Options

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
easybreeze
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors
Smokers Pack

Options

Post by easybreeze »

All,

My order has been placed last week but with this whole VAT decrease talk I'm thinking of cancelling and reordering it and it hopefully being cheaper! However I'm still having troubles working out if I have chosen the right options... for me I had to specify park assist but then I only have around £400 to play with... Choice:

Dynaudio or
Cruise Control + Electronic Foldering mirrors?

My order currently has the Dynaudio but I remember my firend's golf having a pretty good sound system as standard on an SE! So is it worth it? Will mainly be using an Ipod.

Also, do you think it's worth also ordering the smokers pack to get the nice ashtray cover? (I don't smoke btw)

Arrived 23rd March '09 - Lovin' it
Kev
Administrator
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Re: Options

Post by Kev »

Personally I'd go for cruise and mirrors.

As for the smokers pack.... one more thing to rattle a year or two down the line so I'm leaving it out. The lid will probably stay open all the time anyway.
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

My current car's ashtray is used to store the petrol credit / loyalty card so would be nice to have a cover... would they even fit in it tho?
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

I'd go for cruise + mirrors, or just mirrors and get the cruise retrofitted for cheaper than factory list price
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
ken
Options: Leather, winter pack, Dynaudio, cruise, reverse parking sensors, flat tyre warning, elec mirrors, sill protect, lowered -35mm and white grill mod. 19" x 8.5 matt black wheels with 245 x 35 x 19 Dunlop Maxx GT and matt black roof. Full front Paintshield protection.

Post by ken »

easybreeze wrote:All,

My order has been placed last week but with this whole VAT decrease talk I'm thinking of cancelling and reordering it and it hopefully being cheaper! However I'm still having troubles working out if I have chosen the right options... for me I had to specify park assist but then I only have around £400 to play with... Choice:

Dynaudio or
Cruise Control + Electronic Foldering mirrors?

My order currently has the Dynaudio but I remember my firend's golf having a pretty good sound system as standard on an SE! So is it worth it? Will mainly be using an Ipod.

Also, do you think it's worth also ordering the smokers pack to get the nice ashtray cover? (I don't smoke btw)

Easybreeze

When you ordered your car the price was agreed between both parties and, as in this case with a car, it is usually an "on the road price" inc vat, road tax etc . However. whilst you should be insulated against manufacturers price increases (or you can cancel your order) I would have thought that the appropriate level of vat included in your current price would have been calculated at the time of order. However, the vat you will actually be charged should be the rate prevailing at the time of sale .... but I have been wrong before .... last time was in 1949!
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

ken wrote: Easybreeze

When you ordered your car the price was agreed between both parties and, as in this case with a car, it is usually an "on the road price" inc vat, road tax etc . However. whilst you should be insulated against manufacturers price increases (or you can cancel your order) I would have thought that the appropriate level of vat included in your current price would have been calculated at the time of order. However, the vat you will actually be charged should be the rate prevailing at the time of sale .... but I have been wrong before .... last time was in 1949!
Thanks for the info, it's through a leasing company so will give them a call tomorrow. Seems that no one is going for the Dynaudio. Is the standard setup good enough? I'm no DJ but like good base without rattles 8)
Magnust
In: Deep Black

Post by Magnust »

if i had to choose i would go for dynaudio.
got dynaudio and cruise myself, left out the folding mirrors because i really dont see the point, maybe you have extra tiny parking spaces in the uk? :P
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

Magnust wrote:if i had to choose i would go for dynaudio.
Marks out of 10? Have you heard the standard setup?
Magnust

Post by Magnust »

easybreeze wrote:
Magnust wrote:if i had to choose i would go for dynaudio.
Marks out of 10? Have you heard the standard setup?
i've heard the standard in a golf (not the dynaudio one tho) and it might be fine for most people, for me it was a bit weak (had bigger speakers, amp and a sub fitted in my last car tho so i might not be the best person to judge :P)
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

I havent heard the standard setup in the 'roc however I can vouch for the Dynaudio - great sound alround, rich deep bass. At £385 (last time I looked) it is significantly cheaper on the 'roc than on other VW models, making it a bargain IMO.

Cruise can be retrofitted (having saved up a bit after delivery), on your budget the only thing you would not be able to get is the folding mirrors - they fold by hand though ........... so you only lose the puddle lights. Depends what's important to you.

Good luck deciding :)
shooms
Options: Pano sunroof, Dynaudio, premium sills, metal pedals & alu gear-knob.

Post by shooms »

I've gone for Dynaudio as the standard ICE setup in the 'Roc I testied wasn't good enough for my ears... I've not heard the Dynaudio but have heard many many great things about it... I can't wait to be honest...
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

Think the Dynaudio is staying then - cheers :yes:

Retro fit for the cruise, are all dealers able to do this? Also, any chance that the ashtray cover is a retro fit? surely!!!
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

easybreeze wrote:Think the Dynaudio is staying then - cheers :yes:
I would not have given up the cruise and folding mirrors for the dynaudio.
The basic set-up is good enough for me (and I came from an Audi with a fantastic sound system!)
I can understand why for others it might not be good enough; people are looking for different thing.
I didn't really have a choice, and while I would have considered the Dynaudio had I not gone for something already on order, I do not feel disappointed with the normal system in any way.

Rather then changing your mind every 5 minutes depending on what you hear over here just go into the VW dealer and listen to the system yourself to make up your mind?
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

Magnust wrote: left out the folding mirrors because i really dont see the point, maybe you have extra tiny parking spaces in the uk? :P
Err, actually yes we do!
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

The standard setup i'd give 8 out of 10, its not perfect but as far as standard stereo's go its very good, the head unit gives you the option of adjusting treble, Mid and bass and when you have set it up it does sound clear and has plenty of bass for me. The radio can sound a bit bland using FM cant really comment on the other bands, so maybe DAB is a good idea. The Mp3 function sounds fine and I'd imagine the CD player would be as good as if not better (not tried that yet). If you listen to the radio a lot then maybe dynaudio would be a good option with DAB fitted, otherwise your option oney could be used elsewhere :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
easybreeze
Smokers Pack

Post by easybreeze »

Thanks CTRnutter.

When I had a quick spin in the car, the salesman said that unless your going to listen to a lot of radio talk channels then Dynaudio is not worth it... basically Dynaudio only helps the vocal, really I only want it if it gives that clear base and (the only way I can describe it) snap sound at high volume. The dealer didn't have any models he could demonstrate the Dynaudio with :grumpy:

Basically I would want the stereo to cope with R&B at high volume (as its test!) :band:
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Some salesmen do suffer verbal diarrhoea "Only get Dynaudio if you listen to talk radio " What a load of rubbish- only helps the vocal ! 300 watts of deep rich talking ! He's having a giraffe!!!! :lol:
easybreeze wrote:Thanks CTRnutter.

When I had a quick spin in the car, the salesman said that unless your going to listen to a lot of radio talk channels then Dynaudio is not worth it... basically Dynaudio only helps the vocal, really I only want it if it gives that clear base and (the only way I can describe it) snap sound at high volume. The dealer didn't have any models he could demonstrate the Dynaudio with :grumpy:

Basically I would want the stereo to cope with R&B at high volume (as its test!) :band:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

dynaudio is excellant especially when playing mp3s

yes dab is better quality (is you flick from fm) but the regional programmes you pick up depend on where you live ie whether they are actually transmitted

next time i would not tick the dab box
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

easybreeze wrote:Thanks CTRnutter.

Can’t really comment on R&B as I don’t really listen to a great deal of it, but the Kings of Leon sound great lol!! highest I have ever had the volume is 14/15 which is pretty loud and there was no distortion, I imagine you'd probably start to hear a drop in quality from there on, think I'd be more concerned about people thinking I’m a tit for driving about with my stereo blaring ha ha

My B&W speakers, NAD Amp and CD player are where my real listening pleasure comes from, with the comfort of sitting down with a glass of wine and not driving lol I've never really taken car audio too seriously admittedly but it’s the best stereo I have had in a car, and I haven’t heard Dynaudio so my review is impartial :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

If I had the cash spare I would add Dynaudio but if I had to choose I'd take the Cruise and Mirrors - you'll be better off getting the Cruise retro fitted as it’s about £50 cheaper – got mine done for £160 inc VAT.

I've had 128-192kbps mp3's around the 22-25 mark level some with much higher bass Dr. Dre, The Game can distort at this level, I've had Snow Patrol, Travis songs reaching 25 easily (lvl 30 is the max)

A large part of the sound distortion depends on the quality of the mp3’s being ripped at, I tend to stick with 192kbps – can’t go wrong.

I am quite content with the standard speakers now, in the beginning I had some crackles etc but it wasn't consistent enough to disappointment me.

Get the Mirrors whatever you do; they add a little bit more to the car.