retro fit sat nav??

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
shaunipoos1
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

retro fit sat nav??

Post by shaunipoos1 »

Hey guys i have spoken to me dealer who says that a retro fit sat nav is not available!! was wondering if anyone knows if he is jus B/S me an if so do u knw anywhere i can go to do it?? ta guys
Evil Derboy
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather • Nav

Re: retro fit sat nav??

Post by Evil Derboy »

Garbage. Lots of people have done it .
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

http://www.richtersport.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; will sort you out with supply + fit, very good guys there
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
Ibanez33
In: Rising Blue
Options: Mats, Electric folding wing mirrors, parking sensors, Sil protectors, Philips Crystal vision bulbs.

Post by Ibanez33 »

iAmbu wrote:http://www.richtersport.co.uk will sort you out with supply + fit, very good guys there

Had a look at the web site by why to they list the TDi models as PD? I though they were all common rail?
iAmbu
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

Ibanez33 wrote:
iAmbu wrote:http://www.richtersport.co.uk will sort you out with supply + fit, very good guys there

Had a look at the web site by why to they list the TDi models as PD? I though they were all common rail?
Must be an error on the website, they are all CR engines :yes:
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
dkfsk
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynamic Chassis Control, Bluetooth Premium, Flat Tire sensor, RNS510 Nav. system, cruise control, folding mirrors, Bi-zone air con, Alloy pedals, auto lights, rain sensors, auto rain closing windows, 248 BHP/380NM

Post by dkfsk »

shaunipoos1 wrote:Hey guys i have spoken to me dealer who says that a retro fit sat nav is not available!! was wondering if anyone knows if he is jus B/S me an if so do u knw anywhere i can go to do it?? ta guys
Not sure that I do understand your question but are you just asking if it is possible to put e.g an RNS510 in the car?

If yes, just do it. It's plug and play (at least it was for me).
Ibanez33
In: Rising Blue
Options: Mats, Electric folding wing mirrors, parking sensors, Sil protectors, Philips Crystal vision bulbs.

Post by Ibanez33 »

dkfsk wrote:
Not sure that I do understand your question but are you just asking if it is possible to put e.g an RNS510 in the car?

The unit just plugs in but the wiring and antenna for the gps won't be there, so at that point its be the same as the rcd but without the 6 disc changer.. Or at least I assumed that was the case?
shaunipoos1

Post by shaunipoos1 »

thx very much for your replies guys appreciate it
Evil Derboy
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Ibanez33 wrote:
dkfsk wrote:

The unit just plugs in but the wiring and antenna for the gps won't be there, so at that point its be the same as the rcd but without the 6 disc changer.. Or at least I assumed that was the case?
Nope. Standard plug and play. The unit should come with a GPS antenna, that most people leave dangling out the back and works fine. I specced mine as a build option but like I said before loads of people have done this as a retrofit and most of them have posted about it on this very site. Remember there's a search function...