I Got It :( Now it's Gone

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: I Got It :(

Post by trix »

Panda
i'm appauled!! I seriously hope this gets sorted asap!!

+1 to Kev & Scirockets comments below
Kev wrote:Have you paid for the stuff they haven't added? That's the best part of a grand of extras.
Scirocket wrote:I work in the industry and you need to understand where things have gone wrong - whether it's VW not speccing the car properly or whether your leasing company have not ordered it properly. Then you throw your toys in the required direction.
get onto the people at the leasing company & check they are not at fault, you don't want them trying to charge you the extra for the options you specced but now have not got.

in response to your original question they can retrofit the smoker pack & give you an mdi cable but i think thats about it.

you deserve the car you requested, not being fobbed off with what clearly isn't! even if you do eventually keep it as is kick up a big stink now & see what you can get for it! & as others have said lodge a formal complaint ASAP!

S
Scirocket
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Premium Bluetooth

Post by Scirocket »

badpanda wrote:
Scirocket wrote:Sorry if I've missed it but are you leasing the car personally or are your company leasing it on your behalf? If your company are leasing the car for you then it's worth involving your fleet manager to apply a bit of pressure.

TBH I'm a bit surprised that ACVM aren't interested, have you spoken with their customer care team?
I suppose the company are leasing it on my behalf. The girl that does the vehicle admin is as useful as a wet paper bag. She has not helped at any stage of my 6 months of hell, complaint going in for that one.

I am calling the lease guy tomorrow cause "I don't really understand your email". Do you think Evils suggestion would fly Scirocket?
You need to ascertain who's name is on the lease and who is paying the leasing company every month. In most cases, if you've ordered the car via your company car scheme then your company will legally be the leasing party.

Not sure on the suggestions above and they're all a bit academic really. VW will be reluctant to accept the car back as it will be at a steep point in its depreciation curve right now but with a grand's worth of extras missing I'd suggest you're entitled to some form of compensation, even if it is only a reduction in your monthly lease bill.

ACVM are a large organisation so my advice would be to stay calm and to simply explain your disatisfaction to them. They're the ones that will have processed your order and financed the vehicle so they have a responsibility to ensure you're satisfied with your vehicle. If you can get information in writing to/from them as well it would be an advantage.

See how you get on and if you're still not satisfied, then cross that bridge if/when you get to it. One step at a time.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.
Evil Derboy
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

They won't lose money on the car if your company are continuing to pay the lease on it whilst you have it. The payments will offset any decrease in market value much the same way that a longer term lease would and after all they have screwed up so they should be prepared to take a small hit to keep your long term business. Once the basic Roc goes back they will sell it which is what they do at the end of full lease anyway. The car won't go back to VW at all. It will remain the property of ACVM.

If I were you I'd take control of the situation away from the fleet admin girl. First thing I would do is call ACVM and tell them that you are rejecting the car as it's not the spec you asked for. Once that sinks in offer the "loaner" solution. If they don't go for it they will need to find another customer for the basic one and all the while they have it and it's not being paid for, they are loosing money on it through depreciation. On top of that they have lost a customer altogether as you tell them that you have lost faith in them and will be proceeding to take up a lease elsewhere and will sort out an interim situation yourself until you get the car you originally wanted.

That should get them listening. Important thing is to keep your nerve. If they smell a "I really really want a Scirocco! Any Scirocco!" type of attitude then they will know that you're bluffing and tell you they can't do it, in the hope that you'll just take the basic one.
badpanda
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Run Flat Indicator, Window Tints, Interlagos Alloys, Fogs, Dynaudio, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steeringwheel, Premium Mats.. I NOW HAVE NOTHING !

Post by badpanda »

Told them I want what I ordered. I was told I can no longer drive the car and they will need to take
it away. Might not get a replacment at the same time, really mad now.

Looks like new build and at least 6 months, but probably more now that the slots are all
filled.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

did you ask about them donating that to you as a hire car/goodwill gesture in the mean time as suggested by ED above?

S
badpanda
Options: Truffle Leather, Parking Sensors, Run Flat Indicator, Window Tints, Interlagos Alloys, Fogs, Dynaudio, 2Zone Climate Control, Multifunction Steeringwheel, Premium Mats.. I NOW HAVE NOTHING !

Post by badpanda »

I asked. They said no to the roc as a loan
badpanda

Re: I Got It :( Now it's Gone

Post by badpanda »

Well, rather a bit of mess today.

Got told that I was not allowed to drive the vehicle and a replacement would be sent to me. This afternoon a Vauxhall Astra arrived, not even a temp lease... it was a rental.

Before this arrived my Director ended up speaking with the guy from ACVM. That ended in a shouting match, told that the depreciation of the car was worth more than our business with the company. We must have over 100 vehicles on hire and all rentals are with Arnold Clark too. Now have to wait till Monday to possibly get an answer, but I have made the right decision handing it back.

I would not like to be my vehicle administrator or that guy from AVCM, both I can pretty much presume are in for one hella bad day Monday.. this story is far from over.
chojin
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Rear Park Assist
Cruise Control
Floor Mats

Post by chojin »

this is turning into somewhat of a saga...

I'm convinced something similar is going to happen to my order :|

I really feel for you BP - it must be so frustrating!
Ordered: July 6th
Build week: 45 - Took delivery build week 48
Spec: GT TDI140, Candy White, Rear Parking Assist, Cruise Control, Factory Mats.
Gilez
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Folding mirrors, luxury mats, Black leather interior, DAB RCD510 Radio, Sill Protectors

LED side, interior, number plate, puddle and footwell lights.

DRL coded off, so side lights only. Beep for alarm set/unset coded on.

Build Week 5 2010
10.02.10 - on the boat to the UK
20.02.10 - Took delivery

Post by Gilez »

What a big mess, you must be absolutely livid, as i would most certianly be.

My guess is that ACVM have messed up. I guess stuff goes wrong at the factory, but can only assume that they have standard order forms that are completed for orders and cant believe that they arent double checked before production.

Keep us informed.
I can rely on my car, it's my Roc!!!
Evil Derboy
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Strange that they would supply you a rental as surely that must be costing them more. Equally surprising that your company as over 100 cars with them and they don't seem to care. Or maybe it's not that surprising considering it's Arnold Clark. You've done the right thing mate. if you had kept it, in a few months when "new car fever" had worn off you'd be thinking about all those missing options.
Scirocket

Post by Scirocket »

BP, at least something is moving with it now. Astonished that the conversation with AC ended in a shouting match though, after all it's their cock up, no?

I don't work in the leasing sector but I am corporate sales manager for a rather large global daily rental company - I'll let you decide which of the big four it might be but if your company have any requirement for daily rental vehicles and are looking for a change of view, we would be more than happy to have a conversation.

Good luck with the Scirocco, hard to take now but it will be worth it in the long run :yes:
Scirocket

Post by Scirocket »

Evil Derboy wrote:Strange that they would supply you a rental as surely that must be costing them more. Equally surprising that your company as over 100 cars with them and they don't seem to care. Or maybe it's not that surprising considering it's Arnold Clark. You've done the right thing mate. if you had kept it, in a few months when "new car fever" had worn off you'd be thinking about all those missing options.
AC offer daily rental too...
badpanda

Post by badpanda »

I know I did the right thing, but it was bloody hard.

All rentals are through Arnold Clark at the moment too. Now depending on how it goes and the fact the director is really p***ed off now then they could stand to loose A LOT of money, more than the depreciation would be. Hope for some serious changes or I would be happy if I can get the Roc back and keep it till a new one arrives.. whenever that may be.

As soon as I know you all will, thanks again for all the comments.

Also just typed my complaint to Sir Arnold himself, if my outcome is not as I want it on monday the that will be in the post.