Discount on new cars

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
biggles
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Black leather, winter pack,dsg.

Discount on new cars

Post by biggles »

Hi All,

Just to advise you of a rather frightening conversation I've just had with my local dealer. I called to see what my silver dsg car was worth to them at the minute as i fancied changing to the diesel. He said he didn't want to ruin my day by naming a price........they are currently selling basic GTs but with leather for under £20k! :fall:

Congratulations to those waiting, hard lines for those of us who have cars.

Oh well im glad i love the car as it looks like im going to be in it for a while!
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Discount on new cars

Post by rehmondo »

I checked on webuyanycars.com yesterday, they valued my 3 month old highly spec'd Roc at wait for it....

£14995 (pending vehicle check)

At the end of the day it isn't Scirocco owners, higher spec new Aston Martin's have lost up to £30K in the past year alone.

Difficult times ahead coming for everyone let's just hope that everyone in any financial commitment still has a job by the end of 2009.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

think at the moment its plan to keep for 2/3 years minimum and only sell if you really have to in the current circumstances

having seen an old old Top Gear on Dave recently when it had more content and slightly less 'power' they were reporting that companies had been extending leases and as a result there was a shortage of 2/3 year old machinery so residuals rallied on some marks, in theory similar will happen hopefully in a few years time and values will recover

whats not helping is base rate at 1.5% and typical loan rates at 8% if you are lucky, deals are worse than they are 3 months ago
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
sir_rocco
In: Reflex Silver

Post by sir_rocco »

As Andy said, if dealers are struggling to shift them then those with cars will be amongst the "few" thus when they are 2 years old there will not be that many available and if the economy has recovered by then I would think the laws of supply and demand would favour us.

Good luck to those getting one at knock down prices, I am not jealous having forked out over 25k......honest :cry:
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

hope we are right sir_rocco as r20t may be on ice for a bit longer :(
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
shooms
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Pano sunroof, Dynaudio, premium sills, metal pedals & alu gear-knob.

Post by shooms »

Had I ordered my car today through leaseplan rather than in October it would've been £20 per month cheaper over the 4 year lease for the same spec... saving of £960... not much but still a saving I could do with :(
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

sir_rocco wrote:Good luck to those getting one at knock down prices, I am not jealous having forked out over 25k......honest :cry:
I am not jealous at all, the way I see it, if I waited till now, then I'd still be waiting as who knows 6 months from know things really get bad, then I'd be like if I waited till then I would have saved hundred's more etc I'm only going to be 25 once so might as well run around in style.

Only a saving of about 10K could replace that feeling I had 3 months ago when I got my roc and literately I was only one on the M6 travelling back to Scotland in one, Audi TTS, 5 Series BMW's all had to have a peek when they drove past, I'm honestly really happy I got it back then.

For those of you ordering now, I can only say look hard, there are bargains out there to be had and certainly with the VAT decreasing you can easily now add that 1 extra option you couldn’t really afford before :yes:

I hope to see some of you on the roads in Central Scotland.
FUNYOU
In: Salsa Red
Options: Sat nav with Dynaudio package and folding mirrors.

Post by FUNYOU »

Ordered mine back in august. Had not even seen the car. Could not believe my eyes when I picked it up from showroom. Yes I'm sure I've lost a lot of money, but the past 3 months of driving the car, returning to the car with people standing around it discussing it, the looks and admiring glances. Priceless. You don't buy a car to make money. You buy a car like this to make you happy.
klippie
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather, Panny roof, Cruise, Parking sensors, Winter pack, Metal pedals, GT steering wheel badge, Mudflaps, Rubber mats and boot liner. Stainless tailpipes.

Post by klippie »

Hopefully I'll be ordering a new Scirocco in a few weeks time I was in a dealers in Edinburgh on Friday asking about a diesel I wasn't interested talking about money at that time but the salesman offerd over a £1000 off just like that, interesting for when I go to place the order I can sniff a good deal out there me thinks... :yummy:
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

klippie wrote:Hopefully I'll be ordering a new Scirocco in a few weeks time I was in a dealers in Edinburgh on Friday asking about a diesel I wasn't interested talking about money at that time but the salesman offerd over a £1000 off just like that, interesting for when I go to place the order I can sniff a good deal out there me thinks... :yummy:
I know it sounds obvious but check around on the VW website used section and the Autotrader to see if there is anything that matches the spec you are looking for. You might find a bargain and avoid the wait. After paying a small broker fee you could be looking at £1700 off list with somebody like Broadspeed.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....