Quick Bluefin / technical question...

Everything about the R for potential owners.
stevai
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19's
No other extras... I can do hill starts, fold my mirrors, reverse park and find my way to places all by myself :)

Re: Quick Bluefin / technical question...

Post by stevai »

The garage did over 100miles in my Golf once. I went ape shit and got £50 in M&S Vouchers and the fuel back.[/quote]

Cheers mate. ON that basis I think I will give them a call. I know they had to take it on a few runs to try and sort the problem but I think 100 miles is a bit excessive! No doubt some junior technician took his bird to chester n back to show off in the R !
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

Err yes that is taking the piss to say the least.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

if you know anyone with vagcom (who knows what they are doing other than turning on alarm beeps) you should do some logs

be careful on removing the engine cover if you are going to take a look at the fuel pump as its quite easy to break the clips, alos given the intake and filter are mounted through it, feedback is is comes off easier with some gentle warmth from the engine
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

You don't need to lift the engine cover initially, Just see if the dip stick is fully home in it's holder. If its popped, then do the checks and adjustments to the fuel pipe. It's not to do with fuel starvation due to the pipe twist. It's about the engine sump gas pressures.

Andy's spark plugs point is equally valid.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!