Color decision black/white?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
tezamm

Color decision black/white?

Post by tezamm »

I am just about to order a Scirocco and cannot decide whether i should choose black or white!!

Plus dealer has none in stock.

Can you owners please give me your honest impressions and considerations.

Thanks
samwell
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Black Leather, Dynaudio, DAB, Metal Pedal Caps

Re: Color decision black/white?

Post by samwell »

IMO White - hence my choice :D

Had 2 black cars before my Roc and unless you don't drive too much or have lots of spare time to wash it, don't bother. Unless of course you're not bothered how dirty it will look! You can get away with more dirt on a white car too.

A car like the Roc, IMO, needs a stand out colour like white. They look a little ordinary in black.

That's my 2p worth - congrats on the order :clap:
2.0 TSI
alymac
Options: dvd nav, dynaudio,cruise,parking sensors,leather,19"s,

Post by alymac »

i ordered white, never considered black never had but just lately starting to like them in black if they are cleaned, if you still cant decide go for silver.
lewisdtaylor
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: leather, mirrors, parking sensors, scirocco mats (freebie from dealer!), autoglym paint protection (also a freebie!!)

Post by lewisdtaylor »

I'm on the fence with this.

On one hand, the white is by far a better colour for the 'roc. However, there seems to be alot of white ones popping up. Example, 5 delivered into my dealers this week alone!!!

Black would be a bit more unique, but i think i would still go with the white.

What specs are you going for??
tezamm

Post by tezamm »

specs: 18", sun roof, blue tooth, tinted, multi function steering wheel, RCD510, Parking sensors and mirror package.

Unfortunately 122 bhp, not 160 because, the price would go up considerably. But still undecided yet. Might change over last minute and reduce some of the specs! Although i'm not particulary fussed with high speeds. There is not many places here where to drive it. Also, here in Malta cars are expensive!
tezamm

Post by tezamm »

i am not particulary bothered whether it gets dirtier more easily - ill have to clean more often:). It s more the fact that white makes certain features stand out more. Black on black grills, fog lamps, no chrome whatsoever, not like golf highline, is a risk, but dare i say a sportier look!?
Crossbone
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sports package with black alcantara leather seats, metal pedals, tinted rear windows, 18' Interlagos, multi-function steering wheel, rcd 510, 2 zone climatronic, armrest, premium mats, winter package, lights and mirrors package, aluminum foot rest, covered cup holder.

Post by Crossbone »

Hi there tezamm! I drive a 122bhp scirocco with a similar spec to yours(no pano, but with sports package) and let me tell you I spent nearly 2 months thinking which color to go for. I ruled out black from the start because it gets so dirty and you can see all the scratch marks on it. I had white, green and blue on my list. Green was in the pole, but after seeing it in the flesh I thought it was a bit too much for me, white looks so good but when it gets dirty (and that's very quickly) it's so ordinary. Plus I think more than half of the sciroccos ever made are white, so you kind of lose that special feeling of driving one when you see the same car as yours pulling up at the traffic lights. So I went for blue and I'm loving every minute of it.

You should consider that this question is kind of a cliche, because every scirocco owner thinks his color is the best looking one. Otherwise, he would probably not driving it :)
tezamm

Post by tezamm »

i understand, you re right. How did you find the 122 hp engine?
skyblues11
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise control, front foglight, Multi.f.steering wheel,
tyre indicator

Post by skyblues11 »

def white, as it looks good in the med. sunshine .

white also doesn;t hold heat under strong sunlight. Don't worry being dirty easily. I am sure there are many immigrant car washes there, like in the UK, who can clean your car for about 4 euros.
Crossbone
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
Options: Sports package with black alcantara leather seats, metal pedals, tinted rear windows, 18' Interlagos, multi-function steering wheel, rcd 510, 2 zone climatronic, armrest, premium mats, winter package, lights and mirrors package, aluminum foot rest, covered cup holder.

Post by Crossbone »

I haven't had the chance to test the engine at full capacity, as the car has less than 1000km and I'm planning not to change gears over 3000rpm until i get to 2000-2500km. So, not much I can tell you. You should expect an average of 7-8-9-10 l/100km, depeding on traffic.
ReubenGT
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Truffle Leather, DVD SatNav with Dynaudio, Panoramic Sunroof, Parking Sensors, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Floor Mats

PLUS

Fiscon Bluetooth & Racingline Short Shift Kit

Post by ReubenGT »

WHITE! will look great in the sun!
christof
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: Cruise control, folding mirrors and tyre pressure indicator.

Post by christof »

tezamm wrote:I am just about to order a Scirocco and cannot decide whether i should choose black or white!!

Plus dealer has none in stock.

Can you owners please give me your honest impressions and considerations.

Thanks
I went through the same ordeal, decided on white but I saw a black one in Wolverhampton the other day and it looked NICE! It was super clean though, come to think of it every black one I have seen and thought wow, was like it had just been valeted.
tezamm

Post by tezamm »

thanks for all your help so far. there is a black one ordered by the dealer and is coming in Feb. So i am inclined to take this and not wait for March/April ! But that could prove to be bad judgement.

Christof: Its true about the black looking different when extremely clean.
MKAndy
Options: 19" Lugano Alloys, Smokers Pack, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors

Post by MKAndy »

I love my black one, only when it's clean though. I'm pretty methodical with the cleaning side of things, but in this weather, you're fighting a losing battle.
coldel
In: Deep Black

Post by coldel »

I saw a white one outside my place the other day, lots of crap off the road up the doors and sides and it looked rotten.

Saw a green go by my yesterday and it looked a lot better than the website version!
scirocco
Options: Scirocco number two ordered November 3rd 2010 (build week 5), Delivered April 2011
Cruise Control, Premium mats, Mudflaps...

Post by scirocco »

Red :lol: White is to popular now...
TimM696
In: Deep Black
Options: RCD-510 with dynaudio, sports pack, climatronic, interlagos rims, acoustic parking sensors, folding mirrors and rain sensor

Post by TimM696 »

I went for the black one. Still have to wait a week or two before it's here. If you take care of your car and wash it once a week with good products and put a decent carnauba wax (dodo juice or autoglym etc...) on it, the black will stay very very nice. I recently did this with my dad's car ( a black toyota avensis ). He always took it to the car wash, scratching the paint over time. After a decent wax, the car looks like it came out of a showroom.
Hope this helps ;)
davemac5
Options: wheels. fogs and mats

Post by davemac5 »

I had a black golf gt and as long as it was washed every two or three weeks it always looked good
viper17
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Cruise control
19'' Lugano Alloys
Parking sensors
Bi-Xenon
Electrically foldable door mirrors
Smoking pack
Winter pack in conjunction with Bi-Xenons
DVD navigation system RNS 510
Premium Mats
Stainless Steel Sill Protectors
Chrome Pedals
R - Tinted Rear Lights
Sliding Cup Holder ( To Be Fitted )

Post by viper17 »

Viper Green :nod:
Candy Monster
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

have both sat on the driveway, white all the way!

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... hite#p9708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;