phones you've used that work with factory fit Blue Tooth

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
atayub
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: dynaudio,Truffle Leather,electric seats,Winter Pack,folding mirrors,Tyre pressure monitor,Sat Nav,Blue tooth,Metal pedal caps,Steel sills, Luxury front/rear mats,boot liner,park sens,cruise control.Early June!atayub

phones you've used that work with factory fit Blue Tooth

Post by atayub »

Hi all,

I know this one has been around in different formats, but my question is a bit more specific. For the people who have this option on the car what phones have you successfuly used with the RSAP funtionality. Any plus or minus points?
DJH255
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Bluetooth

Re: phones you've used that work with factory fit Blue Tooth

Post by DJH255 »

Has anyone managed to connect a blackberry - my work phone is a Curve 8310 which refuses to play ball
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

blackberry's are historically sh#te where bluetooth is concerned, my old company had to switch to parrot bleutooth kits
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
pat15312
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Gloss black 19" RS4s; GT Spec; Leather; RNS510 & Dynaudio; rSAP; Alloy pedals & sills; Gloss black plastics; Revo Select+; H&R 35mm springs & 10mm spacers; Forge FMIC, Intake, BOV, Quickshift; Milltek T/back, Sports cat & Downpipe.

Post by pat15312 »

i know that if you have a blackberry bold 9000 then the phone will have functionality for rSAP (remote sim access protocol).
i have seen on some german website that VW do support this phone.
I think most newer blackberrys have rSAP enabled however not sure about the curve...
i'll let you know how i get on with it when i get the car on the 18th as this will be the first thing i try.
222bhp & 340Nm
ABN1C
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Leather, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Parking Sensors, DAB Radio, Smokers Pack, Piano Black Interior Trim, Fiscon Bluetooth, Covered Cup Holder, Metal Pedals

Post by ABN1C »

Sorry to go off the point a bit, but how does the factory fit bluetooth work? Do you get anything on the stereo display, or is it just on the highline display?
atayub
Options: dynaudio,Truffle Leather,electric seats,Winter Pack,folding mirrors,Tyre pressure monitor,Sat Nav,Blue tooth,Metal pedal caps,Steel sills, Luxury front/rear mats,boot liner,park sens,cruise control.Early June!atayub

Post by atayub »

you get it on both. On the stereo display you can save five favourite contact numbers and it displays the people that call you, call out etc, On the highline display, you can view text messages, delete them, call back etc, you can view you call log, see who is calling you, answer end calls etc
elidag

Post by elidag »

Hi,
I have used 2 phones on the premium bluetooth kit

1)Nokia 6300(work phone) - worked first time all functions no problems at all
2)Nokia N95 - Worked first time but I had already installed the download application from nokia for my previous carkit which enables the transfer of contact info

This tends to back up info from my dealer who told me that the kit worked fine with Nokia's but struggled with oth makes
atayub

Post by atayub »

Yay the E71 now works, dont ask me how i got it to work, just played around with the nokia pc suite and the mrs' nokia 5800 and it just started to work today!
scirocco007
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Metal pedals, Gti 30th edition shiftknob, volkswagen B.T, BBS VZ, K&N inbox, APR stage 1, Eibach pro-kit 30mm lower springs

Post by scirocco007 »

atayub wrote:Yay the E71 now works, dont ask me how i got it to work, just played around with the nokia pc suite and the mrs' nokia 5800 and it just started to work today!
Hey
I own Nokia N96 and i wonder if you could tell me what did you do with the PC suite?? I want it ti work also :cry: :cry:
youvebinaced
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone System
Panoramic Glass Sun Roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Alloy Wheels
Cruise Control
8K HID Dipped Beam (mod)
LED Sidelights (mod)
Tinted Front Windows (mod)

Post by youvebinaced »

Lets hope it works with the iphone!
My car is now for sale, for just £16,000, fair price so please no silly offers :)
bianco
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

No, the Premium Bluetooth option does not work with iPhone 3G firmware 3.0

And it is never going to, because the rSAP (remote SIM) standard disables the phone and lets the car uses the phones SIM ID number to access the cellular network. That means that the phone can not access the data network, and is basically shut down. No way Apple is going to accept that, considering that their selling point is the user experience.
youvebinaced
Options: Black Vienna Leather
DVD Sat Nav
Bluetooth Phone System
Panoramic Glass Sun Roof
Parking Sensors
Electrically Folding Door Mirrors
Hill Hold Function
19" Lugano Alloy Wheels
Cruise Control
8K HID Dipped Beam (mod)
LED Sidelights (mod)
Tinted Front Windows (mod)

Post by youvebinaced »

WTF that is goin to be unbelievably annoying if that is correct :(
my mum had her iphone (original) working on her bmw 1 series bluetooth phone system
and has her 3g working on her kenwood system now??
My car is now for sale, for just £16,000, fair price so please no silly offers :)
bianco
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

It is important to understand that the Premium Bluetooth has nothing to do with what is commonly known as bluetooth.

Bluetooth as understood by 99% of user:
The carradio act as a wireless headset connected via bluetooth

Premium Bluetooth = rSAP (= remote SIM):
The carradio has its own phone, and takes on the identity of Your phone (actually the SIM ID), leaving your phone disabled for the duration.
Bloke654
In: Salsa Red
Options: Bluetooth
Dynaudio
Mats

Post by Bloke654 »

I have the Nokia N95 so am confident I should be ok.

Considering upgrading to the N97, anyone know if this has rsap as have had no luck finding info on the net.
clickqass
In: Sumatra
Options: Full Options with Truffle Vienna Leather Inside...

Post by clickqass »

Bloke654 wrote:I have the Nokia N95 so am confident I should be ok.

Considering upgrading to the N97, anyone know if this has rsap as have had no luck finding info on the net.
I had a N97 for a few days. Doesn't work with the VW
Scirocco 2.0 Tsi Sumatra - World's Envy, Owner's Pride !!!
elidag

Post by elidag »

clickqass wrote:

Tried my mates N97 in the car and after we had enabled Rsap on the phone it worked perfectly
clickqass
In: Sumatra
Options: Full Options with Truffle Vienna Leather Inside...

Post by clickqass »

elidag wrote:
clickqass wrote:

Tried my mates N97 in the car and after we had enabled Rsap on the phone it worked perfectly
Crap, i never looked for that option :bang: . Tell me this, if i connect a nokia phone to the car and download the complete address book, can i later on connect a blackberry (or any other supported device) and still use the same address book ? I have a Blackberry Storm and it connects makes n receives call but just won't copy the address book :rage:
Scirocco 2.0 Tsi Sumatra - World's Envy, Owner's Pride !!!
maddogdave
Options: Xenon, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Bluetooth

Post by maddogdave »

Just connected my Nokia E51. Phone works and address book uploads to the RCD510 display.
6500c (Classic - non slide) also works.
Did take a while to work out how to get the pairing to work (you need to enter the 16 digits of the passcode not just 4). A manual may have helped, if the dealer supplied one!
Once the phone is paired you can the access the phonebook which will download to the RCD510.
I've left SIM codes on my phone for security, so just need to tap in a 4 digit code (on the touchscreen) when I get in the car and it then connects.
Hope this info helps. Only had the car 24 hours so still working out what all the buttons do!

E71 works as well.
Last edited by maddogdave on Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scirocco1974
Options: truffle leather, dvd satnav,cruise,folding mirrors, winter pack and bluetooth phone kit, dyna audio

Post by scirocco1974 »

my n96 works fine just enabled the remote sim access on the phone :nod:
ImageNeuspeed P-Flo Kit APR stage 1 remap
Algoz66
Options: Lugano 19in Alloys, Sunroof, DVD, Navigation, Optical Parking Sensors, Bluetooth, Black Vienna Leather, electric folding mirrors, REVO Stage 1

Post by Algoz66 »

maddogdave wrote:Just connected my Nokia E51. Phone works and address book uploads to the RCD510 display.
6500c (Classic - non slide) also works.
Did take a while to work out how to get the pairing to work (you need to enter the 16 digits of the passcode not just 4). A manual may have helped, if the dealer supplied one!
Once the phone is paired you can the access the phonebook which will download to the RCD510.
I've left SIM codes on my phone for security, so just need to tap in a 4 digit code (on the touchscreen) when I get in the car and it then connects.
Hope this info helps. Only had the car 24 hours so still working out what all the buttons do!
My manual (for the phone) says you have to enter 16 digit code in order to remote access the SIM on my Nokia E71. However, my VW manual only talks about entering 4 digit passcode of 0000. So which is it? Do you have to do both 0000 and then make up your own 16 digit one? Thanks for any help from somone who has got it sorted.