tradeing my scirocco for a3

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
carl_09tdi
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: std model

tradeing my scirocco for a3

Post by carl_09tdi »

hello guys i have owned my scirocco tdi 140 now for 11 months ....its now got 12'000 miles on the clock but i'm tradeing in for a audi a3 tdi. the only problems i have found with the scirocco are 1, the windows below -1c are a real pain. 2, the hatchback ....even tho its big inside ..to me its to deep and the h/b door is to small. 3, only 4 seats even tho i never carry 5 people. 4, the back seat head rests are a problem has they wont lie flat..... i got a great tradeing price and only lost £500 from new. what are your views guys ???
funnyroc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
Options: Cruise and parking sensors ... nothing else :-(

Re: tradeing my scirocco for a3

Post by funnyroc »

Interesting trade, why the A3 and what spec? .. did you look at anything else?

I personally like the a3 but feel like its been around for too long.
Dogzyboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Aluminium Pedals, Premium Sills, Luxury Mats, Chrome Tailpipes

Post by Dogzyboy »

The wife has an '06 A3 Sportback & I have to say I love it. Not got my Roc yet so cant really compare the 2 at the moment. We've gone for the 140Tdi unit in both (albeit the Roc will have the newer CR unit) and I personally think it's a great engine.
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

All good reasons to trade in your Roc, if you find they are significant problems for you.
Great price for your Roc but what sort of discount did you get on the Audi ?
carl_09tdi

Post by carl_09tdi »

i've gone for the s-line 2.0 tdi 170bhp all wheeldrive with the black trim bits extra ie L.E.D front lights like the r8 and the black surround front .....audi gave me £18'500 for my scirocco when i only paid £18'900 with black paint also audi gave me £700 discount off screen price BUT the only problem is that i now havin to wait till mid may for my motor.
Evil Derboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

CONGRATULATIONS!

...you've traded in a car that has a fresh, exciting design, is still fairly rare on the roads and enjoys excellent residuals for a common, long-in-the-tooth, overpriced machine that is about to be replaced by a newer model (and just for the record, I am actually a big fan of Audis). Sorry if that's harsh but none of your reasons listed would make me get rid of it. For example you mention that it only has four seats but then say you never carry 5 people so I don't understand why that's a factor. Also if the windows seals are treated properly as outlined in the manual you'll have no problem with sticking windows (mine have worked fine well below 0 degrees).

Each to their own. Just my personal view. It's what makes you happy that's important. Hope you enjoy it. :lol:
andycooper606
With a: DSG box
Options: DAB RADIO (for TMS), Winter pack, Parking, cruise

Post by andycooper606 »

Hi
I currently drive an A4 and have to say the quality of the car beats many other brands much better than the wifes BMW and I seriously looked at A3 black addition. Spec is great and good deals can be had put it's due to be replaced this year and the value will drop.
It's not as special as a roc but will be reliable and feels nice to drive.
spamdog
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

I was looking at Audi's when making my decision to lose the GT and get an R or something else, always good to compare whats around.
I liked the A4 and A5 range, but the A3 compared to the roc? No thanks.
All i had to do was open the door on it and that was enough for me, the doors were tiny after opening the roc and interior felt very plain and boring, also didnt like the seating position.
Personal choice tho ...by the way, i went for the Roc R after looking at many other options!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

carl_09tdi wrote:i've gone for the s-line 2.0 tdi 170bhp all wheeldrive with the black trim bits extra ie L.E.D front lights like the r8 and the black surround front .....audi gave me £18'500 for my scirocco when i only paid £18'900 with black paint also audi gave me £700 discount off screen price BUT the only problem is that i now havin to wait till mid may for my motor.
i would have gone Golf GTD end of, certainly don't miss either of my A3s and golf spanks it when it comes to handling and driver invovlement
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
mike-p

Post by mike-p »

I'm trading my A3 2.0TDi Sport DSG for a Scirocco, and I'm happy going the other way!
Life's too short to go slow

Skoda Yeti 4x4 Elegance 2.0CR
Revo, Steinbauer & Oscarli Dealer for Suffolk and N.Essex
S8N
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

Post by S8N »

I'm in the same boat. My TSi GT is costing me a fortune in fuel and upkeep recently. Only lost a grand after 26k miles as well.

The A4 and A5 were on my list but they lack driver feel. Way too over assisted steering and the peformance felt lethargic. My choice? 330D :)

Enjoy your car, it's your choice and no one elses!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

S8N wrote: My choice? 330D :)
my neighbour has just bought one (was going for scooby sti) superb motor :yes:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
andres
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: DCC, brown leather..

Post by andres »

A3 is not a bad car. But compared to the Roc it's just plain and boring.
S8N

Post by S8N »

wigit wrote:
S8N wrote: My choice? 330D :)
my neighbour has just bought one (was going for scooby sti) superb motor :yes:
Add in a DMS remap and it's a real brute. My boss had that done recently. Scary quick!
carl_09tdi

Post by carl_09tdi »

thanks guys for the comments.....i only like hatchback 3dr cars and must be all wheel drive too, when i first went to vw i tried to get the golf tdi 4 motion but they stopped making them and ended up with the scirocco. i've test drove the gtd golf but i did not like it. has for you evil derboy i phoned vw when i first had problems gettin into my scirocco with the ice on the widows......I WAS TOLD BY VW THAT THE CARS NO GOOD BELOW -1C AND THAT THEY ARE LOOKING INTO THE PROBLEM THEM SELFS. i like vw's and have owned a few golfs (gti 04 plate & v6 4 motion 03 plate) , i've also had a civic type r 06 plate. i've test drove most new cars upto date ie golf gtd, scirocco tdi 170, ford's tdi, and honda's 2.2 tdi but i like the audi's all wheel drive. has for the bmw nice motor too but the 335 tdi is the motor to have £39'000 nice price too.
funnyroc
Options: Cruise and parking sensors ... nothing else :-(

Post by funnyroc »

Well I am somewhat like the others, I wouldn't go for tha A3 until it was replaced with a new model.

That said, if I had to choose one (and nearly did due to company car options) it would be similar to the one you have chosen... 170 tdi quattro with S-line. Plus I get bored quickly, my roc is staying for 2 years (lease) and then on to something else.

Hope you enjoy your new motor, let us know how you like it compared to the roc.
yellowplum
Options: Truffel Leather, 19" Wheels, DVD Sat Nav, Xenon Lights, Bluetooth Phone, Parking Sensors, Drivers Electric Seat, Electric Fold-able Mirrors, Winter Pack, Hill Hold, Flat Tyre Indicator - added VW Racing Springs, and changed Bluetooth to newer model.

Post by yellowplum »

Yup this did make me laugh, buying an A3 that gets replaced later this year with a new model - soon as the new one comes out yours will be worthless - haha - http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/ ... 11-002.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh and as for the civic that also gets replaced - http://www.thetorquereport.com/2011_hon ... xpress.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As for the BMW, well you will be lucky to get one of those and not have it permanently in the dealers with problems.
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Re: tradeing my Scirocco for a3

Post by ZephyR »

I do think you are being a bit hard there yellowplum. While most of us here would firmly vote for the Roc over the A3, others may have different agendas and personal needs and they should be respected.
Its always been the case that you can pick up a good bargain on a model that's soon to be replaced, and yes its resale value later will always be less as well. But I'm sure most buyers know that and enter in to the deal having done their sums first.

Having said that, Carl, I don't reckon £700 is much of a discount on your new A3. Looks like he's loaded a proportion of the new car discount on to the trade in price of you Roc. So long as not too many current Roc owners start getting over excited.

As an aside, looking at those pics of the new Audi and the new Civic, it adds further eveidence to the claims that there is a strong resurgence in manufacturers producing new coupe style models. Bearing in mind that most of the new cars hitting the showrooms today started life on the drawing board perhaps 5 years ago.
What's driving this I wonder.
stevieboy
Options: Dynaudio Sound, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, Badge Deletion, H&R Springs, Revoooooooooooooooooooooo!

Post by stevieboy »

mike-p wrote:I'm trading my A3 2.0TDi Sport DSG for a Scirocco, and I'm happy going the other way!
That's exactly the same swap that I made, car for car, model for model.

Did 100k in the A3 over 3 years and loved almost every minute of it BUT, a Scirocco it ain't. There is no comparison. The Scirocco excels in almost every department over the A3, which in my opinion, is definately showing it's age now. The only area that the A3 is a tad better in is the practicality of the boot.
.... I smile because I have no idea of what's going on ....
S8N

Post by S8N »

yellowplum wrote:As for the BMW, well you will be lucky to get one of those and not have it permanently in the dealers with problems.
Explain a little further. Three of work colleagues have 3-series M Sport cars which have only been in the dealers for services. In fact, I know of not one BMW owner in my circle of friends/colleagues with any problems :rolleyes:

Evidence?