from the mud guards to the middle.
OK, do they pop of or slide out ?
mantzas
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: RNS 510 sat nav, rear view camera, parking sensors, media-in

Post by mantzas »

At the pics stevep uploaded at page 5 you can see the clips. They can be seen in the second photo at the tailights place. The same clips are above the mud covers. Just pull the bumper and they will pop out.
Dimitris
Shaun
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

mantzas wrote:At the pics stevep uploaded at page 5 you can see the clips. They can be seen in the second photo at the tailights place. The same clips are above the mud covers. Just pull the bumper and they will pop out.
Thanks, i know i sound anal but i like to be prepared :yes: , oh and where did you route the cable from the outside to inside the car ?, is there a hole near by ?
mantzas

Post by mantzas »

Well I routed the cables through this:Image

Which is located at the two corners of the chasis. Image

These are the best pics i could find. None of these is a scirocco (obviously) nor they are the same car. But I think you can get the point.
Dimitris
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Finally got around to completing an install today, here's some pic's

I think colour coding the camera cap was a good idea.

All fitted along with a new RNS-510 and the latest VW bluetooth kit for Neil at Morego in Brackley in his new Rocco R :)

Will be completing another kit on Sunday, but think I have it cracked now, a full plug and play kit all made with original parts.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Nice one Steve, is the bumper removal easy ?, and where is the cable routed from outside to in ?, PS do you still have my kit ?, i do still want this doing :-)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Oh and how much is the Bluetooth ?
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

This was your kit :lol:

The cable is routed along the bumper and up into the boot area with the cabling for the number plate lights. The gromit is big enough for all the cables and brings them out in the right area to run along the drivers side trim.

PM me about the bluetooth as the new kit is will be very much to your liking :)
mantzas

Post by mantzas »

SteveP wrote:This was your kit :lol:

The cable is routed along the bumper and up into the boot area with the cabling for the number plate lights. The gromit is big enough for all the cables and brings them out in the right area to run along the drivers side trim.

PM me about the bluetooth as the new kit is will be very much to your liking :)
 The cabling for the number plate lights is on the right corner of the chasis?
Dimitris
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

Yes. as you look at the back of the car the cable runs along the bumper and then up into the car through a gromit on the right.
mantzas

Post by mantzas »

So isn't it an option for a Lhd car? I don' think cables are long enough.
Dimitris
SteveP

Post by SteveP »

You can still run the cables up this side of the car even if' it's a LHD so it should make no difference.
yellowplum
In: Deep Black
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Post by yellowplum »

Can this be done without replacing the bumper on the car? The reason being is that when I was at VW the other day making sure that the replacement parts for my car where ordered two bumpers came up on the screen. One with a reversing camera slot and one without.

I should have picked the one with and had them fit it at the repairers I am sure of that now, but does it make any difference other than the hole?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

all Steve & the guys have been doing is cutting their own camera hole plum, no replacing of bumpers.

S
Candy Monster
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

yellowplum wrote:Can this be done without replacing the bumper on the car? The reason being is that when I was at VW the other day making sure that the replacement parts for my car where ordered two bumpers came up on the screen. One with a reversing camera slot and one without.

I should have picked the one with and had them fit it at the repairers I am sure of that now, but does it make any difference other than the hole?

all the bumpers have a box stamped on the top of the number plate recess (inside) where the hole for the camera is to be cut (same with the parking sensor positions). I imagine the only difference is one bumper has the hole cut at the factory.
DAR

Post by DAR »

Candy Monster wrote:
yellowplum wrote:Can this be done without replacing the bumper on the car? The reason being is that when I was at VW the other day making sure that the replacement parts for my car where ordered two bumpers came up on the screen. One with a reversing camera slot and one without.

all the bumpers have a box stamped on the top of the number plate recess (inside) where the hole for the camera is to be cut (same with the parking sensor positions). I imagine the only difference is one bumper has the hole cut at the factory.
Wrong.

Mine didn't, it has a nice square hole in now though.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

pics ^^^^
mantzas

Post by mantzas »

DAR wrote:
Candy Monster wrote:

Wrong.

Mine didn't, it has a nice square hole in now though.
Neither did mine. Maybe the latest models did that camera was an option.
Dimitris
DAR

Post by DAR »

Mine is a March 10 model.
yellowplum
In: Deep Black
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Post by yellowplum »

As I say I noted that you had to purchase either the bumper with or without the camera option.