phones you've used that work with factory fit Blue Tooth

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Algoz66
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Lugano 19in Alloys, Sunroof, DVD, Navigation, Optical Parking Sensors, Bluetooth, Black Vienna Leather, electric folding mirrors, REVO Stage 1

Re: phones you've used that work with factory fit Blue Tooth

Post by Algoz66 »

forget the 16 digit code - it worked fine with 0000 and the phonebook downloaded too - brilliant piece of kit.
PIP39
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Panaramic Sunroof, winter pack, tinited glass, premium phone, rear parking sensors, autohold, fog lights, ipod connector, flat tyre indicator

Post by PIP39 »

Hi All

Had my car for 2 days...wow, what a machine - the premium blue tooth kit is amazing - I picked up a Nokia X3 - its a new PAYG and has SAP - works a treat - put my company SIM into as the phone they give us do not have SAP -set up was 5 mins, so easy - hope this helps someone - love the way text messages are displayed on the MFD :)
bianco
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

Good You found a fairly cheap solution.

There is also the solution to convert it to real Handsfree bluetooth that works with ALL phones, incl. iPhone.
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... _Bluetooth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mrk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: A few and a ROC reg

Post by Mrk »

Any word on whether the iphone 3GS works with the factory fit bluetooth?

And if so, and it better at £300odd pounds for the option, can you also have it connected to the Roc's ipod lead to play some tunes??
Mrk :D
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Phones need rsap to connect to the factory fit bluetooth so until the iphone has that it won't, sorry.

S
Mrk

Post by Mrk »

That makes me soo MAD. Why don't the damn stealers tell you this stuff!!

Thanks Trix.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

because they don't know it themselves mrk! why on earth would you think they actually know about the products they sell?! :lol:
remove it from your order, save a few quid & get fiscon instead.

S
Mrk

Post by Mrk »

I’ve been looking into this, and how to make my iphone work in my car: I doubt I can un-opt the hands free kit with only a week and half to my build, but I am waiting for my stealer to call me back. :evil:

So I found some info that may at least help some.

The iphone has a ‘call forwarding’ function. So you get a pay-as-you-go sim card from your mobile provider (normally free) and plug this into one of your old handsets that is sRap compatible. In Settings-Phone-Call forwarding, enter your pay-as-you-go number. And hey presto you can receive calls – for free, 02 anyway - through the daft VW Bluetooth.

You cannot of course make calls from your iPhone, only through your pay-as-you-go, which yes will cost you over your iPhones plan.
bianco
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

This solution works w. iPhone, but is pricey:
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccop ... _Bluetooth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anakin
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

List of phone that have Rsap

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSAP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the Iphone does not work with factory R sap. The Ipod lead will work with it (I think)
there's lots of after market kit to connect it, i've considered many because I love my Iphone so much and don't want to change.

The Best Solution I've found is buy a cheap PAYG nokia and use the call forwarding on your Iphone to the PAYG when you are in the car. I just have to get a PAYG sim as I have 3 old Nokias lying around that have Rsap.
Solar Orange TT RS
fatsaxman
In: Rising Blue

Post by fatsaxman »

Does anyone know whether the new Blackberry Bold 9700 has full functionality when used with the Factory fit bluetooth telephone prep
atayub
Options: dynaudio,Truffle Leather,electric seats,Winter Pack,folding mirrors,Tyre pressure monitor,Sat Nav,Blue tooth,Metal pedal caps,Steel sills, Luxury front/rear mats,boot liner,park sens,cruise control.Early June!atayub

Post by atayub »

yes it does. I have been using mine with full functionality but it is very sensitive. I have now got a new problem with mine. It connect fine but then 30 seconds later disconnect and then reconnects again. This is very frustrating have tried restarting blacknberry and erasing connection to the premium bluetooth and then reinstalling - stil doing the same problem. After finally having it working for the last 3 months this is making me feel like smashing my phone or the car!
Vibester
In: Rising Blue
Options: Navigation with Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Leather interior and 19"s.

Post by Vibester »

As the car takes the sim profile, do you need to have all your contacts on the sim contact list or the actual phone contact list? I am interested in speccing it but i will also have a bb Bold 9700 when my car arrives so I am not sure if the system is worthwhile... on the other hand, it will be annoying to have a phone button staring back at me if I find that phone would have worked perfectly!
dkfsk
Options: Dynamic Chassis Control, Bluetooth Premium, Flat Tire sensor, RNS510 Nav. system, cruise control, folding mirrors, Bi-zone air con, Alloy pedals, auto lights, rain sensors, auto rain closing windows, 248 BHP/380NM

Post by dkfsk »

DJH255 wrote:Has anyone managed to connect a blackberry - my work phone is a Curve 8310 which refuses to play ball
It dosn't work with an 8310. The problem with VW bluetooth premium is that it is a Nokia unit inside. Therefore it works with most Nokia models (I use an N75).

I started up with a Black Berry 8310 but found out that it will not work with the VW premium Bluetooth. Strange because Seat and Skoda does not use the same Premium BT unit and they have no problem connecting different phone brands.