Finance

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Finance

Post by iAmbu »

Hi all

Looking to order a Scirocco next summer... Have looked into PCP / Solutions with VW. Am I right in thinking that these are only to be used for paying off the whole payment? (I know it's not that simple, but for the sake of my question, let's assume it is). I know you pay an initial deposit, and then a set monthly amount. After the 3 years, you have the option of paying a Final Settlement Figure, or getting a new vehicle and transferring the PCP.

But.... Is it possible to mix PCP with a large cash payment when buying the car? Say for example I paid £11,000 cash when collecting the car, could I pay the rest off (approx. £12,000) using PCP? Or does the VW maximum deposit rule of 30% come in here and prevent you from doing that?

If not PCP, I presume it is possible to just get standard finance on the remaining £12,000 invoice amount? I presume I would be dreaming if this would likely be offered at 0%, on the Scirocco, say next September (2009) ???

Hope that all makes sense.
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
CTRnutter
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Re: Finance

Post by CTRnutter »

To be honest with that size of deposit it would work in your favour to pay the rest of the finance off over 3 years owning the vehicle out right, if you are trying to keep the monthly repayments lower then spread it over 5 years, the depreciation will be the same however you decide to pay but obviously spreading the payments over a longer period only means you pay more interest over the extended period of time

you can still sell up after 3 years even if you have finance taken over 5 years and they will recalculate a settlement figure, with an £11,000 deposit there will defo be equity left in the veichle and they will probably offer you a good rate on interest, I got about 2k off the repayments, this is really where the deals can be done :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

30% deposit rule would prevent that mate, worked out only to be around £8000 for me, this of course is depending on spec.

Ask your dealer if he is willing to lower the apr%, this would lower is comission on the finance however you could offer to sub the £150 he would lose. Overall it could save you £100 on your monthly payment!
ken
Options: Leather, winter pack, Dynaudio, cruise, reverse parking sensors, flat tyre warning, elec mirrors, sill protect, lowered -35mm and white grill mod. 19" x 8.5 matt black wheels with 245 x 35 x 19 Dunlop Maxx GT and matt black roof. Full front Paintshield protection.

Post by ken »

There may be a way of overcoming the maximum 30% deposit rule. If you have optional extras included the dealer may be prepared to invoice these separately from the basic car, so, in fact you get 2 invoices. Then you pay the options invoice in full and work out how much there is remaining of the deposit you want to put down and that goes against the car. Some dealers will do this other may not but it must be worth the question.
Bagwafu
In: Deep Black
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

My dealer has an arrangement with another PCP company (non VAG) which allows a 50% deposit, thus saving money (less interest) in the long run. Ask yours if they do the same!
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

For all those who have taken delivery and have purchased with finance;

- Who provided your finance
- What rates did you get in terms of APR or flat rate?

Just searching around for the best deal, any help would be most appreciated. VW have quoted 10.9% Apr, given the current BOE rate this is laughable. :fall: :fall: :fall: :fall:
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
drnick
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

borrowed 14000 from HSBC at 9.3%
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

johnallen628. Give Lombard Direct a try if it's a straight loan you are looking for 8.3% APR.
mister.c.

Post by mister.c. »

Absolutely bonkers rates aren't they, given the Base and the LIBOR rate?

Savings getting about 3% at the moment, yet can't get loans for less than 8%.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

given the world has gone mad decided to fund by loan, in the current climate its good to speak to your bank, barclays were quoting 6.9% when i went in they went through matters and gave me 6.7% (back in October), money was in the bank at a click of the mouse, previously i have used lombard

had looked at leasing 4 years ago and PCP (mileage issues for me) having had company cars up to then before reverting to a car allowance, went the simple route of buy it and sell it when i want

not a fan of moneysaving expert but his website has weird and wacky wasy of saving money, i just use money supermarket for a rate check
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2