For Those 1.4 Owners With Misfire/Engine Problems

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
lancs_lad
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

For Those 1.4 Owners With Misfire/Engine Problems

Post by lancs_lad »

Having read the threads about the engine problems some are having and having a 1.4 myself I would like if anyone is able to establish which builds are affected by the problem? My own car was a 2010 week 5 build and from what I've read so far is going to be borderline for those affected.

I'm sure there are other owners who would appreciate the info so if those affected so far are able to post the information I for one would appreciate it :)
david25
In: Pewter Grey
Options: It' actually a Gold in Steel Grey!

Re: For Those 1.4 Owners With Misfire/Engine Problems

Post by david25 »

I don't think there is any definitive answer, the best info is from RW1 on page 2 here http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=6087" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You've got a 2010 car, so you should have the new coil packs, but as you can see there are other problems!

I think the best advice is to request a an ECU software update at the next service, as some of potential mis-fires dont trigger any warning lights.
Last edited by david25 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Lancs lad don't worry unduely, if anything seems not quite right then take the car in and get it looked over but these problems should not worry you. they aren't going to strike down each and every 1.4. as David says there is no definitive answer of what build weeks etc are affected.

mine was prime for the faulty coil packs, now being aware i've checked and it hasn't got them and it seems fine otherwise so I will continue to enjoy the car and deal with any issues if and when they arise.

most important of all is enjoy the car!!
do not fret over problems that you don't have, the problems that have been mentioned are in very very few of the engines that have been sold.

S
lancs_lad
In: Salsa Red
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by lancs_lad »

trix wrote:Lancs lad don't worry unduely, if anything seems not quite right then take the car in and get it looked over but these problems should not worry you. they aren't going to strike down each and every 1.4. as David says there is no definitive answer of what build weeks etc are affected.

mine was prime for the faulty coil packs, now being aware i've checked and it hasn't got them and it seems fine otherwise so I will continue to enjoy the car and deal with any issues if and when they arise.

most important of all is enjoy the car!!
do not fret over problems that you don't have, the problems that have been mentioned are in very very few of the engines that have been sold.

S
I realise these problems are probably few and far between and that really highlights the issues from belonging to these forums at times as you get to know a lot of the issues that occur with the car :D I am enjoying my car but it is always nice to know that your own car is not one of a batch that is likely to be affected by issues or alternatively if the issue does rear it's ugly head you can at least appear to be well informed when presenting the car to the dealer for rectification :)
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

lancs_lad wrote:I realise these problems are probably few and far between and that really highlights the issues from belonging to these forums at times as you get to know a lot of the issues that occur with the car :D I am enjoying my car but it is always nice to know that your own car is not one of a batch that is likely to be affected by issues or alternatively if the issue does rear it's ugly head you can at least appear to be well informed when presenting the car to the dealer for rectification :)
exactly the same stance i'm coming from, however I also don't want people worrying unduely and running to their dealer for a software upgrade or more when they don't require it and would happily last till their next service :)

S