Any chance of dealer discounts?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
sonnybhoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Any chance of dealer discounts?

Post by sonnybhoy »

Hi Folks, first time post here but looks like a pretty damn good forum. Anyway, been in to the dealers and specced up the car I want (Told to expect a 20 week lead time!) Back in a weeks time to discuss money and sign on the dotted line. Was just wondering what, if any deals you guys have been able to scrape out of VW. I saw an internet supplier, think it was buyacar.co.uk offering a 1200 quid discount with dealership waiting times?

Any thoughts?
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,
drnick
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Re: Any chance of dealer discounts?

Post by drnick »

i managed to get unregistered dealer stock (listed as used on vw.co.uk) and got about £1200 off list. I'd always be a bit wary of car brokers, maybe i'm just old fashioned but you can't beat dealing with a franchised dealer in my opinion. Hope you get a good deal!
sonnybhoy
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Post by sonnybhoy »

Cheers for that. I feel exactly the same about the internet broker! Its much easier to walk into the dealership and give the guy standing in front of you a hard time than doing it over the phone - Not that I'm being pessimistic about anything going wrong, like delivery times etc!! :no:

I know that such a popular and new car will probably not attract dealer discounts but you would think the fact that we are in the midst of a global recession, that those of us priviledged enough (or mad enough) to be buying a new car could get a bit of a price drop! Still going to make sure I get the ususal - Mats, Tax and a full tank of petrol!
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

With Broadspeed all they do is find the vehicle with your spec and charge you 300 quid for the trouble, however you probably save 1500 gross so a net saving of about 1200. They then put you in touch with the dealer direct where you then pay and await delivery. A good deal, they have a good reputation however the downside is that the dealer could be anywhere in the country - (however how much is a train fare these days - not even 1200 quid!) I got a quote but then didnt use them for my 'roc however will use them for my next car whenever that happens. I think there are some people on here who have used Broadspeed.
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

There are plenty of ex demos that have just come up for sale at VW dealerships. if you want an exact spec and a new car, discounts seem hard to get (one dealer told me thier front end margin was only 3.5%) but if you can flexible there's some great deals.

I collected today of a Black 2.0T DSG with panaramic roof, full leather, winter pack and mats for £21500, almost £4000 off list with only 800 miles on the clock. This car did seem significantly cheaper than similar spec cars with more miles at other dealerships (mostly on sale at £23-23K) so I snapped it up. Also negotiated the finance at cost. I inspected the car thoroughly because it was such a deal but the dealer had 3 demos on site and not many customers milling around. It is a buyers market, even on hot new cars like the 'roc.

The downside is if i was speccing it up i would have gone for Xenens as I drive from Dorset to Devon regularly and the roads are shite, but i'm not gonna pay £4K and wait that long for Xenons. I don't think i'm going to lose much on this car, I just think I got lucky, I think the residuals will be strong, it's just tough out there for dealers.

The drive back from Canterbury to Dorset was great today, the car exceeded my expectations. Top of my shopping list was an Audi A5 and I thought the 'roc was a bit 'boy racer' for me but I was totally wrong. The car is very sophisticated and upmarket IMO, extremely impressive, except the lack of being able to open the boot off the remote! Is there a trick?
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

gossa wrote:...except the lack of being able to open the boot off the remote! Is there a trick?
Do you mean the boot button on the key fob doesn't always respond to being pressed? I found this once or twice during my test drive, and remember reading the same issue in a review in a car magazine. Bad design maybe?

Where abouts are you in Dorset? I'm from Weymouth, my parents still live there so I'm down that way regularly. Test drove a 'roc from Loders Dorchester.

Welcome to the forum!
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
iroc
Options: Black Leather, Pano Roof, Winter Pack, Mats, Sat Nav, Prem Sills.
Now Sold

Post by iroc »

gossa wrote: except the lack of being able to open the boot off the remote! Is there a trick?
No trick just press and hold.
danbailey77
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

Post by danbailey77 »

The boot release you have to hold down for a few seconds rather than a quick press. Hope that works....
gossa

Post by gossa »

Cheers chaps, that's better, just tried it! Although it releases it doesn't open, I think the catch needs adjusting. Amazing, just plugged an ipod shuffle into the USB, wasn't expecting much but the bugger is charging and all the tracks come up and can be controlled from the touch screen, that's quality!

for matey that asked, i'm in Poole (no not sandbanks), lovely sunsets....

BTW, great forum, really friendly and informative, not like some of the twats on the motorbike forums!
sonnybhoy

Post by sonnybhoy »

Hi gossa, I'm just along the road in Fareham. What dealership did you use? I've been to Peter Cooper near Hedge End
gossa

Post by gossa »

sonnybhoy wrote:Hi gossa, I'm just along the road in Fareham. What dealership did you use? I've been to Peter Cooper near Hedge End
Got mine from Eurocanterbury in, er, Canterbury. Last Sunday I did a search for a black one on the dub website and found one in Southampton at Breeze, phoned them and they said they had silver but could get the black down for a look, went down, drove the silver, said 'great car, where's the black one', cheeky git said he'd only get it down if i was going to order then and there. I told him to poke it, used his internet to locate the next black one (heathrow), drove up to see it and decided as soon as I clapped eyes on it that it had to be black.

Then used the dub search engine to find the cheapest black one with reasonable miles and I reckon I struck gold. Still haggled of course, got £500 off the asking price and got a killer finance rate.

Despite the fact that the car was priced very keenly and I still got a deal, Darren at Eurocanterbury couldn't have been more professional, a pleasure to deal with, highly recommended, unlike the goon at Breeze southampton.
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Post by Bagwafu »

gossa wrote:drove up to see it and decided as soon as I clapped eyes on it that it had to be black.
Couldn't agree more !! :clap:

p.s. I had some dealings with Breeze in Soton - didn't strike me as particularly proactive ..........
gossa

Post by gossa »

Bagwafu wrote:
gossa wrote:drove up to see it and decided as soon as I clapped eyes on it that it had to be black.
Couldn't agree more !! :clap:

p.s. I had some dealings with Breeze in Soton - didn't strike me as particularly proactive ..........
Funniest bit, I drove from Poole to Southampton to see the black one, the black one was back in Poole with the Sales Manager where Breeze also have a branch. Bloke in S'ton says 'i'm not going to get my Sales Manager to waste two hours coming over if you're not serious', I replied 'well that's what i've just done matey boy!' Knob-ed!

Bloke at Heathrow was very helpful, but his car was £24 for the same spec and 4 times the mileage, doh!
Bagwafu

Post by Bagwafu »

gossa wrote:but his car was £24 for the same spec and 4 times the mileage, doh!
£24 ?? I'd have snapped it up there and then whatever the mileage !!!!!! :D
Kev
Administrator
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced in Nov '16 by a TTS!

Post by Kev »

I've got about £400 off a new March build so far. More negotiating nearer the time when my part-ex comes into play.
gossa

Post by gossa »

Bagwafu wrote:
gossa wrote:but his car was £24 for the same spec and 4 times the mileage, doh!
£24 ?? I'd have snapped it up there and then whatever the mileage !!!!!! :D
Damn, forget the 'K'! I think I saw a toy one on egay for that much though.......

I just went for a quick drive down some twisty Dorset back roads (Puddletown to Milford St Andrew road for any locals out there) and, Jese, that thing is amazing. Reminds me of my old Lotus Elan S2 (but way better)! Feels very planted, nice wide stance, amazing grip even considering the drizzle. lights are awesome too, don't worry about xenons!

I bought this car because it ticked most of the boxes for me, the only box it didn't tick was 'does it make me feel special', I didn't think it was as prestigious as my first choice car (Audi A5), but today i've completely changed my mind, I feel very special indeed.
JaseW
In: Candy White
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

I've ordered mine through via Broadspeed, which as Bagwafu states just puts you in contact with a dealer. Based on the car I've specced I saved over £1700.00 on list.

So deals are out there...
I luv Roc!
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Yep I used Broadspeed also. Saving £1500 :hyper:
Last edited by martdy on Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
Magnust

Post by Magnust »

i managed to get about 1250£ off when i said i got a sweet deal on an audi :P (which i actually did)
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Has anyone else who placed an order with Broadspeed got a fixed build week or taken delivery yet?

Would be worthwhile to get some feedback on the whole process for potential buyers who are investigating this route.

Should take delivery of my Broadspeed sourced car in Jan.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....