Niggles

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
adamj
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Re: Niggles

Post by adamj »

My drivers wiper is shocking! Its smearing all over the place.......... :rolleyes:
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Stating the absolute obvious here, but why dont you clean the screen poperly with quality glass polish, i bet its covered in dealer prep shite, or never been cleaned properly since install.
danbailey77
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

Post by danbailey77 »

Andy, can you recommend a glass polish? Always had this problem on lots of cars, my scirocco is quite good at the moment though.

As for other niggles i need to get back to the dealer to sort out my misfiring headlight washers and stereo noise, will do this tomorrow hopefully.

Anyone know if you can stop the windows popping down on both sides when the key is taken out of the ignition. I've stopped it unlocking but the windows still move.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

I normally use Autoglym glass polish, the cream, not fast glass, but there are many quality glass polishes available.

or RainX is very good aswell, but the glass needs to be squeeky clean and its pretty fussy that you follow the instructions to the letter.

I'm just very cautious of the typical silicon based crap that dealers apply to cars when prepping them
adamj
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Post by adamj »

Anyone made progress on the wiper smear and rattle?

I have used the Autoglym glass polish on my windscreen and its made no difference.

I have the smear and the rattle is driving me mad. It had its first service last week and I was shown a special VW bulletin about how the issues are do to with the way the car is cleaned.

If thats the case why did VW need to make a special bulletin specifically for the Scirccco on this, would it not affect all VW's? When I pointed this out plus the fact that I wash my Dad's MK5 Golf with the exactly the same cleaning product and his wipers are fine they had no answer for me......
robmx
Options: Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors.

Post by robmx »

I clay barred my windscreen and that made a massive difference to how well the wipers worked.

My only niggles with the car is that the coat hanger in the rear appears to rattle when you crank the music up. Smears on the touch screen. Being able to see wires under the throttle pedal. No bonnet lifters. Not low enough/massive arch gap. No sound adjustment (EQ) on the RCD510 (unless i've been stupid enough to miss it). The low fuel warning alarm (as I like to run around with as little fuel as possible haha)

Oh and my first niggle was not being able to wash the front screen with the wipers up until I found the wiper lock up function.
Spiney
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: Dynaudio, Cruise, DRL's turned off!
Just added Premium mats and treadplates, because she's worth it!

Post by Spiney »

Hi Robmx,

The 510 does have bass / middle / treble adjustment. Just touch the (small) button somewhere top right of the screen.
The Kitchen Shop
http://www.just-cooking.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
robmx
Options: Winter Pack, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors.

Post by robmx »

Cheers, i'll have a look for that when I'm done at work. Can't believe i've not spotted it though, I've not had time to look at the instructions, but have tried to figure it out if I'm ever sat in the car waiting around etc!
tony4147
In: Salsa Red
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS510 SatNav/BT, Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Factory Mats

Post by tony4147 »

Main problem with my car since day one is a noise from the drivers window when I go over a pot hole / manhole etc. Window lubricated a couple of times and drivers door seal replaced but still noise from window / seal is as bad as ever.
Very disapointed that dealer and VW appear to be unable to rectify the problem.

I did have the window wiper smearing issue, that was cured last week by fitting a new design of wiper blade that had just been released by VW, total cure.
I have the part numbers for these new blades and will post them later.
rollopre
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Black leather adjustable seats, Dynaudio, reversing sensors, Xenon lights,cruise control, floor carpets

Post by rollopre »

wullie636 wrote:I too have the windscreen wiper rattle and find it very annoying. I tried cleaning them with soapy water it made no difference. Has anyone spoke to their dealers about it? I also agree about the first gear and the cost cutting on the leather putting the cloth around it on one side. The heaters for the seats are crap my father has a jetta and if you put them about to five you can't sit on them. Apart from these I think its a great car a real headturner
Give your wipers a clean with vinegar or lemon juice - that will cut through any oil or grease residues picked up off the screen.
adamj

Post by adamj »

tony4147 wrote:Main problem with my car since day one is a noise from the drivers window when I go over a pot hole / manhole etc. Window lubricated a couple of times and drivers door seal replaced but still noise from window / seal is as bad as ever.
Very disapointed that dealer and VW appear to be unable to rectify the problem.

I did have the window wiper smearing issue, that was cured last week by fitting a new design of wiper blade that had just been released by VW, total cure.
I have the part numbers for these new blades and will post them later.
If you could post the part number that would be much appreciated. Bet they make me pay for it now my car is 1 year 1 day old though............
Jacktherat

Post by Jacktherat »

Last edited by Jacktherat on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

I think the GALA just isn't very sensitive Jack, some days I don't think mine is working but other days I notice it (usually at low speed/gears though)

S
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

My RCD510 GALA settings appear to work OK but at speed initially as delivered to me, it was making it too loud so I adjusted the setting a little down and now it's fine.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
alanstead
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Dynaudio, Parking sensors, Bi xenon, Electric folding mirrors, Cruise control, Winter pack, Flat tyre indicator, Mudflaps, Rubber mats, Boot liner, LED sidelights, Upgrade cornering bulbs, LED interior lighting, Upgrade DRL's, Premium sill trims, Alloy pedals, RNS510, Rearview camera, Bluetooth.

Post by alanstead »

My seat heaters are fantastic, never managed to have them above 3 and there hot within 30 seconds of putting them on. I have cloth seats so maybe thats the difference. My niggle is the car wont demist in the morning. its shockingly slow, my old polo I had many years ago was better, its a real disappointment. I think that maybe the aircon aint working right, the dehumidifier part usually cleans the mist on the window in seconds, even when cold on any other car I've had. Even once the cars warm it still reluctant to clear properly! My GALA works fine. My rear panels somewhere around the speakers do rattle when I have bassy music on, which is a disappointment since I have Dynaudio so I can have it loud! Both things are being mentioned to the dealer for rectification. And I'm gonna clay my window and see if that helps with the greasy mark which is always left right in my line of sight! Apart from that, cars awesome
peter.vw
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
Options: Reversing aid, Paneramic glass roof, Folding mirrors, Tire flat indicator, mats, Smokers pack

Post by peter.vw »

Just thought i would stick my two pennarth in on the wiper thing, Metholated spirit is good for cutting the wax/oil on the glass and it does not leave a residue.
The other thing is if you use a wax wash on the car it will undo all the good work you have done by leaving a deposit on the glass
tony4147
In: Salsa Red
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS510 SatNav/BT, Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Factory Mats

Post by tony4147 »

My dealer fitted the following new blades a couple of weeks ago and they have had plenty of use and don't smear
left blade pt no. 5k2.955.425
right blade pt no. 5k2.955.426

since fitting the above my windscreen smearing problem is cured.
brendan

Post by brendan »

hi all,all my niggles;
1.wipers crap
2.tailgate/rear parcel shelf rattle
3.elec.mirror control knob crap
4.drivers door window noisy when operating
5.exposed wires behind accelerator pedal
6.standing water on car; DONT have door windows down when driving off,trying to see out because of crap demist/ventilation,or you WILL get soaked.
7.absolutely crap demisting/ventilation system[yes,recirculating air switch is off].vw, you should be ashamed.
8.very noisy/rattling release bearing when idling/cold.
9.rear wiper blade judder.
10.steering wheel wont adjust low enough.
11.rattle behind dash/dials somewhere.
12.generally not very happy with little squeaks/rattles all over the place for such high priced car.
although i generally like my roc.,i do think they are a highly overated car,nice shape ok.i certainly will not be buying one again when time comes to change.just an expensive ordinary car when you look under the skin.roll on peugeot RCZ.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

brendan wrote:hi all,all my niggles;

2.tailgate/rear parcel shelf rattle.
Cured the rear cabin rattle today that had developed on more uneven road surfaces. Turned out to be the plastic hinges of the parcel shelf rattling in the securing sockets just behind the rear seats. Stuck a "fur" part of a black velcro fastener pads to each hinge socket so that the pad was slightly "U" shaped. ie. I laid it flat in the channel with an upturned bit towards the front of the car. The car inside is now much quieter.

C.
Last edited by RW1 on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Jacktherat

Post by Jacktherat »

Last edited by Jacktherat on Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.