Advice Please!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
albertz33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Advice Please!

Post by albertz33 »

Hello Chaps,

Anyone got any advice about selling my car? I opted to buy my Lease vehicle after 3 years, then decided i wanted a Roc, so need to sell my Mk 5 GTI, have tried it twice in Autotrader at £10,950 which was book price, had alot of interest in October, but now nothing :(

problem was i was not allowed to sell my Golf until my Roc arrived, so kept being let down by Lex / VW on delivery, now that im fairly sure i will get it in January, is this a bad time of year? is it too expensive? opinions & help appreciated.
thebeast.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
iroc
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Re: Advice Please!

Post by iroc »

It's definitely a bad time to be selling.

You could always try webuyanycar, just type in your/car details and they will give you a price, obviously under book.

Good luck
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Yeah, they offered £7,500 :eyepop: i'd rather set a match to it, than sell it for that!!
shooms
In: Rising Blue
Options: Pano sunroof, Dynaudio, premium sills, metal pedals & alu gear-knob.

Post by shooms »

albertz33 wrote:Yeah, they offered £7,500 :eyepop: i'd rather set a match to it, than sell it for that!!
Sounds like they are the car equivalant of Cash Converters - they're just cashing in on peoples financial misery... I'd love to see their markup on that 7.5k... robbing gets...
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

Where are you based albertz33?
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Newcastle Upon Tyne, although im going to be at Rye House ( Hertfordshire? ) from 6th Jan for 6 weeks, might get more luck on Autotrader if i advertise it there, as its on the edge of essex it will match their stilletoes :D
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

albertz33 tidy look motor, have sent you a pm vw driver mag may be an option, gtis are still sought after
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
JaseW
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

It's a difficult position to be in... selling car's privately these days. Saying that I must admit, conicidentally before I ordered my Roc I was seriously thinking of a MK5 GTI and saw yours on autotrader. It was on my list of top 3 GTIs to see, just the time and distance put me off coming to see it... yours is a very good example, there aren't many White 3-Door GTIs out there!

back to your problem though, Is it too late to return it to the lease company? have you tried speaking to a dealer?

Failing that, give her a good clean,try and get some decent photos (difficult in the current weather I know) then try your luck on autotrader, or even Ebay. I sold a couple of cars on ebay and even bought my current runaround GTI on their! The car will sell,it all depends what you can afford to let it go for!

Good Luck!
Last edited by JaseW on Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I luv Roc!
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Ta andy, much appreciated,

I just cant believe that the interest has died off so quickly, this was my first 'new car' and i treated it well, in fact i doubt the engine has been above 4500 rpm in its entire life, and the lease agreement means that no expense was spared in servicing. But trying to convey that to potential buyers is hard, they all seem to think its been thrashed! Cant return it to the lease company, once you agree to buy the car, its too late to go back, and when i decided to buy it the scirocco was not out, and nothing else took my fancy ( almost tempted by a C30 T5 ) but at 35 im too young for a volvo... :D
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

It might be worth putting an ad on Pistonheads, it's free for a standard ad. I know some of the VW forum guys check it out to see whats available.
JaseW
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

just thought.. what about pistonheads, a lot of cars sell on their and yes Andy's idea, classifieds of a VW mag. As you said, it's a very good example, just make sure you embellish this in any adverts.
I luv Roc!
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

Don't know if you've done the obvious mate, just put a nice little for sale sign in the window?

Nice car that and quite rare as the other fella said.
easybreeze
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

albertz33 wrote:almost tempted by a C30 T5
Plus the seats are rubbish!
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

Have sent you a PM albertz33.
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Iambu, cant seem to PM you back dont know why.. :shrug:

year is 55 plate ( oct 05 ) milage now is 45K, Gti was specced with 6 cd multichanger in dash and 18" monza alloys, those were the only extras, the rest is as standard, interlagos cloth, aluminium trim etc. There is a scratch on the passenger side bumber, some gonk pulled a wheelie bin past the front of my car last year, its barely visible. The alloys do have some kerb damage thanks to NCP in Durham, im looking into repair locally, but getting the time to do it is a problem, apart from that, the body work is in excellent condition, a few stone chips on the bonnet, but nothing unusual. Car was leased by Lex, i now own it, just waitng for the V5 and MOT to come through ( MOT Oct 09, Tax Oct 09 ).

Front tyres were replaced before MOT, now have Michelin pilot Sports on the front, rears were replaced last year, also has flat tyre indicator but i think thats standard.

send me your email address via PM and i will attach pics.
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Thanks for the advice chaps, will put it in pistonheads, and a couple of other mags. Got a few more calls today believe it or not.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

albertz33 wrote:Thanks for the advice chaps, will put it in pistonheads, and a couple of other mags. Got a few more calls today believe it or not.
Yep Pistonheads or try xtreme automobiles :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
Bloke654
In: Salsa Red
Options: Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Mats

Post by Bloke654 »

ebay is also a good bet if you start the auction low but put a reserve price around the price you want for it. I did this with an Audi A4 a couple of months ago. It didn't meet the reserve price but I had put my mobile number in the listing and a guy called me to do a deal outside of ebay. Ended up getting more than I would have accepted for it. The ebay cost was equivalent to autotrader and the low starting price generated a lot of watchers.

Good luck with the sale.

Andy
drnick
In: Rising Blue
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

this is what you're up against matey, a really good clean and some good pics really do help!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2006-56-VOLKSWAGE ... 240%3A1318
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Hmmm, never thought of ebay, still waiting on V5 and MOT from Lex, useless c****

Might give that a try, ta drnick :yes: