Top Gear Mag - Car Of The Year!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Top Gear Mag - Car Of The Year!

Post by martdy »

Just had the new mag thru my door and not only is there a crackin lookin Viper on the front cover but it's their overall car of the year :bounce:
Was there ever any doubt........ :clap:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Top Gear Mag - Car Of The Year!

Post by wigit »

its got to be reviewed on the tv soon then
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Yeh looks like it .Quite a big feature "The Cars Of The Year" 13 of the years greatest cars filmed in America .So should be appearing in an episode soon(always find the magazine has the story first ,then it goes on TV soon after).
andy wrote:its got to be reviewed on the tv soon then
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

No sign of it in the next two weeks episodes but they tend to finish the year with their awards so I'm guessing it should be on before that one. Dec 14th maybe.
robrob
In: Deep Black
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

martdy wrote: Was there ever any doubt........ :clap:
Of course not! :)
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Which months edition is that?
JayR
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Truffle Leather - Dynaudio - DAB - Electric Mirrors - Badge Deletion - Milltek Catback Exhaust - Forge DV - Stage 1 GIAC Switchable Re-Map

Post by JayR »

think its the "extra" month??
dont they publish every four weeks?

JayR
martdy

Post by martdy »

It's just called the awards issue No186 .Think it's Januarys cos It's got the free 09 calendar
rehmondo wrote:Which months edition is that?
I subscribe so get it a day or so before it hits the stands.
jntaras
In: Viper Green
Options: xenons,rcd 510 dynaudio,park pilot,interlagos 18'',tyre pressure indicator

Post by jntaras »

Can you send us a link or a photo of the front????pleeeeaaasee!!!I've ordered viper green and i have only ten photos to see it!!!thank you!
martdy

Post by martdy »

Sorry mate not that teccy and I don't have a scanner anyway Keep an eye out on topgear.com I'm sure it'll turn up on there soon.Rest assured it looks fantastic!
jntaras wrote:Can you send us a link or a photo of the front????pleeeeaaasee!!!I've ordered viper green and i have only ten photos to see it!!!thank you!
Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

I'm going to end up with two successive TG cars of the year. The puma was the winner in about 1998. I must be doing something right!

I'll probably pick the magazine up tomorrow. I can scan it for thursday.
martdy

Post by martdy »

Well done Kev for sorting that out.
I will also be on my 2nd TG COTY as the MK5 Gti I am currently abusing was a winner in 05.Can't remember if it was overall winner or "hot hatch of the year"
Kev wrote:I'm going to end up with two successive TG cars of the year. The puma was the winner in about 1998. I must be doing something right!

danbailey77
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

Post by danbailey77 »

From waht i remember it was their car of the year and one of the reason's i was confident in buying the roc without ever driving one or a golf gti.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

martdy wrote:Well done Kev for sorting that out.
I will also be on my 2nd TG COTY as the MK5 Gti I am currently abusing was a winner in 05.Can't remember if it was overall winner or "hot hatch of the year"
Kev wrote:I'm going to end up with two successive TG cars of the year. The puma was the winner in about 1998. I must be doing something right!

Nope it wasnt in 05 as I was driving the overall winner lol which was the Honda S2000 which was also 2004's winner which is one of the reasons i bought it !!! Still to this day I wonder whether I should have bought another one still obviously not as I currently have the car of the year !!! yay

http://www.topgear.com/content/features ... /01/1.html
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
martdy

Post by martdy »

that's the satisfaction survey not the COTY
heavymetalmayhem
Options: Leather, DSG, premium mats.

Post by heavymetalmayhem »

The MK5 Gti was Top Gear COTY 2004 - it says so in 'the hall of fame' page 185.

No mention of S2000 in the last 8 years I'm affraid.
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

martdy wrote:that's the satisfaction survey not the COTY
My mistake I thought it was the same thing lol, COTY is that what was on Dave the other day?
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
jntaras
In: Viper Green
Options: xenons,rcd 510 dynaudio,park pilot,interlagos 18'',tyre pressure indicator

Post by jntaras »

Kev
Administrator

Post by Kev »

TG wasn't in tesco tonight. I'll try again at the weekend.
risingblue1
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Sat Nav, Private plate

Post by risingblue1 »

You get a nice calendar with this month's as well :clap: