Track listing on the RCD 510 unit

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Track listing on the RCD 510 unit

Post by trix »

Alex

Spiney's post here http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... +01#p26134 could fix it?

S
alex_dlc
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Post by alex_dlc »

so if i put

01 Muse - Plug in Baby
02 Philip Glass - Pruit Igoe

it will play them in that order even if they are not in that order in the SD card? and the RCD wont show the numbers, only the artist and song name? i assume the same thing will happen on the MFA

or maybe i can make the file names just be numbers: 01.mp3, 02.mp3...
Spiney
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Post by Spiney »

Yup,

Either should work fine although there's bound to be a limit on the filename length, not sure what this is though. The OS also might not like special characters like hyphens :shrug:
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

I've not tried this out fullly but I think if you dump all your tracks in to the root directory on your card then they will by track name alphabetically ordered. So if you put 0001 in front of the name of the oldest track and then 0002 in the next it will play them all in the order you choose.
Only prob is that you will have to rename every track :shake: :no:
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

i just realised a problem with this. i dont mind having to rename the songs at first, but wouldnt i have to rename the songs every single time i add another song to the card?

for example:

in my pc/mac i have

songA.mp3
songB.mp3
songC.mp3
songD.mp3
(imagine songC is first alfabetically for example)

so i rename them with the numbers

01songA.mp3
02songB.mp3
03songC.mp3
04songD.mp3

now i want to add songE.mp3 that i just downloaded but....
i would have to put it first since this is the order i want (newest songs first)

maybe i could put 00songE.mp3, but what about the next song? i would have to rename ALL my songs again so that the newest one always has 00 or 01.
so maybe songC.mp3 which was number 03 at first, might end up being 07songC.mp3

you know what i mean right? i guess i could start by making the last one be 9999, but its still annoying.
ZephyR
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Post by ZephyR »

Not liking to be defeated by a problem I've come up with a possible further solution.

Leave gaps between your numbers to allow for later insertions ...

0010 - Song A
0020 - Song B
0030 - Song C
0040 - Song D

If Song E later needs to be inserted between A & B is could be 0015 Song E.
You could increase the number of digits endlessly depending upon your needs. Seems like a lot of work to me though.
alex_dlc

Post by alex_dlc »

good idea. but i have never and will never need to add a new song in between any others. im SO used to having the new ones first, that i get annoyed if the order gets messed up. anyway, thanx for the tip.
k10
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
With a: DSG box
Options: Fuel!!!

Post by k10 »

For info...

Have a look at renamemaster - it is an excellent utility that amongst other things is excellent for prefixing numbers to the beginning of filenames. Obviously you have to get the tracks ordered correctly first :)
ayc1985
I drive a: Scirocco R
Options: Parking Sensors
Pano Sunroof
Cruise Control
Vienna Leather
Black 18' Talladegas

To come:

Sat Nav
Bluetooth

Post by ayc1985 »

By the way guys I have just bought a 320 gb Western Digital passport and it works fine with the car.

The format should be FAT 32 and you drag and drop your files into the root folder.

Only problems are:
- lengthy album list = lot of time scrolling down, not good if youre driving!
- no mix all, the mix will only apply to the album youre in

Otherwise, a good 80 gb of music in my car, can't argue!

URL here if anyone is interested:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/2146/1413/ ... type=genre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Digiman
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
Options: none

Post by Digiman »

Is there any way you can export your tracks and folder structure from either iTunes/iPod so that it can be put on a USB memory key. Also if possible something that can convert AAC to mp3 in the process. I use a Mac and don't want to convert my music library on this machine. I also have a windows machine.
AndyPK
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Sunroof and Cruise

Post by AndyPK »

Hi Guys, Noob question here....

My Roc is arriving on Wednesday - At last!! - Ordered back on 3rd June! I need to sort the sounds out, and in reading the various threads it looks like SD cards are out due to their start up time and USB keys are in.

Q1). I have a ordered a 2.0 TSI GT - without any additional audio upgrades - will I get the Media-IN interface as standard ?

Q2). In reading the 510 manual that someone kindly posted it talks about "connect the appropriate adapater" followed by the USB Key - can someone explain what this adapter is and where I get one - I have a number of USB keys but don't remember any kind of adapter that came with it ?

Many thanks!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Hi Andy

Congrats on expecting!

Q1 i will leave for someone else to answer as i'm not 100% sure.

Q2 with your roc you will recieve 2 cables (make sure you do get both!!) 1 ipod cable & 1 usb cable which you plug in & then your ipod or usb key will connect to this. Do not!! leave with out having both cables (or the dealer promising that they will send you one if its missing, most likely to be the ipod one)

before you pick it up have a look at this thread http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =13&t=1743 which will tell you everything you need to check

S
AndyPK
Options: Sunroof and Cruise

Post by AndyPK »

Thanks for the feedback Trix! I'll keep a lookout for those cables.

Its a company car and will be arriving on a trailer at the office tomorrow. I'll be out here like a rat up a drainpipe to check everything. Hoping it stays dry !!!
maddogdave
Options: Xenon, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Bluetooth

Post by maddogdave »

As an update to the earlier post in this thread from nickp regarding itunes format tracks, I have no problem in copying the m4a files from itunes onto a memory stick and using this rather than my ipod. I've not noticed any delay or difference between the SD card or the USB stick option, but have only used standard SD cards (Sandisk Extreme III) and not SDHC yet.

I do have a question to ask about CD track titles. Have tried a number of CD's, both original and copies and don't get any artist or track name info. Anyone know which CD's support the CD text function or whether the data can be added if I copy / edit an original CD.

Don't have the problem with CD's loaded with MP3 files, these work fine.

When loading / ejecting CD's though it only shows 'audio cd' or 'data cd' depending on the type of music on the disc. If I add a volume label when creating a disc it is not read. Not a great problem, just when it comes to swapping over some CD's in the changer unless you've remembered which is which or listen before ejecting it can become time consuming swapping out the correct CD's.
Deft
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
Options: Rear parking sensors

Post by Deft »

If anyone finds a solution to the non-gapless playback I'd be grateful - fairly aggravating for me (could go back to my Griffin FM transmitter.........)
justinkhoo
In: Deep Black

Post by justinkhoo »

Gapless playback using SD Card Options:

1. Itunes - use the join track feature
2. EAC - rip the CD as an .wav (IMG) then compress to MP3

I find a significant difference between using EAC/LAME and Itunes. LAME brings out the bass so much better.

Using RCD510 and stock Premium-8 speakers.
Andrews86
Options: Sat nav, interlagos wheels, vienna leather

SD Card RCD 510 unit reading limited songs

Post by Andrews86 »

I have just recieved my car and bough a SDHC card 4GB, i have loaded roughly 40 songs onto card but Scirocco media player only reading 10 songs. I have a 1.4 tsi with Sat nav .... ??? Any help would be much appreciated
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Hi Andrew :wave:

what format are the songs? mp3? wma? etc that may have something to do with it...

S
moranlan
Options: Nothing worth mentioning

Post by moranlan »

jonallen628 wrote:I populated my 16GB USB stick using windows media player.
If you want the best sound quality you will need an ipod with Lossless audio files, the ipod does all the hard work (decoding) and supplies the head unit with the most authentic signal lossless. This is the best route to make the most of the car audio although you will need a 160 GB ipod to carry a reasonable amount of albums round at anyone time.
DSC00235.JPG
Sorry for bringing this topic back from the dead but I gotta ask:
Can I play a loseless file from iPod/iPhone using the USB cable or do I have to use the AUX? I'm asking because the AUX would be much more difficult while driving and will cause a significant loss of quality (if we consider that the DAC in the HU is better than the iPod)