Scirocco second hand value!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jonny96
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Premium mats, Premium sills

Scirocco second hand value!

Post by Jonny96 »

A mate of mine has just part exchanged his 1 year old, 15000 miles on the clock, scirocco gt for just under £19000. I've heard there is a big demand for them as vw has lowered the unit output and therefore delaying orders. Mines only got 10000 miles on the clock and im just not loving it as much as i'd hoped.

I had a Mk5 GTI before and although it is noticably quicker and handles better, im just a bit bored of the 2.0l tsi and fancy something a bit more. Also don't know about anyone else, but mines got a few gremlins. Windows sometimes don't come down so you can't get it, they go up and down with a mind of there own when ever you start driving off, handbreak is dodgy when its been driving in snow (which is bad as i live on a hill), wheels squeak like crazy when ever i go near slush or ice and don't get me started on the window wipers!! The build quality just isn't as good as the golf. Just wondering what you guys think there worth and what you could realisticly get for a part exchange with a dealer!
Malcolm
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Satnav
Leather
Reversing Sensors
Folding Mirrors
Cruise control
Carkit
CD Changer (Dumb Choice!)
K&N Filter Replacement
Pentagon Supaglass
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 19" Matt Black

Re: Scirocco second hand value!

Post by Malcolm »

I spoke to them re part x for an R and my Oct 08 (see spec on right) with 10k was going to cost £10k to change for like for like specd R
You can play the figures which ever way but that in a broad sense shows £20-£22k value on a £26.5k vehicle.

He suggested I wait until the R is a year old dumped more than mine would have and mine won't dropped hardly any more by 24months then do the chop hopefully nearer the£5k mark.

Be good to know what people are getting, I have bought a lot of new cars and changed frequently £5-£6k isn't bad in first year, if they do hold up then you will get very similar by end of 2nd which makes it a very cheap (new) car to own. Personally I reckon on £16-£17.5k at year 3 when I'll be looking for the new RS3
http://www.chemtec.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Karcher-Center-Chemtec for all your Karcher Cleaning Equipment Needs!
0845-890 3600 #1
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Jonny96 wrote:Windows sometimes don't come down so you can't get it, they go up and down with a mind of there own when ever you start driving off
Jonny, this is characteristic of a faulty ignition switch (can't find the thread at the moment) which the dealer will replace if you speak to them
littleyellowspider
Options: Black Leather

Post by littleyellowspider »

Malcolm wrote:Personally I reckon on £16-£17.5k at year 3
A touch on the hopeful side. 60 to 66% of the invoice price retained? I don't think so. Holding 60% of the base car price would be nice, with 50% being more realistic. So £11k to £12k I reckon.
scottyroc
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
Options: dynaudio 510/leather/heated seats/winterpack/parking sensors/19s/Apr remap

Post by scottyroc »

Back to the priginal question..

Jonny you should be looking at clawing back £19'200 - £19'500 dependent on trim level and extras, you could push for more if your trading for another car from the dealer..

Little yellow spider...I think your closer to reality, I think I read somewhere that on the PCP deals, VW we're offering a guaranteed £10'000 after 3 years...
R
Jonny96

Post by Jonny96 »

I got a good discount on mine, not many extra's. I have parking sensors, Premium sills. Its in salsa red, so not many about. But i paid 18,995 for it new. A dealer doesn't have to know how much i paid for it so was hoping i could get nearly what i paid for it. its only got 10000 miles on the clock and its in perfect nick!
Jonny96

Post by Jonny96 »

P.s Thanks Trix, i'll have a word with the dealer!!
Malcolm
Options: Satnav
Leather
Reversing Sensors
Folding Mirrors
Cruise control
Carkit
CD Changer (Dumb Choice!)
K&N Filter Replacement
Pentagon Supaglass
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 19" Matt Black

Post by Malcolm »

I really think if you look at supply of vehicles and quantity/volumn those that were brave enough to purchase in last qtr of 2008 there will be a VERY short supply of good used stock end of 2011. 100% expect more than 50% for the Rocco, agree for something like an A3 this will be down but a new model coming into 3year cycle will be limited supply.
PCP values meannothing, they'll still sell at market value. I did one on a Rav years ago and it cost me £10k but was worth £4k under what we could have paid if I had bought it.....
http://www.chemtec.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Karcher-Center-Chemtec for all your Karcher Cleaning Equipment Needs!
0845-890 3600 #1
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

I think around 55% retained is what you'll most likely get from a Scirocco at 3 years old. Don't forget, the price you see them going for on the forecourt is 15-20% more than what you'll get as a part ex. There are more and more cars coming out looking like a Scirocco (seen the new Astra? Ugly front end pretty bolted onto a Scirocco-like body shell), not sure if that'll dampen the desirability of a Scirocco, as it'll not stand out as much as it did a year ago. Limited production of the Scirocco will help retained values for as long as it's a popular car.

People have been keeping hold of their cars longer recently, making a shortage of good nearly new cars, which has driven the used prices up - that bubble has got to burst some time, i'd personally never buy a 1 year old car for 90% of the new list price, which most VW dealers seem to price their used cars at.

I think i'll be keeping my Scirocco for a minimum of 3 years - the price new cars have gone up by in a year is ridiculous - 2 hefty rises by VW (Feb 09 and Sept 09) and VAT going back up - a GT TDI is now £2700 more than it was a year ago, I suppose that also helps in keeping the residuals up, but you'll get hit on the replacement car.

There's no other car i'd have right now in the £20Kish price range except maybe a year old A5.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Tallguy

Post by Tallguy »

I think it sensible to work on a 50% residual for a 3 year/10k pa Scirocco. One could get a bit more but equally if we have a 'double dip' recession one could get less!
raffoul232
Options: -Adaptive chassis control
-Bluetooth interface+voice control
-Multi-function steering wheel with control for gear shift
-Panorama tilting sunroof
-Park distance control
-Sports package
-Tire pressure
-Smoking package

Post by raffoul232 »

I think this will sort out all th eproblems about second hand roccos:
Some of them are a good deal: http://www.ooyyo.co.uk/en/used-cars/volkswagen-scirocco" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ALL MODS ON HOLD