Stitching coming undone!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
ReubenGT
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather, DVD SatNav with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Floor Mats

PLUS

Fiscon Bluetooth & Racingline Short Shift Kit

Stitching coming undone!

Post by ReubenGT »

hey all, thought I had posted this last night but clearly my iPhone's not working properly.

I have just noticed that where my shoulder rests against the back of the drivers seat the stitching is starting to come undone!

Has anyone else noticed this or something similar? It feels pretty shoddy really, I'm gentle with the seats and have only had the car 4 months!

Hope it hasn't happened to anyone else.

Cheers

Reuben
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Re: Stitching coming undone!

Post by Nobby »

Seats look OK for the moment

I have noticed that my drivers side seat belt is starting to fray slightly after only 9,000 KM !!!

Also, a piece of trim broke off the passenger seat rail when I slid it forwards to let someone into the back seat !

And the center armrest mechanism has broken !!! it won't go any lower than the first height :grumpy:

Getting the last 2 fixed under guarantee but the build quality still doesn't seem as solid as the VW reputation implies :shrug:

I'm not heavy handed either :shrug:
ReubenGT
Options: Truffle Leather, DVD SatNav with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Floor Mats

PLUS

Post by ReubenGT »

That's not good! Not a nice list you have there! Will show it to VW over the weekend I hope, will let you know what they say...
JakeH
I drive a: Scirocco R

Post by JakeH »

ReubenGT wrote:hey all, thought I had posted this last night but clearly my iPhone's not working properly.

I have just noticed that where my shoulder rests against the back of the drivers seat the stitching is starting to come undone!

Has anyone else noticed this or something similar? It feels pretty shoddy really, I'm gentle with the seats and have only had the car 4 months!

Hope it hasn't happened to anyone else.

Cheers

Reuben
Is there no end to the problems with the Scirocco??? :mad:

I've got the Merlin cloth and the whole seat cover has come away from the latch to tilt the seat forward. Someone else has exactly the same problem too. This is the first problem with the leather I've heard of though.
spamdog
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

After 13 months of owning my GT...no problems!
ReubenGT

PLUS

Post by ReubenGT »

JakeH wrote:Is there no end to the problems with the Scirocco??? :mad:

I've got the Merlin cloth and the whole seat cover has come away from the latch to tilt the seat forward. Someone else has exactly the same problem too. This is the first problem with the leather I've heard of though.
Mine pulled from under the latch too but I just poked it back in and thought no more about it! Had forgotten really so well reminded! another item to mention to the dealer. they'll be happy to see me :)
Last edited by trix on Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote fixed
waterford
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Deep Black

Post by waterford »

I have the same problem with Merlin cloth - it's coming away fromthe backrest lever agter 6 months!
sideshow bob
In: Deep Black
Options: DAB, Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Winter Pack, Flat Tyre Indicator, Parrot Hands Free Kit, Carpet Mats, Candy White accessory pack.......

Post by sideshow bob »

I had some problems.

See here:
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... f=2&t=4694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Find a better way of life at Marillion.com
etotheip
Options: leather, sunroof, parking sensors, 19s, nav, folding mirrors, dynaudio, cruise

Post by etotheip »

Mine has come undone as well as was thinking about getting sorted under the warranty
Still going strong =)