The Candy Monster

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Candy Monster
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

The Candy Monster

Post by Candy Monster »

Picked up the roc today, woo hoo! This is my 3rd new car so the novelty of collection is starting to wear off a bit and to be honest i miss my mini a little. Waited for the last few bits and pieces to be done on the car (sills, and pedals were fitted), had a nice chat with some of the guys at the dealership, signed all the documents and handed my money over, then jumped in the car and set off home....

Kept my right foot on a tight leash and made sure not to exceed 3,000 rpm on the way home but did notice how well the car picks up in 6th when pulling out to overtake lorries, this was when the first big cheesey grin crept across my ugly mug! :D Cheesy grin number 2 followed shortly after when i realised every other car that passed me had onboard someone doing a serious amount of rubber necking! Also quite a few cars were slowing down to cruise along next to me and take a good look.

When I test drove the scirocco i was more focussed upon how it drove than anything else but on the way home I starded to notice just how great the attention to detail is on this car, there are so many great features. Anyone noticed that the caps for the headlight bulbs have the VW logo cut into them?

I got home after about a 30 min drive and things got better, my mats and candy monster stickers had arrived :clap:

Gave the Roc a quick wash, went round the block to dry the brakes off and then took a few pics. Have sat in the car most of the afternoon fiddling with buttons and have fallen in love with it already :D

here's some pics of it looking tasty :yummy:

Sorry about all the pics but thought some of you would be interested in the mats :yes:

Maybe I'll debadge the rear tommorrow
polts23
In: Salsa Red
Options: Parking sensors, DAB, Elec Folding mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre indicator, Premium Sills, Alu Pedals & GT Steering badge

Re: The Candy Monster

Post by polts23 »

Congratulations!! Great work getting the pics up so soon. The mats looks sweet, may just go for those. Enjoy!!!!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

congrats cm enjoy it won't be that clean for long
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Candy Monster
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

Cheers guys, can't wait to go out in the car tommorrow and make it dirty again so i can wash it some more :clap:

I'll be waxing it as soon as it stops being so cold that water freezes on impact :eyepop:
LCM
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

Congratulations Candy Monster welcome to the club.

It has been a long wait for you and I take it you are like the cat with the full fat double cream.

Just remember the secret to maturity is knowing that the volume control also turns to the left!!

Enjoy and apologies for the clock but I couldn't resist it :hyper:

Roc On!!
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!
JaseW
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

Enjoy mate, give her a good waxing for me :clap:
I luv Roc!
Candy Monster

Post by Candy Monster »

LCM wrote:
Enjoy and apologies for the clock but I couldn't resist it :hyper:
Hey, no need to apologise, I thought it was funny! :D

Yeah, I'm well chuffed with the car :clap: No need to worry about that volume knob though, I haven't even listened to any music in it yet, been too busy fidding with sat Nav :yummy:
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

First of all many congrats man, looks awesome.
Candy Monster wrote:car that passed me had onboard someone doing a serious amount of rubber necking! Also quite a few cars were slowing down to cruise along next to me and take a good look.
Oh yes I know that feeling all to well :clap:
Candy Monster wrote:Maybe I'll debadge the rear tommorrow
Really? I was going to but then someone said "Why? if you have the 2.0 GT" and I agree with that now. I don't think you should do it either but upto you. The way I see it will help all those people when working out WTF this beauty is.

Just don't constantly think about 3k rpm, at the end of the day you will have to drive on a motorway and you will need to rev it a little, just be responsible for the first 1000 miles.

Finally enjoy!
Candy Monster

Post by Candy Monster »

Candy Monster wrote:Maybe I'll debadge the rear tommorrow
Really? I was going to but then someone said "Why? if you have the 2.0 GT" and I agree with that now. I don't think you should do it either but upto you. The way I see it will help all those people when working out WTF this beauty is.

[/quote]

Cheers, the roc really is a great car, thouroughly impressed with satnav system (didn't even plan on speccing this).

When i washed the car the only bits that were a little grubby (apart from the honeycomb mesh) were the bits between the lettering on the back. I think the smoother rear will look good, although i was put off the idea when i realised a 1.4 could be specced to look identical (don't mean to be snobby, honest!).

Thinking about it.... it might be fun to have a 1.4 badge on the back of a 2.0! :lol:
chr15
In: Rising Blue

Post by chr15 »

Looks good dude!
Candy Monster

Post by Candy Monster »

Spent 3 hours cleaning the roc today, haven't had a a chance to wax it until now. I noticed that the candy white paint work was showing up some marks/dirt from storage before i collected it, though only noticible when you looked really close.

Washed the car with Meguiars gold class car wash, twice :eyepop: Then dried it all off and used 2 stage pure guard (like diamond bright). After a polish i did the wheels with meguiars hot rims and the tyres with meguiars endurance dressing. Was gonna give the car a couple of coats of meguiars tech wax, followed by turtlewax platinum series extra gloss but I had already spent long enough in the freezing cold and was getting some funny looks from passers by!

will try and get some pics up tommorrow, cant find my camera cable :(

Never seen such a reflection from a white car, i'm chuffed with myself :clap:
Danne
In: Pewter Grey

Post by Danne »

Monster,

What colour is the base of those mats? They look grey? Not black.