Abt - vs - bsr ??????

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
zenaris
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Sunroof | Xenon Lights | Sport Package | ACC | Interlagos Wheels | Leather Truffle | Park distance | Cruise Control | Bluetooth | Tire Pressure |

Abt - vs - bsr ??????

Post by zenaris »

i didnt get my rocco yet and i am thinking to remap it.....

so please i need your help... has anyone remap his rocco 1.4 DSG with Abt or BSR ?
what would you suggest me to do ?
take a look what i find:

-------------------------------Abt ----------------VS-------------------BSR
Power--------------------210/6000rpm--------------------------------193hp / ( ? )
Torque------------------ 290Nm 2500-5000rpm-------------------- 291Nm / ( ? )
Top speed---------------238km/h-------------------------------------------------( ? )
0-100--------------------7.3--------------------------------------------------------( ? )
80-120 3 Gear---------( ? )---------------------------------------------orig---5.8sec---------stage-1-------4.6sec +21%
80-140 4 Gear---------( ? )---------------------------------------------orig---12.6sec--------stage-1------9.9sec +21%
100-150 4Gear---------( ? )---------------------------------------------orig---11.1secs------stage-1-------8.6sec +23%

BUT THIS IS ONLY IN PAPER :rolleyes:

so here i need you all........

i would really like to hear your opinion and your experience, if you use this programs
zenaris
Options: Sunroof | Xenon Lights | Sport Package | ACC | Interlagos Wheels | Leather Truffle | Park distance | Cruise Control | Bluetooth | Tire Pressure |

Re: Abt - vs - bsr ??????

Post by zenaris »

after 2-3 hours of search i find this post and now i am more confused :( DSG Torque= 250Nm----or <-300Nm

http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =bsr+remap" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i will not risk to remap my rocco if i dont find something enough reliable....

now about BSR they told me that they send u a ''box'' that u can remap (upgrade - degrade) when ever u need.... IS THAT TRUE ????????
pat15312
With a: Manual box
Options: Gloss black 19" RS4s; GT Spec; Leather; RNS510 & Dynaudio; rSAP; Alloy pedals & sills; Gloss black plastics; Revo Select+; H&R 35mm springs & 10mm spacers; Forge FMIC, Intake, BOV, Quickshift; Milltek T/back, Sports cat & Downpipe.

Post by pat15312 »

this is getting little annoying now... please read some of the older posts!
there are 3 tried and proven remaps for the scirocco. they are by revo, superchips and APR...
abt make bodykits; thats what they do... put it this way, you wouldn't get a bodyshop to change your suspension.
never heard of bsr...
search through other remap threads! i have revo on my 1.4 tsi and i'm very happy with it! 220bhp, delivered reliably and smoothly.
222bhp & 340Nm
Anakin
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

ABT dont just make body kits, they Tune cars too. They even do supercharger kits for the R32.
Solar Orange TT RS
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Zenaris

the BSR website I found gives no products for tuning a scirocco engine..
as Pat says, tuning engines & the 1.4 has been covered numerous times before. I can not recall anyone putting an ABT map on their car (1.4 or 2.0)

S
polo classic
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: H&R Ultra-lows and BBS RS-GT 9,5 20

Post by polo classic »

ABT is used quite often in Germany, along with the likes of MTM and Oettinger

BSR is quite comon to use on 1,8T's over here. They have one of the better induction kits for the 1,8T's too