Rattles gone

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
chebaroony
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Rattles gone

Post by chebaroony »

Just thought i'd share my joy with you people , for a few months now ive had a terrible vibration inside my passenger door. It comes after about 5 minutes into my journey to work but has totally gone on my way home. WTF ? i hear you say but its true. And to add to that ive also had the more common rattle from the tailgate.

Anyways from the advice found on this wonderful site i managed to cure the tailgate rattle myself by adjusting the bump stops out to approx 7mm each . My car has been into Wolverhampton VW to have the door looked at and they told me that they had stripped the door card off and found a loose screw, and all was quiet , although i had little faith , I collected the car and on the way home the same vibration was there again , i turned the car around and headed straight back.

This time the same technician stripped the door card off again and after an hour or so found a window regulator cable vibrating against the door panel . He secured the cable somehow and put the door back together and hey presto - silence. My thanks to VW Wolverhampton for sorting this out as it was really p#ssing me off . I now enjoy driving my Roc again.
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: Rattles gone

Post by Shaun »

Glad you got it sorted :yes: , this is the sort of thing i do myself (i dont trust the dealers not to damage anything), you just need some VW fabric tape (Coroplast) and/ or some anti rattle tape and then pull the car to bits LOL
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

My has today developed a nasty dashboard rattle - luckily I get a new Roc on 1st Sept so it will be someone elses, issue! For now, music on high! :)
Now a Proud Owner!
chebaroony
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Post by chebaroony »

182_blue wrote:Glad you got it sorted :yes: , this is the sort of thing i do myself (i dont trust the dealers not to damage anything), you just need some VW fabric tape (Coroplast) and/ or some anti rattle tape and then pull the car to bits LOL
I really wanted to sort the door vibration out myself but couldnt figure out how to remove the door cards , but now i know .
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

yeh its not easy, i have access to Elsawin so can get all the schematics so its a bit easier for me