Xenons are back (and just ordered my car)

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Mr_Twister
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Anthracite leather, xenons, winter pack, cruise, Satnav and Dynaudio, foldable mirrors, flat tyre indicator, pano roof, parking sensors, electrically adjustable front seat, bluetooth, mats, premium sills and I think that's all...

Xenons are back (and just ordered my car)

Post by Mr_Twister »

So, per the title, Xenons are back on the VW order list. Just ordered my car about an hour ago, apparently Xenons weren't on the system on Weds when the guy put another order through. Hurrah!

Btw, how exciting is it to get the printout of your order? So fun! Will have to fill in that bit to the right now about what I've ordered... :D
greeper
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
Options: DVD Satellite Navigation, Leather (black), Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack, Folding Mirrors, Premium sills, Boot liner, Alloy pedals, Parrot 3200LS

Re: Xenons are back (and just ordered my car)

Post by greeper »

I wondered where they went yesterday when I was considering adding them :)
greeper
Options: DVD Satellite Navigation, Leather (black), Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack, Folding Mirrors, Premium sills, Boot liner, Alloy pedals, Parrot 3200LS

Post by greeper »

Just checked the online configurator and Xenons aren't on there :(
Mr_Twister
Options: Anthracite leather, xenons, winter pack, cruise, Satnav and Dynaudio, foldable mirrors, flat tyre indicator, pano roof, parking sensors, electrically adjustable front seat, bluetooth, mats, premium sills and I think that's all...

Post by Mr_Twister »

'Tis true tho, in the heading of my order beside Upholstery it says "Anthracite lthr wntr & xenons". Will just have to see! I don't have a build week but it says "Release to factory for production scheduling February 2009" so hopefully everything's back on track...
greeper

Post by greeper »

Can we now order Xenons? If so how much do they cost? I would rather not spend the money on them but I go on a few unlit roads everyday and have Xenons currently and felt the lights on the Rocco were pretty poor.
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

greeper wrote:If so how much do they cost?
About £827 with the reduction in VAT
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

iroc wrote:
Such a rip off!
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

robrob wrote:
iroc wrote:
Such a rip off!
You are not wrong. :yes:
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Rather than creating a new topic just thought I'd post this here. I found a site selling Xenons for the Scirocco, downside at the moment is it's for LHD cars and the site is in Spanish however the price looks really good, however I'm not sure if thats just Xenons bulbs KIT which you can easily get on ebay etc or if you get the whole unit with these guys.

Our friends at google have helped translate the page into English...

http://66.102.9.104/translate_c?hl=en&s ... ltiY_T1O5A

A pic from their gallery.
JaseW
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

Looks like a complete kit, and as you said not a bad price... althought not that good now the exchnage rate is dropping..
I luv Roc!
NunoPT
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: Manual box
Options: Sport Pack

Post by NunoPT »

that car is walking ilegally whithout the lamp washer
easybreeze
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

I'm pretty sure xenon just need the auto levelling thingy... Not washers, they don't do much anyway!
Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
Mr_Twister

Post by Mr_Twister »

Well, too expensive or not, I'm looking forward to my car in its xenons! I just had the opportunity to kit it out as much as I wanted and went for it. I also think they look splendid too. Maybe Santa will bring my car 3 months early?
drnick
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

washers, levelling, lens, reflector, you name it.......
NunoPT

Post by NunoPT »

rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

drnick wrote:http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/drs/hidheadlamps

washers, levelling, lens, reflector, you name it.......
I have washers as part of the winter pack already, but do you know if the other kit would be built into headlights kit? I'm not sure what a reflector is, could someone please explain so I can work out if said approach will be worth time and money?
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

I have washers as part of the winter pack already, but do you know if the other kit would be built into headlights kit? I'm not sure what a reflector is, could someone please explain so I can work out if said approach will be worth time and money?
The reflector is inside / part of the headlight unit. You have probably seen on older cars lots of lines and shapes on the headlamps lens, these are to shape the light pattern that comes from the bulb. More modern cars now use a reflector to shape the light pattern allowing designers to have employ clear lenses and have more licence with the shape and style of the overall light cluster.

I think somebody has already posted some technical info on retrofitting Xenons. Not impossible, having headlamp washers is a good start. Depending on the vehicle harness though you may have to chop into it to splice in the neccesary cables for the Xenon units, on the other hand the harnesses maybe the same. Who knows, VW couldn't tell me! This is the sort of technical discussion i tried to get into with them when i heard about the delays and was considering retro fitting or going without. I guess when one of us eventually gets a Xenon equipped motor we can investigate and check the part numbers on the harnesses etc.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

Thanks for the reply
jonallen628 wrote:I guess when one of us eventually gets a Xenon equipped motor we can investigate and check the part numbers on the harnesses etc.
Yeah thats my other option, wait till they are being shipped and try to order the parts from a VW service center, my local one is quite good; the guy goes off and works out exactly what bits I'll need when talking to him about other things such as retro fitting Sat Nav, Bluetooth etc
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Connecttors are different, 8 pin on the non and 10 pin on the xenon, but you can get conversion looms for MK5's etc, so they'll be exactly the same.

Parts wise it just looks like you'd need a left and right light unit and ballast and bulbs, not a lot to it really.

Quick re-code with VAG-COM aswell i'd think to tell the various control modules whats there.

All sciroccos have the full self levelling setup due to the ACC suspension.
NunoPT

Post by NunoPT »

I asked about fitting Xenons in my Rocco to the Parts Manager in my dealer.

He said it was possible, they only needed to have the parts in stock. We have to install all the washing system with pumps and shit.

And it's kinda expensive.

I also had the word from a factory worker here in Portugal that they started to include xenon from the Week 50 cars.