MAX SPEED

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
marriedblonde
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Winter pack, 19"'s and a couple of other bits I have forgotten.

Re: MAX SPEED

Post by marriedblonde »

Not on mine it doesn't... Tried many times.
Married and Blond, yes. Still a guy with a poor taste in user names.

Black GT 2.0Tsi, H&R's, bluefin stage 2 remap, Miltek non-res, evoms intake, AP 4 pot's, forge quickshift, R tail lights, Flux 100w bulbs.
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

Can't be good for the car to do that many emergency stops :P

Haven't had them come on in the Scirocco, cos haven't braked hard enough for it to happen - but my previous Ford Focus did when I crashed lol.
Now a Proud Owner!
marriedblonde
Options: Winter pack, 19"'s and a couple of other bits I have forgotten.

Post by marriedblonde »

Had to bed my new brakes in and test them :-)
Married and Blond, yes. Still a guy with a poor taste in user names.

Black GT 2.0Tsi, H&R's, bluefin stage 2 remap, Miltek non-res, evoms intake, AP 4 pot's, forge quickshift, R tail lights, Flux 100w bulbs.
J_ee_ns
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
Options: Navigation, multifunctional steering wheel, special sound system, parking system.

Post by J_ee_ns »

I have an 2.0 TDI. I only can get him to 220km/h. He only has 3800tpm but wont get any faster.
Tolkan
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by Tolkan »

Well I've managed 215KPH on what we refer to as the "New road" here in Northern Cyprus, its the only road that has 3 lanes on each side and as its just been completed they haven't installed the speed cameras..YET :P So for now im in driving heaven :P

I gets up to about 180 easily then starts to bog down a bit between 190 and 200.. it takes a good minute o get from 200 to 215.

Mines all stock, have no intention to Revo it just yet but adding a Apexi Power Intake filer in in August :)
Deb
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Cruise control, flat tyre indicator

Post by Deb »

I can no longer test the speed of my Scirocco. Yesterday's post brought a speeding ticket. After checking the date I discovered I was caught on the way to the Somerset and Avon Police Speed Awareness Course last month.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at your own idiocy.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Deb wrote:I can no longer test the speed of my Scirocco. Yesterday's post brought a speeding ticket. After checking the date I discovered I was caught on the way to the Somerset and Avon Police Speed Awareness Course last month.

Sometimes you just have to laugh at your own idiocy.
that is absolute forum gold, sorry to here your plight Deb but that really made me laugh :cry:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
drawface
Options: everything that the dealer in Bangkok have which is missing the coming home light and the 3g bluetooth which does not work in a developing country like Thailand very well and the sat nav also.

Post by drawface »

My new record is 248 Km/Hr (everything stock just eisenmann exhaust). sorry no photo this time. Just found a new highway to test this on last month. However i was in a rally and i was drafting my friend's porsche and 370z in front to achieve this speed but the best thing i've found is my roc kept up with the cayman and Z pretty well which is a surprise if you think about the power of the other 2. sudden braking from that speed was crazy though.
eidooo

Post by eidooo »

Did a 245 km/h one time , The car started struggling after the 220 km/h
Then i had to reduce speed cause of a road radar :rolleyes:
unfortunately that was not captured by camera, But i captured this 236
Soon i will try to capture more than 245 in Video , waiting for the camera mount.
mhadley82
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue

Post by mhadley82 »

What's anyone got out of the R as a top speed? I know VW state 155mph but wondered if anyone has actually got up to that speed!
tmeypaz
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160

Post by tmeypaz »

155 is electronically limited.
No doubt it can make it.
Interesting question would be the top speed without the limiter :-)
Turboweasel
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Everything except DSG, Pano roof, Recaro's and leather.

Post by Turboweasel »

Hey all,

On a trip to the Nurburgring earlier this year with friends I maxed out my R on the autobahn. 160mph on the clock so most likely limited to true speed of 155mph. I have Blu-fin installed and it pulled like a train all the way to 120mph then took only a little less time to get to 160mph. Whats wierd on the speedo is that the increments are in 10's of mph until 120mph then in increments of 20mph. This gives a false illusion of less acceleration near top speed. On another note my friend said that under heavy braking it was my rear and brake lights that flashed alternately not the hazards.

Richie.
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

The speed limiter is configurable in VCDS not that it's actually active at least in UK deliveries.

A manual R is geared for 172mph but the frontal drag, total laden weight and engine power would assuming no head wind actually limit a standard R to around 165mph. The slightly different gear ratio's on a dsg box mean a higher geared top speed is possible if remapped but the higher weight reduces standard true top speed.
Paralla
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

I have a Vespa and follow another forum where a similar thread to this one has been very interesting. The top speed is somewhat easier to test due to it being a lot slower than a cars top speed. Any motorway is ripe for a Scooter land speed record attempt.

The highest Vmax on our 250cc Vespa’s currently stands at 93.4mph. Most of them can only manage 85ish.

Interestingly the Vespa forum seems to be a bit more sceptical of claims. "If there isn't a photo of it, then it didn't happen" is a line that’s often quoted.

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic7194? ... eed+record" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm interested to know what the top speed of my Revo'd Tdi 170 is. Presumably it's geared higher than ideal as standard so the extra power and torque from the remap will make a difference to the top speed.
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

I had easy 145 out of mine. As usual it goes steadily up around 120 so you need a decent stretch.

Actually not sure if the remap removes the electronic limit.
bitmadmax

Post by bitmadmax »

Sorry to go off topic, but how long has the optional colour MFD been out for? As I thought it was only available recently... the first post in this thread has a picture of one and is dated 2010? :?
Golf 7R
Gone: Scirocco R
VCDS available