MAX SPEED

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
drawface
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: everything that the dealer in Bangkok have which is missing the coming home light and the 3g bluetooth which does not work in a developing country like Thailand very well and the sat nav also.

MAX SPEED

Post by drawface »

Hi everyone I'm new here I live in Bangkok and just got my 'Roc about 2 months ago. And as you know in a developing country like Thailand speed limit isn't something we all scared about.
Anyway I was wondering if my 'Roc would do anymore than 240 km/ hr? because i saw on youtube and someone gone over to 265 km/ hr. :eyepop:
by the way I own a 2.0 TFSI I was hesitating between a GTI or a Scirocco but I'm a proud owner now and I'm loving every bit of it :)

and please tell me what is the top speed you guys have done on your 'Roc?

24484_387027084309_512484309_3628380_8189452_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
l-plate
I drive a: Scirocco R

Re: MAX SPEED

Post by l-plate »

sorry not been to the Autobahn...
callum2009
With a: Manual box
Options: Vienna Leather (black) + Dynaudio Soundpack + Rear Parking Sensors + Electric Door Mirrors

Post by callum2009 »

In for flame war on speed
stuaz
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Deep Black
Options: Sat Nav, Winter Pack, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control.

Post by stuaz »

*hides*

Incoming Flame War!!
Now a Proud Owner!
ukgazman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Cruise
Winter Pack
Xenons
Sat Nav
Tyre Pressure Monitor
Parking Sensors
Electric Folding Mirrors

Post by ukgazman »

ill go out on a limb and say this: speed itself isnt inherently dangerous... however, innapropriate use of speed most deffinatly is. An inexperianced driver or doing 100+ in driving rain is asking for trouble. But doing 130 on the autobhan with little traffic and good weather is perfectly sensible, all be it costly in terms of fuel :p
monkeyman
Options: Parking sensers
cruise control

Post by monkeyman »

Ive had just over 130mph (210kph) and found it was struggling to go any more, Although i was coming up to a roundabout so had to slow down. I would love to take it to a track to see just how fast it will go and weather I can get 155 mph out of it.
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

Ive gone tops 200/210 km/h since we dont have any speed limits here. But once i reach the 200km/h range it gets scary cause you dont have enough time to react in case somthing comes up, you never know..... good luck hitting 265km/h drawface (btw welcome to the forum since it's your first post, and add some pics up the gallery section)
ALL MODS ON HOLD
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Mine would pull cleanly to 140mph plus.
geordie562002
Options: Folding Mirrors, Bluetooth, Reverse Sensors, Winter pack Inc Heated Seats, RCD510 With DAB, Reiger Front Bumper With Audi R8 Grill, Reiger Side Skirts, VW OEM rear bumper with Gloss Black Diffuser, Tinted Windows, Custom Leather Trim, Eibach springs , Stage 2 Engine Remap, Recalibrated Traction Control settings, Induction kit, Forge Vacuum Valve, Miltek turbo back Exhaust , VMR 19" Alloys

Post by geordie562002 »

I was wanting to know this due to my car having the limiter removed as part of the remap to see if it had definately been done. I was in the RAF at waddington (lincolnshire)and still have a lot of friends there. On weekends now and again if the airfield is closed they have events etc... on. I was able to take mine a few weeks back and managed 162mph on the airfield. It shot to 150 no problems whatsoever but the last 12mph just took that little longer.
fun meter
Options: MY12, 19" wheels, Leather, RNS510, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Premium mats, MDI...

Post by fun meter »

Worth trying on an airfield.

Motorways in UK arent that great condition, police always about when you push it hard and its too busy.

Interesting to see what speeds modded cars do.
drawface
Options: everything that the dealer in Bangkok have which is missing the coming home light and the 3g bluetooth which does not work in a developing country like Thailand very well and the sat nav also.

Post by drawface »

yep it is quite scary when u hit 200 km/ hr. but I was on the highway when i was doing it and was actually chasing a Mercedes SL on a long straight line and behind me was an old M3 and we all went for it. a great experience that I probably wouldn't dare doing it again.
monkeyman
cruise control

Post by monkeyman »

Id love to have a blast and give my car a bloody good spanking on an empty airfield. does any body know of any places like that I can just turn up and have a blast? just to spank the car with out worry from the police or from hitting anything or running out of road.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

gutted mine only does 77mph
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

wigit wrote:gutted mine only does 77mph
Try changing up to 2nd :p
fun meter
Options: MY12, 19" wheels, Leather, RNS510, Cruise, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Premium mats, MDI...

Post by fun meter »

Theres one which is in the Midlands that people from M5Board use. I cant remember the name of it at the moment, sorry.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

ZephyR wrote:
wigit wrote:gutted mine only does 77mph
Try changing up to 2nd :p
its in third then runs out off puff in the high 60s in 2nd ;)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

What's going on then ?
Joined the M60 at the bottom of the high level bridge the other day in 3rd. Accelerated up the hill, moved into the outside lane and as I hit the top of the hill I looked down and saw I was doing almost 115 in 4th.
Bit worrying that, how easily I end up doing that that speed, and up a steep incline.
monkeyman
cruise control

Post by monkeyman »

Its so misleading. I tend to end up tonning mine down the motorway quite regulary with out even knowing it. They seem to be comfortable crusing at around 100mph.
drawface

Post by drawface »

I just don't know how to drive mine slow. I mean seriously I'm so glad I moved out of australia I tried a few times to keep the speed constant without exceeding 60 which is the speed limit in a lot of places in Melbourne, and I could only for maybe half a minute then I realised again I'm doing 80. The rocc just want speed! it is a very difficult to drive slow.
blakest
Options: sat nav. bluetooth, folding electric mirrors, smoking pack, 19's and parking sensors

Post by blakest »

Just remember speed dosn't kill,it's the stopping that kills ya!