Is It worth Claying?

Info about the best cleaning products and detailing.
geordie562002
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Folding Mirrors, Bluetooth, Reverse Sensors, Winter pack Inc Heated Seats, RCD510 With DAB, Reiger Front Bumper With Audi R8 Grill, Reiger Side Skirts, VW OEM rear bumper with Gloss Black Diffuser, Tinted Windows, Custom Leather Trim, Eibach springs , Stage 2 Engine Remap, Recalibrated Traction Control settings, Induction kit, Forge Vacuum Valve, Miltek turbo back Exhaust , VMR 19" Alloys

Is It worth Claying?

Post by geordie562002 »

Hi, i have had plenty of cars and never clayed any of them. Is it worth claying a brand new car and if so whats the best clay to get and is it easy enough to do without worrying about damaging paint work? Any advice appreciated. What would the best wax be to use after claying i currentley have swissvax mystery unless theres any better advice? Cheers
autoperfection

Re: Is It worth Claying?

Post by autoperfection »

Hi Geordie,

With regards to claying, our answer would be "yes"... it's definitely worth claying, even if it's a new car. Even though there may not be many contaminants to remove, claying the car will add a real depth to the paintwork and will help to get a real clarity to the paint that you'd find difficult to achieve without claying.

We recommend our Ultrafine Orange Clay, as it's mild enough to not worry about doing any damage to the paintwork (providing you keep the clay and paintwork well lubed at all times), yet it's got enough oomph about it to pick off anything that shouldn't be clinging on to the paint.
http://www.autoperfection.com/shop/Auto ... y-Kit.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With regards to wax, if you've already got Swissvax Mystery, to be honest there's not a lot we would really recommend over and above that! Personally, Mystery is by far our favourite wax - it's not to everyone's taste because it can sometimes be a bit harder to use than others and of course, not everyone wants to spend that much money on a pot of wax, but as far as we're concerned, it is outstanding.

If, however, you are looking at trying something different and want an alternative to try, we'd probably go for something along the lines of either Dodo Juice Supernatural, which is their high end wax, or a great alternative would be Pinnacle Souveran wax
http://www.autoperfection.com/shop/Pinn ... e-Wax.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps

Taryn and Jim :D
autoperfection

Post by autoperfection »

Sorry - forgot another great wax you could look at... Wolfgang Fuzion Estate Wax:
http://www.autoperfection.com/shop/Wolf ... a-Wax.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:yes:
Nospheratu
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: | Dynaudio | Panoramic Sunroof |

Post by Nospheratu »

Im no professional but i would really recommend it judging from the amount of contaminants i cleaned out this past Sunday. There were surprisingly alot of tiny tar dots. And i only took delivery on wednesday!

I suppose having a candy white makes the impurities that much more obvious. Im using the meguiars kit which is a very mild clay but it does the job.
geordie562002
Options: Folding Mirrors, Bluetooth, Reverse Sensors, Winter pack Inc Heated Seats, RCD510 With DAB, Reiger Front Bumper With Audi R8 Grill, Reiger Side Skirts, VW OEM rear bumper with Gloss Black Diffuser, Tinted Windows, Custom Leather Trim, Eibach springs , Stage 2 Engine Remap, Recalibrated Traction Control settings, Induction kit, Forge Vacuum Valve, Miltek turbo back Exhaust , VMR 19" Alloys

Post by geordie562002 »

Thanks a lot for your help in this topic and i shall be placing an order shortly, can you offer any forum discounts or dont you do that? Thanks again.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

geordie562002

Post by geordie562002 »

Cheers Trix
autoperfection

Post by autoperfection »

Thanks Trix :yes:

As the post says, the discount code is set to 10% now :yes:

All the best

Taryn and Jim :)