Current lead times?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Lovepug13

Current lead times?

Post by Lovepug13 »

Hi,

I have ordered a standard Scirocco (non GT) with 18" wheels and black paint. Its a company car and comes through a place called pendragon contracts. I am waiting for a delivery date at the moment. I ordered it about two weeks ago. What's the current lead time from the time it is ordered? I think I may have it by close of play September but what do you guys think?

Any advice would be good. Hoping it wont be xmas or something by the time I get it lol.

Adam
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Current lead times?

Post by trix »

Hi Lovepug

having a quick look at other UK orders its roughly 6-8 weeks between order and build and then as a guide expect delivery 3-4 weeks after that
as you are ordering on a company car scheme this may not be an accurate example though as, sorry to say, they have a mind of their own occassionally. it shouldn't be far behind dealer orders though if at all

S
Lovepug13

Post by Lovepug13 »

Cool...September looks reasonable then. Thanks. I couldnt afford a GT spec by £150...gutted :-( Hope the Non GT is ok?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

part of the reason i didn't go for the 2.0TSi was the fact I didn't see the need for the GT extras, the front end looks better without front fogs :yes:

S
Lovepug13

Post by Lovepug13 »

I feel better already lol.
mickscirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 19" lugano black style pack ,mats,Alloy pedals,Door sills, remap stage 1

Which diesel? 140 or 170?

Post by mickscirocco »

also how long was your build date,i ordered mine last wk and im just waiting for a date now,the dealer said it wont be more than 3 months,but im out the country till then so will be back in time to pick it up, but reading the comments off other roc owners they have had a crazy build date.
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Re: Which diesel? 140 or 170?

Post by trix »

some of the R's are getting delayed build dates but the standard sciroccos are coming in around 10-12 weeks depending on shipping, just be aware there is a factory shutdown in july/aug for 2 weeks

S
mickscirocco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19" lugano black style pack ,mats,Alloy pedals,Door sills, remap stage 1

Re: Which diesel? 140 or 170?

Post by mickscirocco »

Trix

My dealer told me about the factory shutdown,but said mine will be ok cos order is in before,its been a week now since ordering,when should the dealer be in touch with dates and such, he said he will send updates via text messages is that a normal thing, im wanting the car by the end of sept,
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

yours is on order but as the factory isn't building any during the shutdown it doesn't matter whether its ordered nothing will be done to any cars during those weeks.

you should get an estimated build week about 3 weeks after order, dealers update via what ever method they find convenient, unfortunately when you get your car is in the hands of VW.

i've split these posts & added them to another topic as they were pushing the other thread off topic abit too far

S
bleedsoff
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Sumatra
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, DAB and Flat Tyre Indicator!:)

Post by bleedsoff »

trix wrote:yours is on order but as the factory isn't building any during the shutdown it doesn't matter whether its ordered nothing will be done to any cars during those weeks.

you should get an estimated build week about 3 weeks after order, dealers update via what ever method they find convenient, unfortunately when you get your car is in the hands of VW.

i've split these posts & added them to another topic as they were pushing the other thread off topic abit too far

S
Not sure trix if your mistaken or me but I don't think the factory for the Scirocco is shutting down. According to my dealer and VW cars are still being built but the transport company at sherness is not working during the shutdown.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Thats my understanding. I've seen no confirmation the factory is closing for a holiday break.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!