Can I install GPS onto RNS510?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
roccott600
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: folding mirrors

Can I install GPS onto RNS510?

Post by roccott600 »

I have a 59 gt tdi rocco with the standard rns510 unit installed. What would I have to do to put GPS onto it? surely its just software and to plug in the aerial.
Any info would be appretiated
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Can I install GPS onto RNS510?

Post by trix »

do you not mean that you have the RCD510 & want to install gps? I thought the RNS510 had GPS anyway seeing as it has satnav & the question asked everytime someone retrofits an rns510 is where do I locate the gps aerial?

S
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: Can I install GPS onto RNS510?

Post by Shaun »

As above, your post is confusing as you say you have an RNS510 which should have GPS already if it was fitted from new or fitted correctly as an aftermarket item, if you mean rcd510 then no you can't add gps or maps etc, you nee to buy a new unit